OP DUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I understand the forward unto dawn look, but it's so tacky. You guys almost got the art stile but he's too bulky. Bring back H2 anniversary master chief look. You guys are so close!!!
In the books, his suit originally has the tag "117" as every other spartan has on their armor. It supposed to look plain and white. Nothing fancy. It wasn't in games because it wasn't polished with lore then. It signifies who they are as a Spartan.
"117" on his chest is the least of my worries with the original armor styling.
I like it.
I'm going take a moment and say the H2A Elites look bad. So No.
A nerd with a nametag on. His reputation doesn't need a nametag.
Most military hardware has tags on it, from fighters to tanks. How dare a person basically owned by the military and one of dozens of his kind have a minimalist identification tag on.
Deployed Special Perations personel dor not wear any identifiable tags on them lertaining to their unit. Seeing how much more “spec ops” Spartans are, it would make sense to not have ANY identifiable marks on their suit. It is not necessary. Officers in the UNSC all have neural implants, so they can identify anyone at anytime. Spartans always outranck non CO personel on the battlefield for good reason. They do not need to be identified by anyone who is not giving them direct orders. All the NCO’s need to know is that there is a Spartan, not which Spartan. OPSEC and what not.

It looks tacky.
That's a good point on the neural links, they wouldn't have any problems identifying them. Especially spec ops, because they would need to limit their ID to specific personnel.
The neural implant is a good point. Spec ops wise... when in that armor they stomp around like a tank on legs so having a little white number is the least of their worries giving something away.
Pluto70 wrote:
A nerd with a nametag on. His reputation doesn't need a nametag.
Most military hardware has tags on it, from fighters to tanks. How dare a person basically owned by the military and one of dozens of his kind have a minimalist identification tag on.
Deployed Special Perations personel dor not wear any identifiable tags on them lertaining to their unit. Seeing how much more “spec ops” Spartans are, it would make sense to not have ANY identifiable marks on their suit. It is not necessary. Officers in the UNSC all have neural implants, so they can identify anyone at anytime. Spartans always outranck non CO personel on the battlefield for good reason. They do not need to be identified by anyone who is not giving them direct orders. All the NCO’s need to know is that there is a Spartan, not which Spartan. OPSEC and what not.

It looks tacky.
That's a good point on the neural links, they wouldn't have any problems identifying them. Especially spec ops, because they would need to limit their ID to specific personnel.
The neural implant is a good point. Spec ops wise... when in that armor they stomp around like a tank on legs so having a little white number is the least of their worries giving something away.
The tag can be traced back to which Spartan is in that particular mission. Since a particular Spartan can have particular skill sets, it would make sense not to have them be identified by their name or number. The less identifiable and decernable intel the enemy can get, the better. The UNSC knows Spartans stick out like a sore thumb, but that is kinda the point: morale boost for your troops, and a demoralizer for the enemy.

The enemy knew SEALs were in Baghdad. But they had a higher price for Chris Kyle, and he was identifiable by the giant Punisher Skull on his chest plate, and his tats. It’s the same reason why faces are blurred in classified photos. If a face can identify a team member, a name or number can provide that much more information.
I understand the forward unto dawn look, but it's so tacky. You guys almost got the art stile but he's too bulky. Bring back H2 anniversary master chief look. You guys are so close!!!
In the books, his suit originally has the tag "117" as every other spartan has on their armor. It supposed to look plain and white. Nothing fancy. It wasn't in games because it wasn't polished with lore then. It signifies who they are as a Spartan.
Are you saying the games aren't lore!?
I like it. Plus I think it helps the new suit stand apart following this soft reboot idea.
Also going back to neural link, the spartan Hud shows spartan tags of their fellow Spartans! Unless their HUD is offline, the number is redundant.
I love having his number there I've wanted it on his game armor, if they were to change it I wouldn't want it removed just have smaller numbers like in halo wars 2.
I really like the white 117 honestly
I agree with you on the '117' being tacky. I think if it were made smaller it'd be fine, but I disagree with you on making it more like the H2A Chief. I always found that version to look a very off.
Well tough luck.

The numbers were on the very first suits the S2s received, Chief had it in legends and forward into dawn. And it opens up the possibility to have our multiplayer tags written on our armours which I think would be pretty cool.
I personally don't think he's tooooo bulky and the bold white letters weren't actually an eyesore for me so I personally think its all fine.
In my opinion? It's -Yoinking!- fantastic. However, two small gripes:
Texture. It still looks plasticy. Make it more metallic, like the concept art on the news page.
The back. The backplate of the armor is just a bit too wide. Make it slimmer.
Make these two changes, and this will be the best Chief yet. Well, it already is the best design yet, but it'll be even better.
I'm digging it.
I don’t mind it, but I wish it was a bit smaller on the Chest-piece
I dislike the Halo Legends/Forward Unto Dawn Mk IV, and the huge '117' on the chest is part of the reason. It genuinely makes no sense, aside from maybe in Halo Legends, just so that you can track who is who. In live-action, and the games, it looks ridiculous. That being said, if it is indeed the very same Mk IV suit, but updated to fit modern needs because his Mk VI was beyond repair, then I'll be okay with it.
Its GEN 3 armor bridging gen 1 and 2 design philosophies. Better armor speed etc.
What are you on about? It looks really cool and it makes sense.
I have to agree with the OP on this one. I never liked the white painted 117 on his armor from FUD or legends. It’s not needed. If it stays I’m ok with it, but if they went back to the Braille or nothing at all I’d Be happy.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5