[Locked] Rated T or M

OP DHG Irin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm hoping for more fighting alongside Marines and the "rough n tumble" Sgt. Johnson types (RIP), and some semi-foul language. That, with hopefully a bit "darker" theme and blood may warrant an M rating. I'm fine either way but I'd prefer an M.
I continue to question why people care so much about the rating of the game. It'll be decided by the ESRB based on where they think Halo Infinite's content falls. Thus far, I doubt we've seen enough for anyone to determine a rating.
LH Justin wrote:
However, I don't see why the rating is important.
I'm pretty sure the rating really isn't all that important, but people apparently feel the need to hate 343 for things that they aren't even really responsible for.
Yeah, there's plenty of thing to be mad about that aren't the rating. XD

Jokes aside, you're probably right. People get their panties in a bunch.
LH Justin wrote:
Well the Flood are probably returning so I'd wager M for Mature. However, I don't see why the rating is important.
True since people would just play any game regardless of what the rating is, so it doesn't restrict anybody
You're right. I played all the Halo games and didn't even turn 17 until the year Halo 4 came out.
Halo needs to go back to what it always was, an M rated game. Im not saying I don’t have fun with halo 5 because its not rated M, but seriously just because a game is rated M doesn’t mean kids cant get their hands on them! I started playing halo when I was 10 years old, the only M rated games parents care about not getting their kids are really gorey and violent game like GTA and Gears of War.
DHG Irin wrote:
Do you think Halo Infinite should be rated M or T?
Given that the Flood are likely to return, it’s not crazy to assume the game will be rated M, just like past games that featured the Flood. The Flood is really what tipped the scale in terms of rating because of the graphic transformations of Flood forms. It also depends on the tone of the game. Reach didn’t have the Flood but was a very ominous and tragic story, worthy of an M rating. Personally, I wish future installments would consider Halo’s dark lore (especially surrounding ONI) and make a game with an accordingly dark tone, similar to Reach’s.
DHG Irin wrote:
If they make the game as graphic as the novels it would be M / 18 and over rating. There is a lot of mature content in the books that we have never seen in the game. Brutes come to mind, ripping off arms, biting throats out and eating grunts and even each other is a thing.

There are loads of examples too, the shady things that oni can get up to could make your toes curl. I would like to see a mature Halo game, but I expect I never will. 343i have shown nothing of what Halo Infinite will be like, so we'll have to bide our time.

I want but don't expect a mature Halo.
DHG Irin wrote:
Sounds like a conversation 343i will be having with the ESRB many months from now.
An American “M” (Australian “MA 15+”) would be good. I like a bit of blood. I’m not talking DOOM levels, but some realism and brutality is nice.
If its a good game i don't care about the rating. It could be rated B for babies and id still play it if its a fun Halo game.
Whatever the past Halo games have been rated seems fitting.
Halo has always been weird with how it’s rating works. It all depends on how they execute it.
Probably T to hit a larger base and make more money.
I hope they don't take anything away or remove stuff just to achieve a T rating, I hope they just make the game they want to make and if that ends up with an M rating then so be it. Neither bother me though as long as its a great game.
I want M, gimme some goooooore
I'm hoping that it will be rated T but still blood and a little dark. Even though most people want it to be rated M and "dark" like halo 4, its not going to happen because of how many bad comments they got.
M for blood, violence, gore, language, etc. Halo CE was rated M and I still played it as a kid with no child development issues aside from a few Flood oriented nightmares. *eye twitches* soo I don't see why it shouldn't be M rated
I would love for the game to be rated M, maybe not for the rating, but for the characteristics that has always made halo rated m, you know, blood and gore was really upset when halo 5's blood was really lackluster.
LH Justin wrote:
Well the Flood are probably returning so I'd wager M for Mature. However, I don't see why the rating is important.
Halo was always a rated M game because of blood and violence, plus the Flood. Despite having a light opening, Halo has always had that ONE moment where s*** gets real dark real quick and the gravity of the situation comes down like the Master Chief in the opening of Halo 3. It hits you like a ton of armor that 'oh man, this person is DEAD and probably suffered agonizing pain for HOURS before finally passing on'. In Halo: Combat Evolved it was Captain Keyes, in Halo 2 it was the Prophet of Mercy, in Halo 3 it was Miranda Keyes and Johnson (though their deaths were rather quick, Johnson was physically tortured for probably near an Earth day by Brutes), and in Halo 4 it was Cortana who was LITERALLY dying while Chief was slowly dying on the inside because of Cortana. The rating told you some serious business was going to go down and it was probably going to tear you a part emotionally.

Halo 5: Guardians is the first T rated Halo that is part of the main storyline (Spartan Assault is likewise rated T) and honestly didn't really make me feel too much except for really bad for John. I mean, he's got a difficult choice to make and it's gonna hurt no matter what.

So, it's important because of a noticeable trend; M rated Halos had more emotional impact so far.
im sure theyll make it rated t like h5
tho id gladly be proven wrong
343 and microsoft don't choose the ratings. and hopefully they aren't trying to get either. going out of their way to get any rating would just ruin the game.
Andycu5 wrote:
I really don’t think it matters either way. There’s no way to definitely prove whether a T or an M rating is benter for sales. As for Flood, is there really any evidence of them returning beyond good ol’ wishful thinking?
depends on how the story plays out. as far as the whole flood use to be on installation 07 thing it's a possibility but I feel like the odds are low considering the unsc has already been there and may have found and disposed of what ever flood would be there. there is the possibility but no solid evidence. but if hw2 becomes connected in infinite and either we head to the ark or someone from the ark leaves then yeah there's plenty of chance considering the evidence for that is the awakening the nightmare dlc
M for flood and great scary writing!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4