1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In the hope trailer it looks like Chief is holding a Reach AR. Personally I didn’t like the design and always said to myself this was a downgrade of the AR because Reach happened before HCE and so on. If Chief is getting downgraded in armor it could make sense he is getting downgraded in weapons too. Maybe we’ll see HCE weapons return too.

Do you like the idea of the Reach AR to be the main weapon in Infinite?
I didn't really like the Reach AR either.
I'm guessing his armour isn't an older model but a gen 3 suit.
I have to agree in dislike of the Halo Reach type assault rifle, the simple, smoother design looks far more fitting as mass produced weapons for the infantry when compared to the overdetailed version from Halo Reach.
I actually liked the Reach AR quite a bit. It reminded me of my favourite AR, the classic Bungie-era MA5B, except that it had a lot more pieces to it (arguably a little too much, like everything in Reach - I really don't like the rounded Unggoy pack - It should be pointy and smooth! But I digress.) I noticed in the trailer, the colouring of the AR was not the same as Reach's. This can be confirmed by the concept art for the Control Room part. I doubt it's the final model. I just hope we don't have to see the MA5D for a fourth time (after Halo 4, 2 Anniversary and 5). I'm getting a little tired of it. Give us something less beefy and with the classic diamond-shaped ammo counter.
Eh, the Reach AR has grown on me over time, the only thing that really bothers me about it is the awful yellow stripe. I also wouldn't mind seeing this concept where someone gave the Reach AR the Halo 5 AR paint job and I think it makes it look quite nice.
Lanzerat wrote:
In the hope trailer it looks like Chief is holding a Reach AR. Personally I didn’t like the design and always said to myself this was a downgrade of the AR because Reach happened before HCE and so on. If Chief is getting downgraded in armor it could make sense he is getting downgraded in weapons too. Maybe we’ll see HCE weapons return too.

Do you like the idea of the Reach AR to be the main weapon in Infinite?
1. The Reach AR makes sense to have because it has the ammo counter detachable so you can put other stuff on it.
2. Chief’s armor in Infinite is Gen 3 and as such is new armor, and the most advanced armor so far.
Not much of a fan of the Halo Reach AR. The back part of the Infinite one is very similar to the MA5D model and it is all black which is great, but the detachable ammo counter and the shape of the top of the weapon just kills the design for me. I also would like to see the stripe Halo 5 model has, looks coll. 343 could have took inspiration from all other Assault Rifle versions, but they decided to use the worst and most different design to carry over to the game, bad choice.
Not a big fan of the AR, rather have a BR. But well see what happens in Halo Infinite.
The Reach AR is just fine. All the ARs are fine.
Except chief armor is not a downgrade *facepalm*
Back to original statement. The Reach AR is fine, from what I saw and closely looked at, it was a mixture of Reach and 5 AR. Being it had the Reach style top/ammo counter and Halo 5 bottom - stock
As other people have said. The reach AR made sense. Especially to me. Detachable Ammo counter and Battery (horizontal grip) that is able to be quickly released.

It looks like it could be reconfigured to be lightweight or extra tactical depending on the user. It didn't have a "One size fits all" approach to it.

I can imagine the bulkiness of the AR can be hard for marines to deal with, the so the stripped approach of the Assault rifle intrigued me. It can double up as carbine!

Besides, isn't the reach AR the naval variant?

Maybe you can have the option to choose a MA5D (albeit I don't like the steampunk inspired design of it) or a MA37 for multiplayer? Maybe there will be differences?
As other people have said. The reach AR made sense. Especially to me. Detachable Ammo counter and Battery (horizontal grip) that is able to be quickly released.

It looks like it could be reconfigured to be lightweight or extra tactical depending on the user. It didn't have a "One size fits all" approach to it.

I can imagine the bulkiness of the AR can be hard for marines to deal with, the so the stripped approach of the Assault rifle intrigued me. It can double up as carbine!

Maybe you can have the option to choose a MA5D (albeit I don't like the steampunk inspired design of it) or a MA37 for multiplayer? Maybe there will be differences?
That is what I hope, they combine all eras together, so you can use different versions of the same weapon. In the announcement trailer we see marines using the new Battle Rifle model and I think they will probably have the Halo 2 BR back as well. I would like to see the MA5D back it is the boldest and the definitive version of the Assault Rifle for me alongside the MA37 which is not my favorite AR, but if 343 put everything in the game no one would complain.
I guarantee that this isn't any "old" weaponry per se. If he is outfitted with newer armor, it should be safe to say this may be an unseen weapon variant in the MA5 series.
Am I the only one who thought that it could be the MA5K?
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Am I the only one who thought that it could be the MA5K?
Probably. That weapon isn't the MA5K. The MA5K is much more compact and stout in its appearance, while this weapon is basically the MA37 with a darker paint job and no yellow stripe... appearance-wise.

Also, while rifle certainly has the same profile as the MA37 from Reach, it probably will have a different designation. It's also possible that weapon could simply be a placeholder until the final game is released, and it's simply meant to relay to the fanbase and audiences that the game will still feature an assault rifle of some kind.
I would be a bit disappointed if it did return. I always thought the MA37 looked a bit overdesigned with its jaggy edges. It suffers from the same problems of Halo 4 and Halo 5's armour designs. But ironically enough, I actually thought Halo 4's assault Rifle had the best design in the series. One thing Halo 4 and Halo 5 didn't mess up on was the AR designs.
I would be a bit disappointed if it did return. I always thought the MA37 looked a bit overdesigned with its jaggy edges. It suffers from the same problems of Halo 4 and Halo 5's armour designs. But ironically enough, I actually thought Halo 4's assault Rifle had the best design in the series. One thing Halo 4 and Halo 5 didn't mess up on was the AR designs.
100% agree about the Halo 4 and Halo 5 assault rifles. 343 did a good job of staying true to the original design while adding more detail. The model also looks great with the Halo 3 AR color scheme in H2A multiplayer.
Yes they did a good job on the AR in H4 and H5. My personal favorite is the HCE AR. It’s just a beast and the sounds of it are nice.

That is what I hope, they combine all eras together, so you can use different versions of the same weapon. In the announcement trailer we see marines using the new Battle Rifle model and I think they will probably have the Halo 2 BR back as well. I would like to see the MA5D back it is the boldest and the definitive version of the Assault Rifle for me alongside the MA37 which is not my favorite AR, but if 343 put everything in the game no one would complain.
Would love that! One of my top wishes for Infinite is to play on an up-to-date game with HCE, H2, H3, Reach & H4 weaponry.
Like I don’t know why they just gave us the sticky det only in H4 for just to throw it away.
The HCE guns are really overpowered and fun to use.
Lanzerat wrote:

Would love that! One of my top wishes for Infinite is to play on an up-to-date game with HCE, H2, H3, Reach & H4 weaponry.
Like I don’t know why they just gave us the sticky det only in H4 for just to throw it away.
The HCE guns are really overpowered and fun to use.
That would be interesting, but that is also a lot to do. The HCE weapons were pretty good like the needled being able to track even if the reticle isn’t red as it just has to be aimed in the guy’s direction, but the thing that sucked was the Fuel Rod Gun and the Energy Sword destroying themselves when their user was killed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2