Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ranking System

OP Whimsical DE

The ranking system for Halo Infinite, should be like that of Halo 3 and Halo Reach period. Many of which are actual military ranks of the modern era, with extra juicy ones as bonuses, that make sense to Halo (something which honors Sergeant Johnson, wink*).
The ranking system for Halo Infinite, should be like that of Halo 3 and Halo Reach period. Many of which are actual military ranks of the modern era, with extra juicy ones as bonuses, that make sense to Halo (something which honors Sergeant Johnson, wink*).
I like the idea. I would love it to be like in Halo: Reach, obviously changing the ranges.
I think most people are in agreement that titles are way cooler than numbers.
I'd very much love for them to return to the Halo Reach ranking system, but with an additional skill based rank as well. For example, you could be a Captain, but with a 17 skill rating (of a maximum of, say, 50). Both would be displayed at the same time so it's not like one is hidden and needs to be searched for.
i would prefer halo 3s ranking. yes it had lots of problems. but every halo since rank meant nothing. was just a grind and winning or loosing didnt do much of anything
I agree with Halo 3 ranks , but the system for Reach was just an inevitable climb , just a representation of time played. The ranking system should , IMO , have rewards and punishments. If you win or play well you go up , if you lose or play poorly you go down , this is as it should be. What good is a ranking system that always goes up no matter how you play?
I think it should just have the same as 3 and Reach. Have your base level/rank from recruit up to inheritor or whatever you want to max it out as. Sort of as a set of milestones, unlocking new armor or skins at each rank as you progress. But then having the true rank be playlist specific. So you could get to max rank but still get paired with equally skilled players. That way you could have someone who maybe doesn't play a lot who's a staff sargent or whatever, but still be a high rank in their favorite playlist.
I really liked the Halo 3 and Reach ranks. I hated the SR Rankings in 4 and 5
Yeah, having an actual rank instead of a number just seems more satisfying.
I think it should be a combination of all of them
The range system should leave the numbering aside and be as in halo 3 and halo reach. Halo needs military ranges, from my point of view the best range system is the halo reach. I remember in halo reach that everyone was striving to become Inheritor
I agree. SR just feels bland to be honest.