[Locked] Rated T or M

OP DHG Irin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I think it should be rated so that the maximum amount of people are able to buy it and play it, the more people playing the game the better and if that's means I don't get to see a ltlitt blood I'm fine with it.
I think it should be rated so that the maximum amount of people are able to buy it and play it, the more people playing the game the better and if that's means I don't get to see a ltlitt blood I'm fine with it.
As I stated before, I want a mature Halo. I read the books, and I would like the games to reflect the same way. If it's done well it will sell, look at God of War, RDR2, Witcher 3, all are mature games that have sold millions, a lower rating with less blood will not guarantee sales. If it's good it will sell, regardless of the rating.
LH Justin wrote:
Well the Flood are probably returning so I'd wager M for Mature. However, I don't see why the rating is important.
Halo was always a rated M game because of blood and violence, plus the Flood. Despite having a light opening, Halo has always had that ONE moment where s*** gets real dark real quick and the gravity of the situation comes down like the Master Chief in the opening of Halo 3. It hits you like a ton of armor that 'oh man, this person is DEAD and probably suffered agonizing pain for HOURS before finally passing on'. In Halo: Combat Evolved it was Captain Keyes, in Halo 2 it was the Prophet of Mercy, in Halo 3 it was Miranda Keyes and Johnson (though their deaths were rather quick, Johnson was physically tortured for probably near an Earth day by Brutes), and in Halo 4 it was Cortana who was LITERALLY dying while Chief was slowly dying on the inside because of Cortana. The rating told you some serious business was going to go down and it was probably going to tear you a part emotionally.

None of that has anything to do with "Blood and Violence", especially since 2 of your examples are merely implied rather than shown.

I mean, in Halo 5 you see Jul get killed onscreen, so if just death fulfils it, then Halo 5 satisfy it too.

Also, Halo 5 right now is currently rated for Blood and Violence. It's rated for more than Halo 3 is.

Pretty sure someone once said in the new Spiderman game, someone commits suicide on screen and it still gets away with a T rating.

People look way into this rating than necessary, until they find out that every Halo game was PEGI 16.
LH Justin wrote:
Well the Flood are probably returning so I'd wager M for Mature. However, I don't see why the rating is important.
Halo was always a rated M game because of blood and violence, plus the Flood. Despite having a light opening, Halo has always had that ONE moment where s*** gets real dark real quick and the gravity of the situation comes down like the Master Chief in the opening of Halo 3. It hits you like a ton of armor that 'oh man, this person is DEAD and probably suffered agonizing pain for HOURS before finally passing on'. In Halo: Combat Evolved it was Captain Keyes, in Halo 2 it was the Prophet of Mercy, in Halo 3 it was Miranda Keyes and Johnson (though their deaths were rather quick, Johnson was physically tortured for probably near an Earth day by Brutes), and in Halo 4 it was Cortana who was LITERALLY dying while Chief was slowly dying on the inside because of Cortana. The rating told you some serious business was going to go down and it was probably going to tear you a part emotionally.

None of that has anything to do with "Blood and Violence", especially since 2 of your examples are merely implied rather than shown.

I mean, in Halo 5 you see Jul get killed onscreen, so if just death fulfils it, then Halo 5 satisfy it too.

Also, Halo 5 right now is currently rated for Blood and Violence. It's rated for more than Halo 3 is.

Pretty sure someone once said in the new Spiderman game, someone commits suicide on screen and it still gets away with a T rating.

People look way into this rating than necessary, until they find out that every Halo game was PEGI 16.
In Halo 5, blood only appears in cutscenes. I don't recall ever seeing those left over blood splots on the ground after killing an enemy that bleeds. It's very rare you see ANY blood in Halo 5. I don't recall saying that blood and violence were the reasons behind the flow of the story and how well it seems to portray the game. They were two different sentences even; perhaps I should have put them in two different paragraphs?

Also, you're comparing Halo to a Spiderman game; Spiderman is known for NOT killing his enemies. The Master Chief literally mows down hundreds of foes in Halo every game. If you watch JackSepticEye play it (or anyone like him) you'll notice how he even finds it hilarious they hold to the lore that Spiderman just DOES NOT kill anyone as the game goes out of its way to web enemies that would have fallen to their death. There's a huge difference between karate kicking some minion into submission and shooting a giant space gorilla through the head. Just because it says 'violence' doesn't mean it accounts for all violence; the level of violence can vary. It can be mild violence or major violence. A war against a Genocidal faction of a space cult isn't exactly 'mild' in the violence scale.
LH Justin wrote:

In Halo 5, blood only appears in cutscenes. I don't recall ever seeing those left over blood splots on the ground after killing an enemy that bleeds. It's very rare you see ANY blood in Halo 5. I don't recall saying that blood and violence were the reasons behind the flow of the story and how well it seems to portray the game. They were two different sentences even; perhaps I should have put them in two different paragraphs?

Also, you're comparing Halo to a Spiderman game; Spiderman is known for NOT killing his enemies. The Master Chief literally mows down hundreds of foes in Halo every game. If you watch JackSepticEye play it (or anyone like him) you'll notice how he even finds it hilarious they hold to the lore that Spiderman just DOES NOT kill anyone as the game goes out of its way to web enemies that would have fallen to their death. There's a huge difference between karate kicking some minion into submission and shooting a giant space gorilla through the head. Just because it says 'violence' doesn't mean it accounts for all violence; the level of violence can vary. It can be mild violence or major violence. A war against a Genocidal faction of a space cult isn't exactly 'mild' in the violence scale.
There is blood in Halo 5's Campaign.If anything, before Halo 5, Halo 3 was the one with the least amount of blood.

As far as violence goes, the ESRB also notes the difference between mild/cartoon violence and actual violence. Additionally, they also give a synopsis behind their rating. Halo 4 almost solely made the M rating due to the closeup of Dr. Tillson getting composed layer by layer. Beyond that, the synopsis for Halo 4 and Halo 5 is almost identical.

And again, PEGI 16. A different rating company doesn't even find the Halo series to be considered 18+, but to my knowledge the ESRB doesn't have such a denotation, and that line is more lax.
LH Justin wrote:

There is blood in Halo 5's Campaign.If anything, before Halo 5, Halo 3 was the one with the least amount of blood.

As far as violence goes, the ESRB also notes the difference between mild/cartoon violence and actual violence. Additionally, they also give a synopsis behind their rating. Halo 4 almost solely made the M rating due to the closeup of Dr. Tillson getting composed layer by layer. Beyond that, the synopsis for Halo 4 and Halo 5 is almost identical.

And again, PEGI 16. A different rating company doesn't even find the Halo series to be considered 18+, but to my knowledge the ESRB doesn't have such a denotation, and that line is more lax.
Fair enough; the rating choice could be set for any various reasoning. That however doesn't change the fact that, for whatever reason is behind it; rated M Halo games seem to have just been better. I question what kind of chemistry was in the rated M games that the rated T ones just seem to lack.
It should be M rated. I want blood back. I want swearing, sassy Marines back.
Im hoping it has a M rating. A Halo T rating would be like going to the movies and watching a PG-13 horror movie. No satisfaction guaranteed.
Possibly but my guess M
M for Mature. Let's get them flood back.
Let’s make the flood 20x scarier
Let’s make the flood 20x scarier
Haha I'm down.
It's likely going to have T rating like H5.
DHG Irin wrote:
Do you think Halo Infinite should be rated M or T?
Please be M...
I want the game to be rated C. Every Halo fan would want Master Chief teaching the ABC's to Spartan Locke. It could be as good as such a classic as Kinect Sesame Street TV.

Perhaps when the Flood arrive our objective would be to count the number of flood infection forms infecting some helpless UNSC marines.

Spoiler:
Show
Depends. If there's Flood in it, definitive M. But it ultimately comes down to presentation and some definitions. Halo CE had an M rating because of the crazy blood levels and Flood amputation. Halo 2 had it's rating because of Flood amputation too. Halo 3 had it purely because of the Flood too. In fact, if you remove the Flood from Halo 2 and 3, then the former, latter and ODST would be rated T. Halo Reach had it likely because of the dark atmosphere. As you progress through the game, it will start to feel quite hopeless and you even get to see characters die (ironically) brutally, whether by headshot or impalement. Halo 4 had it likely because of the composer scene, that feature of the bodies disintegrating and the fact that there's skeleton models on the files.
Halo 5 doesn't have any of these, and neither does Halo Wars 2. However, I think I can say that HW2 slapped that T rating HARD when ATN dropped.
If the game becomes quite hopeless (something I don't expect, tbh), or simply presents the Flood, I can say for sure that it will receive an M rating.
I'm hoping for M. And like a very hard and solid M.
I really am hoping for an M rating. I honestly can't believe how much they messed up the CE anniversary flood levels. I truly hope they pay attention to the small details that matter so much to creating an experience. Leaving out/lessening blood or lighting up an area too much can severely ruin a mood. I think they should try to stay with a darker overall theme in H6 when necessary to the story and not skimp on that stuff to get a T rating.
Rated M,something like Halo CE or Halo Reach.
I saw a comment from Frankie that there was no push for a specific rating (T or M) but I noticed that a lot of the Halo toys are marketed with the Halo Wars branding, which is T. That makes a lot of sense because it seems weird to market toward kids with an M rate game.

Anyway I hope they just keep the games at T and still have grown up story themes in the Campaign. They don't need an M rating in order to make people think about some things and have some feels.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4