OP DUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I do have to say... Come on, op don't be such a nitpick, they change his art style back to a cooler Halo 2-3 look and now you're complaining about a number? I repeat... A NUMBER!!! There will always be something wrong. It's disgusting. Appreciate how awesome his armor looks compared to Halo 4-5! But instead you nitpick a number. I'm disappointed in you as a Halo fan.
Wrong. You are wrong on so many levels.
you do realize that in the books and comics, the spartans have the number in their armor
I'd rather them not have it on there, but maybe there is a story reason behind it. Another thread on here changed the chief's armor color and removed the 117 and I think it looks great.
Nah I would keep it on there it looks good. His armor from Halo 4 and 5 had it too. His Mark IV had it, only Mark V and Mark VI didn't have it. It looks cool plus if the other Spartan from blue team are wearing the same armor then it would make since they all have their service numbers on it.
I understand the forward unto dawn look, but it's so tacky. You guys almost got the art stile but he's too bulky. Bring back H2 anniversary master chief look. You guys are so close!!!
It would at least be better looking to use binary code for the 117 like they did in Halo 4/5 as it was there, but it wasn’t blatantly obvious. Although if it has to than I wouldn’t mind it staying.
Too bulky, seriously? The guy is basically a walking tank who can literally lift up tanks and vechiles, the bulk is good.
I understand the forward unto dawn look, but it's so tacky. You guys almost got the art stile but he's too bulky. Bring back H2 anniversary master chief look. You guys are so close!!!
It would at least be better looking to use binary code for the 117 like they did in Halo 4/5 as it was there, but it wasn’t blatantly obvious. Although if it has to than I wouldn’t mind it staying.
Too bulky, seriously? The guy is basically a walking tank who can literally lift up tanks and vechiles, the bulk is good.
Honestly, I'm ok with bulky. Regret saying that. I'll edit the post. I personally saw chief as like a tall slot receiver, or middle linebacker. He looks more like a lineman, but I'd be ok with that change. I never saw him as a Gears of War character, but rather way more agile. The only thing I stand by my statement is the current 117. If they can maybe change the font, not so bold, or relocate the position (I'd prefer removing all together still) it could look less goofy.
I don’t know why you quoted me as you seem to be taking about the original OP’s comment of which you could’ve quoted by itself.
I disagree about the Halo 2 Anniversary look. The Armor looked too small for his size in H2A. This armor looks good. BUT the white 117 needs to go.

Also, is no one picking up that the Slip Space engine showcase at E3 2018, John's armor looked much sleeker than this E3's trailer?

Perhaps we can change his armor from his previous Armors? That would be sweet. Then we could all enjoy which armor we like Chief in.
Doesn't bother me. When you're playing as Chief, you won't see the 117.
NxtDutch wrote:
I disagree about the Halo 2 Anniversary look. The Armor looked too small for his size in H2A. This armor looks good. BUT the white 117 needs to go.

Also, is no one picking up that the Slip Space engine showcase at E3 2018, John's armor looked much sleeker than this E3's trailer?

Perhaps we can change his armor from his previous Armors? That would be sweet. Then we could all enjoy which armor we like Chief in.
The armor in H2A looked beautiful to me, but to each his own.

Also I did notice that it looked more sleek in the 2018 trailer, while the armor in the 2019 trailer looked a bit cartoony (is it just me or did the marine look a little cartoony as well).
The 117 doesn't really bother me much. I kinda like it.
NxtDutch wrote:

The armor in H2A looked beautiful to me, but to each his own.

Also I did notice that it looked more sleek in the 2018 trailer, while the armor in the 2019 trailer looked a bit cartoony (is it just me or did the marine look a little cartoony as well).
Yes, I have posted in other threads about him looking a little cartoony. Like, Halo Legends or Mega Blocks/Lego. John looked out of place in the trailer almost.

That said, I think it would be a great feature if we could every iteration of Master Chief's armor in game to use. So all of us could use whichever Armor we each enjoy.
I don’t know why you quoted me as you seem to be taking about the original OP’s comment of which you could’ve quoted by itself.
Lol wrong person, my apologies.
This is a great example of how people will complain about just about everything.
This is a great example of how people will complain about just about everything.
I thought so too, but then I saw a fan edit of his armor a little bit darker, and ooooooo was it nice lol
Lol wrong person, my apologies.
It’s cool, I was just curious.
My question is WHY!
I suppose it was inevitable that there would be more than a few people in the community who didn't like it. And to be fair, everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I'm not trying to knock you OP. For instance, I actually liked one of the changes a fellow forum member made that changed the color to be darker, so there’s no shortage of constructive criticism on my part as well.

I laughed harder than I should have during one of the E3 interviews where one of the devs (can't remember the exact interview) was talking about how much he appreciated the community taking the 343 design and making adjustments. He almost seemed kinda frustrated with the fact that no matter what 343 does, the community just isn't gonna think it's good enough lol.

I personally love the 117 on the armor. It's seen throughout the lore, yet has never been included in the FPS games. Heck, in "The Package" the armor actually includes two white stripes on the arms as well, so going with just the 117 on the chest seems like a fair compromise.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5