Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Rated Teen for Blood, Mild Language, and Violence

OP HopefulToad1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-infinite-campaign/9NP1P1WFS0LB

That's the exact same rating and description that Halo 5 got.

Flood haters rejoice!
Being rated T does not mean no flood. Heck, Ce-3 shouldnt have been M and probably would not be M by todays standards.
Being rated T does not mean no flood. Heck, Ce-3 shouldnt have been M and probably would not be M by todays standards.
Well, it does at least mean no gorey Flood. Halo 1-3 don't deserve an M rating in the absence of the Flood. but the Flood as presented in those games definitely goes well beyond the limits of a T rating. The Flood forms, when examined up close and especially after they've been shot and broken apart, are very gruesome. Reach and Halo 4, though, could have gotten away with a T rating. They probably were only rated M because of the precedent set by the other games. And no, I don't think the Composer scene in Halo 4 is graphic enough to have pushed it to an M rating.

If the Flood exists in this game, expect people to loudly complain when their appearance is less grotesque and they don't break apart into pieces upon being shot. I personally won't be missing those aspects at all, and I'm happy the game is rated T.
Well, it does at least mean no gorey Flood. Halo 1-3 don't deserve an M rating in the absence of the Flood. but the Flood as presented in those games definitely goes well beyond the limits of a T rating. The Flood forms, when examined up close and especially after they've been shot and broken apart, are very gruesome. Reach and Halo 4, though, could have gotten away with a T rating. They probably were only rated M because of the precedent set by the other games. And no, I don't think the Composer scene in Halo 4 is graphic enough to have pushed it to an M rating.

If the Flood exists in this game, expect people to loudly complain when their appearance is less grotesque and they don't break apart into pieces upon being shot. I personally won't be missing those aspects at all, and I'm happy the game is rated T.
flood were never that gorey. At most it was body horror which even then was pretty tame when it came to the human models. If infinite were to follow the floods same designs principles of the OG games, I would not consider it worthy of an M rating. You also have to consider how leniant any rating system is when it comes to violence against nonhuman enemies. Given Halo never involves killing other humans, I would not expect it to ever be rated M again.
I hope for so much gore as it is possible to be in the game.
doesn't really mean much tbh. over here in the uk for example halo wars 2 flood dlc is a 16 rating same as halo infinite. also rating reviews and terms get updated every year so what is violent one year might not be so much the next.
I really want the blood to return.
It just feels satisfying to leave an area with alien blood all over the walls and floors.

Halo CE-3 would be T by todays standards
You’re right, I would absolutely be upset if they didn’t break apart into pieces. It’s one of the aspects that makes them interesting, and more importantly, different to fight from all the other enemies. If you don’t destroy the bodies, an infection form can come along and reanimate them forcing you to fight them all over again. It adds a whole other level of gameplay to the mechanics. Removing that feature would just make them feel more like everything else you fight.
You can still have flood with T rating. It will just come down to how you animate them falling apart.

flood were never that gorey. At most it was body horror which even then was pretty tame when it came to the human models. If infinite were to follow the floods same designs principles of the OG games, I would not consider it worthy of an M rating. You also have to consider how leniant any rating system is when it comes to violence against nonhuman enemies. Given Halo never involves killing other humans, I would not expect it to ever be rated M again.
You can blow chunks of arms, legs, and heads off of forms that were once human. That's a little too violent for a T-rated game.

XbninjaXIV wrote:

Halo CE-3 would be T by todays standards
I don't think so, not with the Flood. Dismemberment is only allowed in T-rated games if it's bloodless, like in Jedi Fallen Order.

You’re right, I would absolutely be upset if they didn’t break apart into pieces. It’s one of the aspects that makes them interesting, and more importantly, different to fight from all the other enemies. If you don’t destroy the bodies, an infection form can come along and reanimate them forcing you to fight them all over again. It adds a whole other level of gameplay to the mechanics. Removing that feature would just make them feel more like everything else you fight.
And that's why I don't think the Flood will be present as enemies in the game. I'm sure they know there would be a backlash over the Flood just keeling over dead like every other enemy.

You can still have flood with T rating. It will just come down to how you animate them falling apart.
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but if it is in the game, it certainly won't be as gruesome as in previous games.
I always felt flood would come in a future infinite campaign, not the base game. Base game already has to focus on the banished as well as the created threat, throwing flood in the mix might have been a bit much.

As for the rating itself, infinite is rated T for the same reasons reach was rated M (Blood, Violence). The criteria is a bit more loose these days imo, more is acceptable for T. That's how I see it at least.
una yp wrote:
doesn't really mean much tbh. over here in the uk for example halo wars 2 flood dlc is a 16 rating same as halo infinite. also rating reviews and terms get updated every year so what is violent one year might not be so much the next.
I agree with you, but someone could argue that the reason halo wars 2 had flood and was rated T was because it wasn't first person flood and they were tiny on the screen. I will counter that argument by saying the cutscenes with flood were as grusome as Halo 3 flood, soo....
And that's why I don't think the Flood will be present as enemies in the game. I'm sure they know there would be a backlash over the Flood just keeling over dead like every other enemy.
That would be absolutely insane to me if they chose Zeta halo, a ring known for its significance with the flood, as the setting for Infinite with zero intention of bringing the flood in at some point.
I hope for so much gore as it is possible to be in the game.
I'm totally ok as long as it's not extreme or crazy.
i just want flood back. the true big bad of halo is long missed.
I remember my older brother saying "this is why this game is rated M" when we were beating dead bodies to make bigger pools of blood
ShotAces wrote:
una yp wrote:
I agree with you, but someone could argue that the reason halo wars 2 had flood and was rated T was because it wasn't first person flood and they were tiny on the screen. I will counter that argument by saying the cutscenes with flood were as grusome as Halo 3 flood, soo....
The Flood in Halo Wars 2 was added in a DLC after the ESRB had already rated the game. It's possible that, had those cutscenes been in the base game when it was rated, the ESRB might have tried to give the game an M. Another factor is that the Flood featured in the Blur cutscenes don't look at all human, so it's less disturbing than the human Flood forms.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/halo-infinite-campaign/9NP1P1WFS0LB

That's the exact same rating and description that Halo 5 got.

Flood haters rejoice!
Damm!

Terrible news for this game. It feels like they are trying to play it super safe and will end up with a very boring campaign, then add the flood as some half -Yoinked!- DLC eventually. I wish they could just make the best campaign possible then worry about who will buy it later on.
Yet there is no blood staining. Sad. Even Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 had this, it was rated T...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2