Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ranked settings will be out today (10AM PST)

OP Ken2379

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They are doing a video on it with a full gameplay so we will be able to see their plans for ranked/HCS modes hopefully before the week has ended. So before we have it all revealed let's discuss what we think/hope to see is revealed and what settings you want to see, e.g BR starts, fixed weapon spawns (Skewer/Sniper rotate in social), radar situation, confirmed gametypes, etc.

I'm hoping the gametype they show is 5 flag and it's on a new competitive map. I absolutely love watching and love playing Onslaught CTF more than any gametype in Halo history. I would love to see such a small and intense CTF themed map make a return to HCS. If the gameplay is not a new map I think I'd most like to see either 3 flag on Bazaar or Team Slayer on Recharge. What do you want to see?
i want to see some more oddball, but im glad to see my favorite esports orgs join halo (my fav being faze clan) i think the halo esports scene is becoming more newcomer friendly and accessible.
As long as AR is not a starting weapon I will be happy.
Their stream audio working properly...
It would be nice to see both Slayer and Objective. I hope if it's BR starts, there is no secondary. No radar. Better weapon placements: there's no reason why shotty, snipe, rocks, and powerups can't all be on one map--or at least most of them. Just 2 or 3 major pickups is going to slow down the game at a top level.

I could go on for a while. I wouldn't mind some words from the devs about their design choices.
1. BR starts. Pistol is simply not fun in Infinite, too much randomness to justify it being the starting weapon. I am aware that Infinite has a DMR, but I just believe that BR starts is the far superior option as far as viewership is concerned.

2. CTF, Slayer (hopefully not on every single map), Oddball, Strongholds as far as gametypes is concerned.

3. For the love of Halo use as much of the sandbox as is possible. I played the preview, I was surprised that basically every single gun was good, even the equipment was really well balanced. I expect all the equipment to be in competitive, I hope to see rotating weapon spawns (increases skillgap and allows for more interesting strats in my opinion) and them embracing the sandbox with open arms instead of just putting like 10 weapons in and it being that way for the next few years.
I hope HCS settings are pretty similar to the main game. H3 hard-core isn't 'more competitive' its just H2 players who wanted H3 to play more like it and got their way.

Likewise with Reach hard-core trying to play like 3. I've honestly never cared much for it. Casual/Social play is my focus.
I hope HCS settings are pretty similar to the main game. H3 hard-core isn't 'more competitive' its just H2 players who wanted H3 to play more like it and got their way.

Likewise with Reach hard-core trying to play like 3. I've honestly never cared much for it. Casual/Social play is my focus.
There is going to be a significant split between HCS and social setting no matter what they are, based on starting loadout alone. H5 made the attempt to have more or less universal settings and alot of the casual community took it as 343 forcing a sweaty game on them--I think that was more an issue of Spartan abilities in reality. But perception matters and the move towards a universal loadout was perceived as part of the problem. So since there is no Magnum in this game, I'm sure the competitive settings will be more distinct at the onset and separate themselves more quickly than H5.
D dawgy wrote:
Sorry to break your bubble but that’s not gonna happen
They need BR starts or a ton of BRs around the halo maps or else this is just going to be an AR fest for controller players
Tresor564 wrote:
They need BR starts or a ton of BRs around the halo maps or else this is just going to be an AR fest for controller players
My theory is that ARs won't be in loadouts or on the map for HCS. If they are on the map, I bet they'll be treated like BRs are currently in Social and there will be very few. I'm not interested on watching pro players spray eachother.
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Oh lord I hope not. That would be absolutely detrimental to Halo as a competitive game.
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Oh lord I hope not. That would be absolutely detrimental to Halo as a competitive game.
I think tresor missed the "not"
I posted something similar to reddit.
- No grenade hitmarkers
- BR starts, possibly BR / Sidekick
- No radar
- Friendly fire on
- Friendly collision on
- No equipment on spawn
- Locked in weapon locations
My guess is they won't show a new map and they'll play 3 games, one on each of the 4v4 maps we've played on.
Live Fire - Slayer
Bazaar - 3 or 5 flag
Recharge - Strongholds
My big hope is that they're playing on a newer build of the game that has fixed the clunky sniper, sluggish aim and bloom / recoil.
Possibly we might see that map that got leaked or a new one entirely who knows.

I'm hoping the 50/50 weapon spawn thing is gone in general, that friendly fire and collision are on across the board and that grenade hitmarkers would disappear. Competitive, especially with Infinite trying to feel more classic, could easily have it's main difference as precision only starts and no radar, as it stands they want to tinker with base settings too much.
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
I think tresor missed the "not"
No I didn’t since their are probably not going to be BR starts Seeing as they are only 2 pickups around the map I just don’t see 343 starting you out with only a sidekick it makes no sense.
I posted something similar to reddit.
- No grenade hitmarkers
- BR starts, possibly BR / Sidekick
- No radar
- Friendly fire on
- Friendly collision on
- No equipment on spawn
- Locked in weapon locations
My guess is they won't show a new map and they'll play 3 games, one on each of the 4v4 maps we've played on.
Live Fire - Slayer
Bazaar - 3 or 5 flag
Recharge - Strongholds
My big hope is that they're playing on a newer build of the game that has fixed the clunky sniper, sluggish aim and bloom / recoil.
Possibly we might see that map that got leaked or a new one entirely who knows.

I'm hoping the 50/50 weapon spawn thing is gone in general, that friendly fire and collision are on across the board and that grenade hitmarkers would disappear. Competitive, especially with Infinite trying to feel more classic, could easily have it's main difference as precision only starts and no radar, as it stands they want to tinker with base settings too much.
Nah player collision belongs to the gulag It only exists to annoy tf out of every1 playing these days. There no long Is a need to stack players on top of each other to make high jumps with all the movement mechanics.
I'm super pumped to find out what the comp settings are going to be!

What day of the week does the HCS blog usually post on?
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
No I didn’t since their are probably not going to be BR starts Seeing as they are only 2 pickups around the map I just don’t see 343 starting you out with only a sidekick it makes no sense.
What does the number of pickups have to do with it? And how do you know the number? HCS is not going to be AR starts. HCS is pro level halo. It's obvious 343 is mimicking the social/ranked divide of H3. Ranked might have ARs in some lists, but HCS will absolutely be BR instead.

Are you just being a pessimist? Or do you actually have reason to believe it HCS will have ARs?
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
What does the number of pickups have to do with it? And how do you know the number? HCS is not going to be AR starts. HCS is pro level halo. It's obvious 343 is mimicking the social/ranked divide of H3. Ranked might have ARs in some lists, but HCS will absolutely be BR instead.

Are you just being a pessimist? Or do you actually have reason to believe it HCS will have ARs?
AR might be a pickup weapon though, respectively.
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:

Jesus chill my guy…I am saying this because of the fact that if they decided to only put 2 BRs on each map and with all of the other changes they’ve made to the sandbox indicates they are trying to shift away from the BR meta. And I don’t see them going with a sidekick only starts because of how useless it is compared to the tier 2 power weapons so I think probably be AR sidekick starts with no radar or the flight 1 radar.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2