[Locked] Rated T or M

OP DHG Irin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Do you think Halo Infinite should be rated M or T?
* 8 ball says * "Hard to tell, try again later."
I want it to be rated M for MC but it is probably going to be rated E for Big E himself 🤫
Spoiler:
Show
Hoping for an M rating.
Well the Flood are probably returning so I'd wager M for Mature. However, I don't see why the rating is important.
I'd say T if there is no Flood, unless it's fairly dark like halo 4 was, then that's a different story.

Oddly enough halo's always been weird with gore, even without the flood. In halo 1 gallons of blood would pour out of everyone when they were meleed.
I dont exactly hope for any rating basically. It doesnt matter to me that much.

Im just thinking that the devs shouldnt aim for any rating either.

As long as there wont be a lack of blood from when you shoot a biological enemy or the lack of splatter marks. Also if there is flood then it should be as gruesome as ever with severable limbs and such.
The game doesnt need to be insanely brutal but maybe just something that has been in Halo before. What was in something like original trilogy (just some of those, there are quite a difference for those too) should be fine.

Though the transformation event of a host body with infection form could be improved a bit given last time it seemed to skip some phases. It should still be quick but just not some puff, transformed.

Also, would it hurt to have some memorable quotes, dialogue &small battlefield chatter with some being humorous, swearing, or otherwise attempts to provocate the enemies to make them doing idiotic mistakes on their anger?

There could be profanity filter option, its not like it would be the first game to have such options as turn of blood effects or change/bleep swares.

So I have no preference over what rating there should be on the cover but what I do have is preferences of what there should be in the game that effect the rating.
I really don’t think it matters either way. There’s no way to definitely prove whether a T or an M rating is benter for sales. As for Flood, is there really any evidence of them returning beyond good ol’ wishful thinking?
I continue to question why people care so much about the rating of the game. It'll be decided by the ESRB based on where they think Halo Infinite's content falls. Thus far, I doubt we've seen enough for anyone to determine a rating.
LH Justin wrote:
However, I don't see why the rating is important.
I'm pretty sure the rating really isn't all that important, but people apparently feel the need to hate 343 for things that they aren't even really responsible for.
I think it should be M. I love my gore lol
Andycu5 wrote:
As for Flood, is there really any evidence of them returning beyond good ol’ wishful thinking?
nope
If the game if rated T its T if its M its M l, as long its story is to Halo standards of writing or cartoonish I really dont care.
Personally, I always use the rating to judge the maturity of the games story substance. I know those things aren't necessarily linked, but I do tend to find higher rated games have more fibre to the story, I think it also allows for more creative freedoms.
So that being said, I hope it's M.
Why should I care?
M, I hope. For Flood n blood.
DHG Irin wrote:
Do you think Halo Infinite should be rated M or T?
M for sure. The game should be darker in terms of game play (not darker in terms of art- we like the return of the classic art).

Flood should return and make certain situations feel like it’s a horror genre. Marines and aliens alike so be swearing a lot; in their bantering with each other and angrily when the situation calls for it. Blood and gore should be pretty high too- this would lead to a more realistic and enjoyable Halo experience.
Please let it be M. I want blood, horror, Grimey flood and marines cussing like sailors. I remember older halos how some of the flood missions were creepy and they looked so disgusting and it was awesome
I personally hope Halo goes back to being M rated.
LH Justin wrote:
Well the Flood are probably returning so I'd wager M for Mature. However, I don't see why the rating is important.
True since people would just play any game regardless of what the rating is, so it doesn't restrict anybody
tsassi wrote:
Why should I care?
You don't have to, nor am I trying to say that you should. I just want to see what people think.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4