1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
BANGHART wrote:
thats what bloom in reach represents. Spartan 3s are normal human beings so when they shoot their is still gonna be some recoil, hence the bloom.

spartan 2s are 8 feet tall superhumans that are equipped with special suits that enhance their abilities even further. their reflexes are technologically enhanced to the point that they basically see in slow motion. They are masters of their weapons and therefore they can shoot while moving without any recoil. they are strong and skilled enough to have complete control over any weapon they fire.
bloom and recoil are two different things, and are in no way related. bloom has to do with the trajectory of the projectile over distance. recoil is the forceful flinching motion of the weapon (notice that the reticle is placed slightly off after you fire). bloom and recoil also have nothing to do with the generation of spartans, unless you are going to completely overlook halo 3, where you play as a S-II but still deal with the most aggressive recoil in the series. and regardless of the generation of spartan, they have no control over bloom, unless a spartan can somehow telepathically alter the course of a bullet mid-flight.
this reminds me of the subject of sprinting, if you do not like to sprint just do not do it!!, however, in this topic you should add a small option to activate and deactivate the hitmarker
^what they said. I personally like hit markers. They give a slight return of satisfaction when I do make tough shots that perhaps doesn’t kill, but weakens enemies. At long range it’s harder to tell if you hit them or not.
Spencer410 wrote:
this reminds me of the subject of sprinting, if you do not like to sprint just do not do it!!, however, in this topic you should add a small option to activate and deactivate the hitmarker
^what they said. I personally like hit markers. They give a slight return of satisfaction when I do make tough shots that perhaps doesn’t kill, but weakens enemies. At long range it’s harder to tell if you hit them or not.
That's what I think. Hitmarker is an important feedback of your action. Let's take an example of a capture the flag match. When there's a concentration of players fighting for flag capture/return in Fathom. You are outside that room and you eventually throw a grenade insidei the window of that room. You know there are targets there, but you cannot see them because the flag room is in a higher level. Throwing an explosive and getting a feedback on your crosshair is vital for your next movement. If there are no hitmarkers in the game whatsoever you don't know if the grenade you just used had an effect or not, unless you get a kill.
I think saying that the hitmarkers does not belong in Halo because Call of Duty did it first, is ignoring the tactical possibilities that information provides for the better.
Spencer410 wrote:
That's what I think. Hitmarker is an important feedback of your action. Let's take an example of a capture the flag match. When there's a concentration of players fighting for flag capture/return in Fathom. You are outside that room and you eventually throw a grenade insidei the window of that room. You know there are targets there, but you cannot see them because the flag room is in a higher level. Throwing an explosive and getting a feedback on your crosshair is vital for your next movement. If there are no hitmarkers in the game whatsoever you don't know if the grenade you just used had an effect or not, unless you get a kill.
I think saying that the hitmarkers does not belong in Halo because Call of Duty did it first, is ignoring the tactical possibilities that information provides for the better.
Throwing a grenade in a room and getting free information is exactly what is wrong with hitmarkers in Halo. You don't deserve to get that free information from just throwing grenades at random. Even though you might know targets are in the general area, at best its still a guess. That is not a "tactical" decision, it is just crossing your fingers and hoping you get rewarded for it.
WerepyreND wrote:
Spencer410 wrote:
Throwing a grenade in a room and getting free information is exactly what is wrong with hitmarkers in Halo. You don't deserve to get that free information from just throwing grenades at random. Even though you might know targets are in the general area, at best its still a guess. That is not a "tactical" decision, it is just crossing your fingers and hoping you get rewarded for it.
Agree 10000%. I once got a killtac in Halo Reach just by throwing a nade, and I didn't need a single hitmarker to know where my enemies was. I just knew they were in that area with deliberation. So you either charge in that room or not. As a skilled player you should know there are too many people and I dont think a hitmarker will help you figuring out that there are that many players in there. They are just hitmarkers.. they just let you know there are people. So basically they serve as an handicap.
The only time I pay attention to hit markers is if I am using grenades to "check" rooms. I am fine with them being present on non-explosive weapons, but they need to be removed grenades.
Grenade (explosion-based) hitmarkers need to be removed, yes. They provide free information with relatively little risk, and since you always spawn with grenades, you always have "room checks" for this.

Bullet-based hitmarkers I don't see the issue with. The game doesn't play any better or worse without it. You have to be aiming at the target to hit the target anyway, so it doesn't give you any free information. It can't tell the difference between shield and no shield, so the shield flare is still relevant to you. The best thing it does (without going back to greandes) is help you identify registered shots at a long distance where shields or blood would not be immediately noticeable.

But then again we could just make it optional. Don't really care if they take that route.
BANGHART wrote:
thats what bloom in reach represents. Spartan 3s are normal human beings so when they shoot their is still gonna be some recoil, hence the bloom.

spartan 2s are 8 feet tall superhumans that are equipped with special suits that enhance their abilities even further. their reflexes are technologically enhanced to the point that they basically see in slow motion. They are masters of their weapons and therefore they can shoot while moving without any recoil. they are strong and skilled enough to have complete control over any weapon they fire.
bloom and recoil are two different things, and are in no way related. bloom has to do with the trajectory of the projectile over distance. recoil is the forceful flinching motion of the weapon (notice that the reticle is placed slightly off after you fire). bloom and recoil also have nothing to do with the generation of spartans, unless you are going to completely overlook halo 3, where you play as a S-II but still deal with the most aggressive recoil in the series. and regardless of the generation of spartan, they have no control over bloom, unless a spartan can somehow telepathically alter the course of a bullet mid-flight.
bloom is the digital representation of recoil.

they are the same things.

it is the reticule changing to display the area of undetermined recoil patterns.
Grenade (explosion-based) hitmarkers need to be removed, yes. They provide free information with relatively little risk, and since you always spawn with grenades, you always have "room checks" for this.

Bullet-based hitmarkers I don't see the issue with. The game doesn't play any better or worse without it. You have to be aiming at the target to hit the target anyway, so it doesn't give you any free information. It can't tell the difference between shield and no shield, so the shield flare is still relevant to you. The best thing it does (without going back to greandes) is help you identify registered shots at a long distance where shields or blood would not be immediately noticeable.

But then again we could just make it optional. Don't really care if they take that route.
Then some people will just leave it on to get a clear tactical advantage with explosives, unless you mean that hitmarkers should still only be on non-explosion-based weapons.

BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

it is the reticule changing to display the area of undetermined recoil patterns.
Pretty much this, yet when I try to defend the mere concept of bloom (recoil) still existing in Reach for MCC, people come running in to roast me alive over how terrible it is to have such a concept in Halo.

Then some people will just leave it on to get a clear tactical advantage with explosives, unless you mean that hitmarkers should still only be on non-explosion-based weapons.
Yes, that's what I mean. explosion-based hitmarkers is a problem every which way - because you don't have to see or hit the opponent to get information out of it.
BANGHART wrote:

Noooo, it's not the same thing. You're describing bullet spread. The more the reticle expands, the greater the bullet spread.

RNG shooting does not belong in Halo. And before someone says "dude just pace your shots man", that was NOT how Reach's gameplay turned out. It was more practical to spam the DMR and hope for a hit than it was to carefully pace each shot.
BANGHART wrote:

Noooo, it's not the same thing. You're describing bullet spread. The more the reticle expands, the greater the bullet spread.

RNG shooting does not belong in Halo. And before someone says "dude just pace your shots man", that was NOT how Reach's gameplay turned out. It was more practical to spam the DMR and hope for a hit than it was to carefully pace each shot.
Bullet spread is recoil bud.

you think the gun shoots differently every time?? No thats not how firearms work.

The reason the bullets spread is from recoil.

The more you fire a weapon in short succession the more the gun kicks and the less control you have over it, the more your bullet patterns spread out. that is recoil.
BANGHART wrote:
BANGHART wrote:

Bullet spread is recoil bud.

you think the gun shoots differently every time?? No thats not how firearms work.

The reason the bullets spread is from recoil.

The more you fire a weapon in short succession the more the gun kicks and the less control you have over it, the more your bullet patterns spread out. that is recoil.
So using your definition, the Halo 3 BR has recoil even though it has zero kick to it. Got ya.
Its not my definition dude, its physics.

Have you ever shot a gun before? serious question. I am very experienced with real life firearms and I understand how they function.

In halo 3 there is no bloom to the BR because it is being handled by a spartan II. If the same weapon was being handled by a spartan III or a marine there would be recoil. The BR in halo 3 has no kick to it because it is being handled by a Spartan II.
BANGHART wrote:
Its not my definition dude, its physics.

Have you ever shot a gun before? serious question. I am very experienced with real life firearms and I understand how they function.

In halo 3 there is no bloom to the BR because it is being handled by a spartan II. If the same weapon was being handled by a spartan III or a marine there would be recoil. The BR in halo 3 has no kick to it because it is being handled by a Spartan II.
I mentioned the Halo 3 BR because it has bullet spread. You literally just told me that bullet spread is recoil.
IT IS RECOIL

the spread on the BR is minimal to the point that the reticule does not need to change. It is only noticeable at long range. with a spartan III shooting it, the spread becomes pronounced to where the reticule actually needs to change. This is bloom. Bloom = recoil.

What part of this do you not understand lol
BANGHART wrote:
IT IS RECOIL

the spread on the BR is minimal to the point that the reticule does not need to change. It is only noticeable at long range. with a spartan III shooting it, the spread becomes pronounced to where the reticule actually needs to change. This is bloom. Bloom = recoil.

What part of this do you not understand lol
The part where you're using bloom, spread, and recoil as interchangeable terms when they all mean different things.
Recoil is the motion the gun makes that changes the direction the barrel of the gun is facing, which is the cause of bullet spread.

bloom is simply the reticule changing to display the potential area of bullet spread caused by recoil.

they are all the same thing dude. im not gonna argue any more about it.
BANGHART wrote:
If anything, i rather have a realistic effect of firearms, ballistics, and physic effects. I enjoy the hell out of SIM games and i always turned away from arcade style games unless it's Halo. I feel like it's more rewarding to use a weapon that is difficult to aim and shoot but the payoff for a good shot without any hit marker or non-existent bullet drop is satisfying. I know Spartans are well..Spartans but even then the physics around them doesn't become foolproof.

dude, you just gave me a -Yoink- idea.

lets say there are 10 ranks or something in multiplayer.

Each level is what kind of soldier you are, then you obtain that soldier's ability.

Level 1, you start off as a Marine. You shoot like one, you fight like one and you're scared like one.
Level 2 is ODST which I believe is the navy seal version of the UNSC Marines right? they shoot better, they carry more gadgets and works well in the quiet.
after that, every level would be an endless improvement to the Spartan Program. The best part is, if you reach level 10 but you miss the difficulty of just being a marine then you can easily switch to that level.
BANGHART wrote:
If anything, i rather have a realistic effect of firearms, ballistics, and physic effects. I enjoy the hell out of SIM games and i always turned away from arcade style games unless it's Halo. I feel like it's more rewarding to use a weapon that is difficult to aim and shoot but the payoff for a good shot without any hit marker or non-existent bullet drop is satisfying. I know Spartans are well..Spartans but even then the physics around them doesn't become foolproof.

dude, you just gave me a -Yoink- idea.

lets say there are 10 ranks or something in multiplayer.

Each level is what kind of soldier you are, then you obtain that soldier's ability.

Level 1, you start off as a Marine. You shoot like one, you fight like one and you're scared like one.
Level 2 is ODST which I believe is the navy seal version of the UNSC Marines right? they shoot better, they carry more gadgets and works well in the quiet.
after that, every level would be an endless improvement to the Spartan Program. The best part is, if you reach level 10 but you miss the difficulty of just being a marine then you can easily switch to that level.
This has actually been my dream Halo multiplayer spinoff game. You start off with lets say 3 characters per faction (UNSC or covenant) low tier characters and they all have permadeath. As you gain xp you unlock better characters, but when they die they are gone forever. You can spend the xp on whatever unit you want, Spartan IIs being by far the most expensive. The covenant units are much cheaper in general but they are more easily killed unless you have High tier elite units.

You will then have the character placed in a unit that matches your character tier and also your personal skill level. the game could be modeled after planetside 2 or even something like heroes and generals. You can customize your units and work your way up the chains of command all the way to general, where you are giving the whole team on the server orders.

Its funny you mention this. I have been thinking about this type of game for a while. Microsoft needs to get on this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5