Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Recommended specs

OP fidothegran

I know the official specs haven't been released yet, but this being a next-gen game do you think I will be able to meet recommended specs on PC?

GPU: RX 5700 XT

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

RAM: 32GB

Only have regular HDD, don't know whether that will be a problem
Depends on the resolution you're trying to run it at. Those are some pretty good specs, upper middle tier in the PC space right now. I'd imagine it would run Infinite at 1080p with ease at a really good frame rate and possibly 1440p at 60fps, but 4k is where it would struggle a little bit if I were to guess. Still playable, but just at a lower frame rate.

Your HDD will make the loading times longer. I'd suggest upgrading to a SATA SSD. Prices are a little bit inflated due to the state we're in, but that would help tremendously with loading times and the overall snappiness of your PC. If you can afford it get a NVMe drive. Those plug directly into your motherboard with speeds 4x of just a regular SATA SSD. Just make sure your motherboard supports it and what kind it supports.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
Depends on the resolution you're trying to run it at.
^ This ^

If your concern is simply, "Will the game run?" You're good bro.

The HDD is a problem I'm dealing with as well. I love having one because the price per storage value is great, and my SSD's tend to fill up super quick with all these 100GB games. I highly recommend getting an SSD at some point though. It has good value in it's own right, and with the way these next gen consoles are being built they may become a new standard sooner rather than later.

Also like the gentleman above me said, the faster the better. You want to buy hardware that gives you the best potential long term value, and I have a feeling that NVMe's are just that.

And much like he said as well, my guess is that 4k would be a hard no, 1440p should be viable, and you'll crush it at 1080p. This is just a guess at this point however, so dont take this as a guarantee.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
Depends on the resolution you're trying to run it at.
^ This ^

If your concern is simply, "Will the game run?" You're good bro.

The HDD is a problem I'm dealing with as well. I love having one because the price per storage value is great, and my SSD's tend to fill up super quick with all these 100GB games. I highly recommend getting an SSD at some point though. It has good value in it's own right, and with the way these next gen consoles are being built they may become a new standard sooner rather than later.

Also like the gentleman above me said, the faster the better. You want to buy hardware that gives you the best potential long term value, and I have a feeling that NVMe's are just that.

And much like he said as well, my guess is that 4k would be a hard no, 1440p should be viable, and you'll crush it at 1080p. This is just a guess at this point however, so dont take this as a guarantee.
Are you sure? This is a next gen game, and thus will have higher required specs that anything coming out now. The closest we have to an idea of what next-gen recommended specs will be is the UE5 demo, which would run on an RTX 2070, roughly equal to a 5700 XT (though no raytracing on AMD, don't think Infinite wll have it). If we look at the specs for cross-gen games before, we see that the recommended requirements are about the same as the newer consoles it will run on. Minimum was what would be considered recommended specs a few years earlier. If I had to guess, the system requirements for Infinite and other cross-gen games would be something like this:

MINIMUM (30fps, low, 720p):
GPU: GTX 970 or R9 290 with 4GB VRAM
CPU: i5-6600K or R3 1300X
RAM: 8GB
DirectX: 12
SATA SSD (can't guess on space requirements right now)

RECOMMENDED (60fps, ultra, 1080p)
GPU: RTX 2070 or RX 5700 XT with 8GB VRAM
CPU: i7-8700K or Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM: 16GB
DirectX: 12
NVMe SSD
It's a cross gen game and we still don't know the differences between the Xone and the XS versions. If the difference is solely framrate and assets resolution, then you're good to go, and not just Hi!

Remember, we're talking about the same architecture betweenoold and new gen here. Compatibility and assets scaling is much more straight forward than you might think in this cases! So if a game ain't pushing for something extremely specific that only a SSD or a last gen i9 CPU upwards can handle (doubtful in most cases I would say), than your rig can handle it mate. Hi specifically? Xone fat runs it and so does your PC!
You'll be fine. On higher resolutions, you might see some FPS dips when using anniversary graphics though.
You'll be fine. On higher resolutions, you might see some FPS dips when using anniversary graphics though.
Lol infinite annniversary, are you from 2030 or something?
Raytracing is the big question hardware wise, we know it can be extremely taxing - but I have no doubt that you could turn Raytracing features off in the settings and get a very good experience if you had to. Like with RT on it will look insane but with them off it will still look better than most games.

I reckon at 1080p your rig will run Infinite on Ultra very smoothly.
Lol infinite annniversary, are you from 2030 or something?
oops, I thought this was about mcc.
XSX MP Arena is 4K120, MP BTB and Campaign 4K60.

X1S is only 720p30 one or two months ago, hope they will optimize it to 720p60 at least.
<blockquote class="box-quote" data-username="Thorulfr" data-postid="8">
<p>Raytracing is the big question hardware wise, we know it can be extremely taxing - but I have no doubt that you could turn Raytracing features off in the settings and get a very good experience if you had to. Like with RT on it will look insane but with them off it will still look better than most games.<br /><br />I reckon at 1080p your rig will run Infinite on Ultra ver</p>
</blockquote>

Might not have raytracing.