Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Removing fan favorite weapons

OP lil kdawg jr

I’m very confused on why you’d remove the magnum and and classic shotgun and replace them with generic guns that don’t look like they belong in halo. I would at the very least hope they make a return later down the line. This is just like the SPNKR rocket launcher in halo 5.
It's a contradiction when they then go on to say that they are going for a spiritual reboot. Aka be more similar to the older Halo games. How can they say this but on the other hand remove classic weapons.

Their words are cheap and their actions speak volumes.
It's a contradiction when they then go on to say that they are going for a spiritual reboot. Aka be more similar to the older Halo games. How can they say this but on the other hand remove classic weapons.

In the QnA unyshek did he said the game is going back to a more classic art style. Then he turns around and says the magnum and shotgun aren’t in the game. Like why??

In the QnA unyshek did he said the game is going back to a more classic art style. Then he turns around and says the magnum and shotgun aren’t in the game. Like why??
Because he's a company man. Salesmen.
Extremely disappointed in the decision to remove the Classic Shotgun from Infinite. The Magnum to me is excusable as it has been the weapon to change the most over the titles and we have gotten used to that for better or worse.

The Shotgun on the other hand, is Iconic. To replace it with something that looks straight out of Fortnite is very disappointing and honestly pretty baffling.
It's possible they did it just to creat something for us to talk about. It's also possible that the new weapons have to do with some kind of sand box balance. Or maybe they just liked it more in the grand design of the game.

Each game is a work of art that they are trying to sell. For some reason they though this new art we would like, who knows. Maybe we will like it. For example many like the halo 5 magnum. At launch and in beta many hated it but it grew on people. The Hydra many hated too, now many love it. But maybe fans won't like how the new versions or replacement guns feel. Time will tell.
The cost of "making Halo their own", 343 will continue to take away classics and force us to accept it, and if we don't we're just "bungie fanboys". They're definitely going to take away more in the future. There's no hope
The CE pistol I can understand since it's so powerful and different from the others, but there's no excuse for the shotgun.
Regice554 wrote:
It's possible they did it just to creat something for us to talk about. It's also possible that the new weapons have to do with some kind of sand box balance. Or maybe they just liked it more in the grand design of the game.

Each game is a work of art that they are trying to sell. For some reason they though this new art we would like, who knows. Maybe we will like it. For example many like the halo 5 magnum. At launch and in beta many hated it but it grew on people. The Hydra many hated too, now many love it. But maybe fans won't like how the new versions or replacement guns feel. Time will tell.
That’s true but the weapons in halo 5 still looked like they belonged in halo. The new weapons (excluding the covenant weapons because those actually look amazing) look like they’re from some other shooter like destiny or call of duty.
The CE pistol I can understand since it's so powerful and different from the others, but there's no excuse for the shotgun.
Even then, they could've just made the CE pistol harder to obtain if it was that powerful, it wasn't game-breaking.
Regice554 wrote:

That’s true but the weapons in halo 5 still looked like they belonged in halo. The new weapons (excluding the covenant weapons because those actually look amazing) look like they’re from some other shooter like destiny or call of duty.
And now Halo: Infinite is live service and the multiplayer has gone the free to play microtransaction route.

Definitely not a coincidence lol...
The cost of "making Halo their own", 343 will continue to take away classics and force us to accept it, and if we don't we're just "bungie fanboys". They're definitely going to take away more in the future. There's no hope
I wouldn’t say that. They’ll probably just add it on later in the games life (not saying that’s necessarily good)
Even then, they could've just made the CE pistol harder to obtain if it was that powerful, it wasn't game-breaking.
The good thing about Halo CE was that every weapon was a power weapon. Now many weapons are peashooters that many players don't bother using.
I don’t think they meant the CE magnum specifically just the magnum in general
I don’t think they meant the CE magnum specifically just the magnum in general
I stand by my statement, they could have found a way to keep it in the game and balance them, instead of removing them
Regice554 wrote:

The heavy assault rifle kinda looks halo, like from out of the comics. Part of me disliked the look of it, but it would look good in the hands of non unsc.

But the pistol look too main stream. Too sleek. I'm curious what manufacturer made it in the lore.
lol imagine everyone having this super rapid firing shotgun in Infection
Feel like zombies would have no chance :(
lol imagine everyone having this super rapid firing shotgun in Infection
Feel like zombies would have no chance :(
343 creates another problem it could have avoided by simply not trying to fix something that wasn't broken, they clearly wanted to add new weapons but they clearly went overboard
It's the exact same hole they dug themselves into with the SPNKr launcher being replaced by the boom-tube. They're advertising a problem to which they'll either sell or force you to wait for the solution. Even if their idea of the classic magnum could've been "too powerful" for it to be balanced, they could just neuter it to the status of the Halo 3 magnum. It's an objectively terrible design choice for introducing Halo to a new console generation. Literally all they have to do is take the stats of the Sidearm and apply that to a magnum design. (Actually that's probably what they'll do, but they'll put an extra price tag on it and release it a year after the game comes out)
I wrote this in response to someone else, but that post got taken down due to it being in the wrong thread. So anyways these are my points for why I don't like them replacing the guns

"I don't really see how having a pistol without a zoom option adds to an open world map design. Or how a shotgun that has a shorter barrel length shoots farther and with a tighter spread than it's previous counterpart. Also drum mags are pretty boring and have a bad historical weakness for being crap to carry into battle. Reloading with shells feels good and is more fun in my opinion. Plus BOTH pistol and shotgun have weaker calibers. Why? Are the aliens weaker now? Are the shiny robots not built from forerunner super metals? Will a 10mm round fly faster, farther and hit harder than an .50 HE?? Will a 12 gauge have a farther flight path with a closer spread and deal more damage than a freaking 8 gauge?? I'm okay with change, but make it one that makes since and doesn't disconnect me from the world you are building. That's why I am asking for why? Why the change? Does it make since to the world? This isn't about lore, this is about the game itself, the gameplay."

I seriously don't mind these new guns, but if you were going to have a 20 something mission campaign with side missions and an open world to explore. Give us all those damn guns. There is literally an open desert for your sandbox. The game can not be broken from adding in the weapons people expect to be in a halo game. As far as multiplayer goes, you literally have control over which weapons are in which map. Nothing gets broken by having all 4 of these weapons in the game. Just please get it done 343i. I actually want to play this game, I want to love it. I just want to do it with a good old fashioned 8gauge pump shotgun, please. I need my alien killer.