REMOVE "117" FROM CHEST!

OP DUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
I understand the forward unto dawn look, but it's so tacky. You guys almost got the art. Bring back H2 anniversary master chief look. You guys are so close!!!

Edit: I retract the choice of bulky. Deleted above. I do think something is proportionally off still. The silhouette when chief is running off the pellican makes him look different (small, joint and muscle disproportionat? Idk), but I CAN live with it's current physique if it makes it in game.
I like the 117.
He looks cooler without.
A nerd with a nametag on. His reputation doesn't need a nametag.
I can sort of seeing it make sense if his team was around, so you know whose who, but I could live without it too as I did with the other halos.
He looks cooler without.
It was always on their armor to designate which Spartan was which. Only other Spartans knew who was under the helmet (by they way they moved) without designation. I would assume the reason it wasn't on there in earlier games is the full story/lore wasn't fully developed yet or through battle damage.
He doesn’t need it but I like how it helps differentiate between past armors. Still looks pretty cool.
Pluto70 wrote:
He looks cooler without.
It was always on their armor to designate which Spartan was which. Only other Spartans knew who was under the helmet (by they way they moved) without designation. I would assume the reason it wasn't on there in earlier games is the full story/lore wasn't fully developed yet or through battle damage.
In H2 he had a new suit. No battle damage. No halo game had 117 in his chest.
I don't mind it. I thought it looked cool in Halo Legends and I like the idea we can clearly see the service number of all Spartans now.
I agree. I think having a number on a spartan is a bit goofy.
Most military hardware has tags on it, from fighters to tanks. How dare a person basically owned by the military and one of dozens of his kind have a minimalist identification tag on.
Honestly if if they want to signify a new armor with 117 on it, I'm ok with it if it's done better. Maybe on his shoulder plate? It looks bad here. He doesn't look like a badass he looks lame. It could be done better. He needs to look like "THE" badass in the universe.
Pluto70 wrote:
He looks cooler without.
In H2 he had a new suit. No battle damage. No halo game had 117 in his chest.
At the development of that game, no one was certain any other Spartans were alive. So he was THE Spartan. Now there are many. As others stated, everything in the military is tagged. Why wouldn't his gear be tagged? Also, you're saying if Fred put on the same armor no one would mistake him for John?
I dislike the Halo Legends/Forward Unto Dawn Mk IV, and the huge '117' on the chest is part of the reason. It genuinely makes no sense, aside from maybe in Halo Legends, just so that you can track who is who. In live-action, and the games, it looks ridiculous. That being said, if it is indeed the very same Mk IV suit, but updated to fit modern needs because his Mk VI was beyond repair, then I'll be okay with it.
I dislike the Halo Legends/Forward Unto Dawn Mk IV, and the huge '117' on the chest is part of the reason. It genuinely makes no sense, aside from maybe in Halo Legends, just so that you can track who is who. In live-action, and the games, it looks ridiculous. That being said, if it is indeed the very same Mk IV suit, but updated to fit modern needs because his Mk VI was beyond repair, then I'll be okay with it.
That's a good point, if it's a mk IV it makes sense, I'm assuming it's a Mk VI. If they state that they put him a Mk IV for the plot then ok, but if they are just doing it for a throwback then I'm not digging it.
117 is nice
This must mean that Fred, Linda, and Kelly will have numbers as well, right?

I bet 343 will try to make subtle changes to the game with each trailer release based on our reaction, for instance next time the armor may not have the numbers, and the color may be a bit darker.
Most military hardware has tags on it, from fighters to tanks. How dare a person basically owned by the military and one of dozens of his kind have a minimalist identification tag on.
Deployed Special Operations personel do not wear any identifiable tags on them pertaining to their unit. Seeing how much more “spec ops” Spartans are, it would make sense to not have ANY identifiable marks on their suit. It is not necessary. Officers in the UNSC all have neural implants, so they can identify anyone at anytime. Spartans always out ranck non CO personel on the battlefield for good reason. They do not need to be identified by anyone who is not giving them direct orders. All the NCO’s need to know is that there is a Spartan, not which Spartan. OPSEC and what not.

It looks tacky.
Deployed Special Perations personel dor not wear any identifiable tags on them lertaining to their unit. Seeing how much more “spec ops” Spartans are, it would make sense to not have ANY identifiable marks on their suit. It is not necessary. Officers in the UNSC all have neural implants, so they can identify anyone at anytime. Spartans always outranck non CO personel on the battlefield for good reason. They do not need to be identified by anyone who is not giving them direct orders. All the NCO’s need to know is that there is a Spartan, not which Spartan. OPSEC and what not.

It looks tacky.
That's a good point on the neural links, they wouldn't have any problems identifying them. Especially spec ops, because they would need to limit their ID to specific personnel.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5