Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

OP CyberGuardFL

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
eviltedi wrote:
The reputation system is a joke imo. Players report others just because they lose, many players are honest, but many are bad sports and would avoid out of spite. I'm all for better online experiences, but these systems get abused. Tell me how it would be fair and you'll get my support.
While I think there are 'bad sports' who would abuse the system just because they lost I also think that those very same people on the other hand would love to have that good player on their own team. By avoiding them all that's left would be those that are so bad you don't want to play with them either. That being said I doubt the number of false/abusive reporting just because someone was too good is insignificant.

And the data is there in most cases: early quitting/DNF for example. Someone who has 8 DNF out of their past 40 matches has a whopping 20% DNF. Why does anyone who isn't even close to that DNF rate even deserves to be matched together with such a person? And that person didn't even had an 'Avoid Me' rep.
Like I said, I'm all for a better online experience, but we have a reputation system through XBL. Have you ever checked your rep? I have, and I've been reported as unsporting, quitting etc despite doing nothing to earn those reports. I think your idea will be open to abuse, and players will abuse it because their feedback is what will give another Halo player the avoid me label, it would need real people checking into the avoid me reports to see if they are warranted. As for quitting ? You will never stop or avoid them imo, the best way to solve that issue is to use the Titanfall join in progress system, again imo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2