Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ranked settings will be out today (10AM PST)

OP Ken2379

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
As long as AR is not a starting weapon I will be happy.
Sorry to break your bubble but that’s not gonna happen
Jesus chill my guy…I am saying this because of the fact that if they decided to only put 2 BRs on each map and with all of the other changes they’ve made to the sandbox indicates they are trying to shift away from the BR meta. And I don’t see them going with a sidekick only starts because of how useless it is compared to the tier 2 power weapons so I think probably be AR sidekick starts with no radar or the flight 1 radar.
343i would never hear the end of it if they went with AR starts lol
I can’t be the only one that enjoyed playing assault.
D dawgy wrote:
amen!
I'm super pumped to find out what the comp settings are going to be!

What day of the week does the HCS blog usually post on?
Tashi343i said today that they are announcing the settings in a "couple days". This means to me that they will announce the settings on Friday. I would check @Tashi343i on twitter on Friday.
No grenade hit markers, friendly fire on and collision on are a MUST in ranked and HCS playlists. I absolutely can't stand this whole friendly fire off and collision off crap! So dumb!

Personally, I just don't want every single ranked playlist to be HCS/MLG settings. Do what Halo 5 and past halos did where they had say ranked 4-4 Slayer with x settings and they had HCS/MLG 4-4 playlist.

I guarantee you if all ranked playlist are HCS settings, ranked playlists will not do that great. There are a lot of people out there that like to play ranked (I think population numbers in any Halo game will show this) but don't want a lot of the HCS settings for example no or limited radar. No automatics at all and so forth.

Do the right thing 343I and have ranked playlists and HCS playlists.
Do the right thing 343I and have ranked playlists and HCS playlists.
I agree 100%. We need Team Slayer and even maybe a more classic ranked BTB playlist--if there are more maps like Behemoth I could see ranked 6v6 being a thing.
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Jesus chill my guy…I am saying this because of the fact that if they decided to only put 2 BRs on each map and with all of the other changes they’ve made to the sandbox indicates they are trying to shift away from the BR meta. And I don’t see them going with a sidekick only starts because of how useless it is compared to the tier 2 power weapons so I think probably be AR sidekick starts with no radar or the flight 1 radar.
Can you teach me how to see into the future, just like you?
343i would never hear the end of it if they went with AR starts lol
People are going to complain about things no matter what they do. It is what it is.
Tresor564 wrote:
I posted something similar to reddit.
- No grenade hitmarkers
- BR starts, possibly BR / Sidekick
- No radar
- Friendly fire on
- Friendly collision on
- No equipment on spawn
- Locked in weapon locations
My guess is they won't show a new map and they'll play 3 games, one on each of the 4v4 maps we've played on.
Live Fire - Slayer
Bazaar - 3 or 5 flag
Recharge - Strongholds
My big hope is that they're playing on a newer build of the game that has fixed the clunky sniper, sluggish aim and bloom / recoil.
Possibly we might see that map that got leaked or a new one entirely who knows.

I'm hoping the 50/50 weapon spawn thing is gone in general, that friendly fire and collision are on across the board and that grenade hitmarkers would disappear. Competitive, especially with Infinite trying to feel more classic, could easily have it's main difference as precision only starts and no radar, as it stands they want to tinker with base settings too much.
Nah player collision belongs to the gulag It only exists to annoy tf out of every1 playing these days. There no long Is a need to stack players on top of each other to make high jumps with all the movement mechanics.
Exactly, this is the same kind of thing as people complaining about it being harder to no-scope with the sniper lmao... The sniper isn't a shotgun, it's a sniper. You need skill. Skill is good.
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
You realize I'm only repeating what he said on the last page, right?
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
You said starting with AR and sidekick with no radar isn't going to happen. That was an assertion of fact. I was simply saying, "teach me how to see the future, just like you".
Tresor564 wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
Tresor564 wrote:
D dawgy wrote:
You said starting with AR and sidekick with no radar isn't going to happen. That was an assertion of fact. I was simply saying, "teach me how to see the future, just like you".
Why ask me and not the other psychic? If you agree with their assertion, it would make more sense to ask them instead.

Also the sniper has random spread. That's not a skill based feature.
Lot of dreamers here, but I do hope we see the return of BR starts. The pacing is more entertaining than the 'pew pew pew pew spam' stuff, and allows more "outplay-ability"
Grenade hit markers are already confirmed to be removed from ranked play.

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/1420497879836160003?s=21
Hopefully
- precision weapon starts. [Br since idk what else can take its place in the sandbox]
- Radar with decreased range and hcs styled
-fixed weapon pads
-shield recharge rate modified
- [I'm feeling like the AI will be disabled. I'm neither saying I'm for or against this, but I feel that it will definitely be turned off for tournaments]
-fixed equipment spawns with threat detector not available
-All new map(s) shown
-new game mode shown
- player investment system displayed for ranked
Tresor564 wrote:
I posted something similar to reddit.
- No grenade hitmarkers
- BR starts, possibly BR / Sidekick
- No radar
- Friendly fire on
- Friendly collision on
- No equipment on spawn
- Locked in weapon locations
My guess is they won't show a new map and they'll play 3 games, one on each of the 4v4 maps we've played on.
Live Fire - Slayer
Bazaar - 3 or 5 flag
Recharge - Strongholds
My big hope is that they're playing on a newer build of the game that has fixed the clunky sniper, sluggish aim and bloom / recoil.
Possibly we might see that map that got leaked or a new one entirely who knows.

I'm hoping the 50/50 weapon spawn thing is gone in general, that friendly fire and collision are on across the board and that grenade hitmarkers would disappear. Competitive, especially with Infinite trying to feel more classic, could easily have it's main difference as precision only starts and no radar, as it stands they want to tinker with base settings too much.
Nah player collision belongs to the gulag It only exists to annoy tf out of every1 playing these days. There no long Is a need to stack players on top of each other to make high jumps with all the movement mechanics.
No now they can just stack inside each other instead, or phase through each other to bait and switch. That won't get abused by high level players and totally has an answer to outdo that cheese. Movement mechanics have been heavily nerfed this game, clamber isn't the save-a-jump crutch like it was in 5.
Super excited about this, br start or ar start or no weapons start let's gooooo!!! I adapt and that's what it's all about, truly waiting to see the outcome.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2