1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Master chief doesn't wear a downgrade armor because his armor is GEN III. Reach AR is beautiful in my opinion (everything about reach is beautiful). I hope shotgun returns to reach's, with red lights (that are badass)
One of the reasons I like the MA37 is its shorter, more carbine like size. Where the MA5B and 'D' variants were longer barreled, and heavier profiled, the MA37 looks shorter, and more maneuverable in CQB applications; more akin to the current day M16A4( Marine issued) and M4A1(Army issued).
Whether intentional or not, it is fitting when discussing both weapon platforms in regards to the MA5 and MA3.
Maybe they can make use of the MA5B of Halo: CE, but upgraded with more accuracy, damage and the new mechanics that Infinite is possibly going to bring. Or they can bring the Pre-Xbox Halo AR (not sure what model it is), that had 42 rounds in mag, a grenade launcher instead of common frags., and the Halo CE desing but more detailed and fitting to the art style of Halo Infinite, which is a combination of new and old designs
SMOK69KMK wrote:
Am I the only one who thought that it could be the MA5K?
Probably. That weapon isn't the MA5K. The MA5K is much more compact and stout in its appearance, while this weapon is basically the MA37 with a darker paint job and no yellow stripe... appearance-wise.

Also, while rifle certainly has the same profile as the MA37 from Reach, it probably will have a different designation. It's also possible that weapon could simply be a placeholder until the final game is released, and it's simply meant to relay to the fanbase and audiences that the game will still feature an assault rifle of some kind.
Bassicaly, the MA5K is a modernized M16, because it doesnt has the bullpup frame from the standar UNSC rifles, and it was only given to the Spartan III´s when the program started. There, the Noble Team was an exception, because they had the Standar Marines Armament and the Military AR (MA37).
Personally, always liked the Halo: Reach AR. Major part of it is my bias towards the game since it was the first Halo I really got into, then going to play the rest. Nonetheless, the Reach AR was a very odd pick in terms of actual lore. To pick the design of a weapon that first appeared at one of the earlier events in the Human-Covenant War(in terms of the games) was received a mixed bag. As a design choice I don't mind it, though in a lore aspect, maybe they'd write it off as an upgrading of retro tech. Or it could also simply be an upgrade with an older look, with the UNSC and the people who manufacture it's gear leaning towards an older style.

Even so, its an interesting direction. I'm curious what else is going to change with it.
..lets just hope that the designs of some traditional guns gets a change as well. Not admittedly a fan of the first rocket launcher Halo 5 had to offer. Though they did add the SPNKr, I would definitely prefer just the SPNKr.
i honestly think if they make the halo AR for this game great looking then its going to be fine. We haven't seen the finished product so dunno as of right now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2