Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Rank system

OP sanwish1

Please for the love of HALO fix the rank system for Halo Infinite. Halo 5 is beautiful but the rank system is caca. Bring back that Halo 3 style please. Thank you
Which rank system are you referring to exactly? CSR or progression? I liked Halo 4's CSR ranking and Halo 5's progression ranking. If they had something like those in Infinite, I'll be alright 👍
I like the balance between skill and grind honestly. I liked 5 divisions, but I liked the ranks better in 3. So maybe instead of Bronze, Silver, Gold, etc, they could do Private, Corporal, Sergeant, etc.
sanwish1 wrote:
Please for the love of HALO fix the rank system for Halo Infinite. Halo 5 is beautiful but the rank system is caca. Bring back that Halo 3 style please. Thank you
I’d prefer something closer to reach maybe with a mixture of 3’s Win/Loss system.
Yeah if the rank system is like halo 3 or reach it would be great because u would have the rank picture on and they looked cool and halo 5 well let's not go there I think the only time it looks good in 5 is when ur max rank
I would prefer Reach style progression ranks, and Halo 5 style skill ranks.

In Halo 5 I'm usually a Platinum 5 - Diamond 1 player (in Slayer) and I can't even begin to count the number of matches that have ended with a 5 point margin or less. The match making is quite phenomenal. Even with a lower population games are almost always competitive.
I think 5 has the best ranking system you see yourself ranking up and has an overall nice progression. If they do something like that I will be happy, I am not a fan of the MCC ranking system
Trunkaroo wrote:
sanwish1 wrote:
I’d prefer something closer to reach maybe with a mixture of 3’s Win/Loss system.
I heartily agree.
Okay, I can agree with most of these replies so far. I think Halo 3 hit the Ranking spot on. Each playlist had its respective "Rank" based off of XP aside from you're overall Progression rank (I think I got to Major II on Halo 3) so maybe keeping Gold, plat, diamond, etc. would be cool for Social. For Ranked, If they brought back 1-50 like og Halo 3 but including Halo 5 style Champion ranks, to see who would be the "best" 50's, or something similar to that.
Only other issue that Halo 5 can't seem to get, which I hope they fix on Infinite, is fixing solo queue Ranked matches. Especially if you're Diamond 6, or Onyx teamed up with a Gold 5, Plat 2, Bronze 6 and playing against a team of 4 Champs... but get good? am I right? lol
sanwish1 wrote:
Okay, I can agree with most of these replies so far. I think Halo 3 hit the Ranking spot on. Each playlist had its respective "Rank" based off of XP aside from you're overall Progression rank (I think I got to Major II on Halo 3) so maybe keeping Gold, plat, diamond, etc. would be cool for Social. For Ranked, If they brought back 1-50 like og Halo 3 but including Halo 5 style Champion ranks, to see who would be the "best" 50's, or something similar to that.
Only other issue that Halo 5 can't seem to get, which I hope they fix on Infinite, is fixing solo queue Ranked matches. Especially if you're Diamond 6, or Onyx teamed up with a Gold 5, Plat 2, Bronze 6 and playing against a team of 4 Champs... but get good? am I right? lol
Isn't that what the solo queue ranked playlist is for? Avoiding full teams? But I do agree with you, even when playing with 1 friend, it's hard to face any team of 4. Would be nice if full teams had to search for full teams for at least 30 seconds, if none found, expand the search.
What do they refer to? Will I qualify again? like diamond, onyx, champion? Woow
I can really get behind halo 3 ranking and medals
I hope it is an XP based system with Military Ranks, they felt cooler to me than just a number