Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

RELEASE SOME HALO INFINITE TEASER BEFORE DEC 3

OP SurizX

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We want to see more Slipspace!!!
We will get it when its ready so demanding it is kind of pointless.
Game Awards and E3 are right around the corner. If we don't see anything at the GA I'd imagine we'll get another trailer or more info at E3.
We Halo fans are a needy bunch lol. We get news that Reach is dropping in a couple days and all of us immediately start demanding info on Infinite. Not poking fun at all OP, because I'm guilty of the same thing. But we have a release window for Infinite, so rest assured that something is coming, and probably soon. We just don't know when that is. So as always, patience is a virtue.
I'm hoping for something at the game awards
Maybe as a Christmas surprise they will drop a beta for a few weeks to try out.
December / January was when halo 5 had its beta. Granted they announced it long before hand. But I’d rather not rush 343. I’ll let them do all the polishing they need for a quality halo
There is a slim chance we'll see something at the Game Awards in a few weeks.

If not, it's almost certain that the multiplayer beta will be sometime in the March-April time frame considering we haven't heard anything about it yet.

Halo 5's multiplayer was universally considered the strongest part of that game and I'd think that 343 would want to replicate that success with another beta quite a ways before launch.
I will be shocked if we see anything significant before E3. Despite what Sony thinks, E3 is still super massive and it's not just video game outlets that cover it either, people forget this. E3 gets huge coverage, nothing else really gets that kind of media attention from multiple outlets save when Apple has there show for their products, so I highly doubt Microsoft wants to show its flagship game, for it's next generation system anywhere else but there. They want to get maximum exposure and E3 is still it.

We might get a couple art level design pieces for Christmas or something but that will be about it. Waiting sucks, but they do say good things come to those that wait 😉
I will be shocked if we see anything significant before E3. Despite what Sony thinks, E3 is still super massive and it's not just video game outlets that cover it either, people forget this. E3 gets huge coverage, nothing else really gets that kind of media attention from multiple outlets save when Apple has there show for their products, so I highly doubt Microsoft wants to show its flagship game, for it's next generation system anywhere else but there. They want to get maximum exposure and E3 is still it.

We might get a couple art level design pieces for Christmas or something but that will be about it. Waiting sucks, but they do say good things come to those that wait 😉
I’ve seen a lot of people on here make this argument, but it simply doesn’t make sense to me. I agree that they will want to have a big show at E3 to get maximum exposure but that doesn’t mean they can’t show ANYTHING before then ya know? They can totally show off their flagship game before E3, and then show it off even more there as well.

If they don’t show off Infinite before E3 them that basically guarantees that the beta will be almost useless, because it’ll be too late for them to make any last minute major changes if the multiplayer is received poorly. They will only be able to make smaller changes like bug fixes and what not. That’s just my take, but of course like always anything can happen!

Im hoping for a beta trailer soon within the next few months, and the beta being open sometime In the spring at the very latest. Maybe they will wait for E3 for more story related reveals and trailers?
“The most cutting edge engine on the planet.” Claims a Slipspace Engine engineer at 343.
I think it's optimistic to expect we see anything that really matters until E3 2020. It'll possibly get an offhanded mention at the Game Awards. Maybe even a "sneak peek," although I wouldn't put one there if I were 343, since it won't be enough to sate people's curiosity and will likely result in a more rather than less demanding fanbase. We also live in a hypersaturated news cycle age, and fluffy but worthless "special looks," have become a dime a dozen, and transparently vapid to many of us jaded longtimers. I'd be more annoyed than anything if we get a "tech demo" that shows us something large and unfinished or a cinematic clip that comes in under 30 seconds and provides almost no context whatsoever.

I think folks expecting the beta earlier than June of 2020 are also hoping a little high. I'll be happy if I'm wrong on this, but I expect they're going to make the Infinite beta more about load testing the XBL infrastructure than about redefining the game based on player feedback. If that's the case, then dropping the beta aboht six months prior to launch would do the trick.
I think it's optimistic to expect we see anything that really matters until E3 2020. It'll possibly get an offhanded mention at the Game Awards. Maybe even a "sneak peek," although I wouldn't put one there if I were 343, since it won't be enough to sate people's curiosity and will likely result in a more rather than less demanding fanbase. We also live in a hypersaturated news cycle age, and fluffy but worthless "special looks," have become a dime a dozen, and transparently vapid to many of us jaded longtimers. I'd be more annoyed than anything if we get a "tech demo" that shows us something large and unfinished or a cinematic clip that comes in under 30 seconds and provides almost no context whatsoever.

I think folks expecting the beta earlier than June of 2020 are also hoping a little high. I'll be happy if I'm wrong on this, but I expect they're going to make the Infinite beta more about load testing the XBL infrastructure than about redefining the game based on player feedback. If that's the case, then dropping the beta aboht six months prior to launch would do the trick.
Agree about the assumption that no official content will be released before E3 2020. But I'd be lying if I said I would not want a 30 second trailer with no context. Halo Infinite is so quiet that sometimes I even forget there is a new Halo game releasing in a year or so. Anything small just to keep the hype going would be great. The E3 trailer was great, I wish the would keep giving us H:I 'crumbs' periodically.
I simply wouldn't understand 343 opting for a standard network stress-test beta a few months before release with Infinite. The multiplayer was universally considered the highlight of Halo 5 (notwithstanding the few people who are mad it wasn't a clone of Halo 2 mechanically) and the early beta held in January 2015 unquestionably helped.

343 NEEDS for Infinite to be a success. At the risk of sounding hyperbolic, Infinite is the most important game in the history of the Xbox brand because it's trying to accomplish three things:
1. Be the AAA system seller that spurs early adoption of Microsoft's new console.
2. Help Microsoft recover after the thorough thrashing they received from Sony this generation (especially in light of the very strong performance of the Xbox 360).
3. Return Halo to the forefront of the FPS conversation. There was a time when Halo was synonymous with "FPS" and "Esports", but it's not 2007 anymore.

A beta which allows for substantive community feedback AND time for 343 implement said feedback would be a good step. (Well, at least I think so...I'm not a developer so what do I know lol)
I think it depends if 343 sticks to a similar multiplayer to halo 5 than I would say it would come after e3 because h5 multiplayer was a success and they wouldn't have to change much after the beta maybe tweak damage of spartan charge or something like that. But if 343 changes the multiplayer from halo 5 significantly I would bet that a beta would come in late spring so we can give feedback on major changes, and at that point 343 could still change things more with those extra 3-4 months
Not arguing with any of your points, just expressing what I believe is going to occur. Again, happy to be proven wrong by the course of events on this. Just calling it how I see it at this point in time.
shawnk9512 wrote:

I’ve seen a lot of people on here make this argument, but it simply doesn’t make sense to me. I agree that they will want to have a big show at E3 to get maximum exposure but that doesn’t mean they can’t show ANYTHING before then ya know? They can totally show off their flagship game before E3, and then show it off even more there as well.

If they don’t show off Infinite before E3 them that basically guarantees that the beta will be almost useless, because it’ll be too late for them to make any last minute major changes if the multiplayer is received poorly. They will only be able to make smaller changes like bug fixes and what not. That’s just my take, but of course like always anything can happen!

Im hoping for a beta trailer soon within the next few months, and the beta being open sometime In the spring at the very latest. Maybe they will wait for E3 for more story related reveals and trailers?
With Reach releasing today I would think 343 is going to be pushing sales for MCC going into the holiday season. I would be very surprised if they announced any kind of beta or put out a teaser for Infinite at this point because they don't want to take any attention away from MCC leading up to the holidays.
shawnk9512 wrote:

With Reach releasing today I would think 343 is going to be pushing sales for MCC going into the holiday season. I would be very surprised if they announced any kind of beta or put out a teaser for Infinite at this point because they don't want to take any attention away from MCC leading up to the holidays.
There’s a lot of time between the holiday season and E3 though. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to hope for some sort of trailer or decent info within the next few months as I said. They can advertise the crap out of MCC for the holidays, then start talking about an Infinite beta or a bit of general game info late January or February.

Plus I feel like you’re implying Halo infinite news will make people not want to get MCC suddenly, and i personally don’t see the logic in that. Everyone who wants MCC is going to get MCC or already has it. Adding Reach and porting it to PC is in my opinion 343’s way of apologizing for the game basically being broken for years and taking way to long to fix it. I’m sure if they make some money off of new players purchasing it then they will be quite pleased, but this move seems like it’s more meant to win back fans who were livid with how broken the game was from the start and are highly critical of 343.

These are are all of course opinions and no one really knows. I just personally have faith that this spring will be filled with some Halo infinite news here and there, then E3 will be the Big Bang. I do t think it will be smart for them to not talk about the game once until E3. They may even use MCC as a platform to give us some bits of info and maybe even access the beta through it, like with Halo 5.. who knows?!

I remain optimistic!
I just want to know if the game is going to have ADS and Spartan Abilities. I'm really hoping it won't have them.
I just want to know if the game is going to have ADS and Spartan Abilities. I'm really hoping it won't have them.
If you're hoping for a return to essentially Halo 2 mechanics...there's almost no chance that's going to happen. Gamers have expectations regarding movement options in FPS games in 2019 which Halo 2 doesn't satisfy.

Critics alone would decry it as a "downgrade" in movement options.

Personally, I'd be fine with the return to more traditional movement as it would actually differentiate Infinite from other modern shooters but I wouldn't bet on it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2