RETURN OF THE M RATING?!?! PLS??

OP YoutubeSPARTAN4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the gameplay and the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
Fixed.
Also with the return of the flood, I think it will be rated M. I could be wrong though.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the gameplay and the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
Fixed.
Also with the return of the flood, I think it will be rated M. I could be wrong though.
But today ratings are different based on our culture tday.
You can betray players in halo 5, just not in war zone, in which case you can only splatter them with a vehicle. You’re also painting with very broad brushstrokes by saying almost everyone disliked halo 5s gameplay. Polling has consistently found more people want to keep sprint in the game, but that point is irrelevant to this post anyway.
You can betray players in halo 5, just not in war zone, in which case you can only splatter them with a vehicle. You’re also painting with very broad brushstrokes by saying almost everyone disliked halo 5s gameplay. Polling has consistently found more people want to keep sprint in the game, but that point is irrelevant to this post anyway.
I meant the campaign story sorry, note that not the gameplay. Also you can't betray your own in the campaign also. The gameplay is spectacular yes, sprinting should be in the game forever. Also, I would want to keep the thrusters too. I know also that people liked halo 5, just not as much.
The ratings of games really means nothing, and don’t determine the quality of the game. And tbh, Halo has never really been super deserving of the M rating. Hell, Combat Evolved almost got the T rating, but got the M rating at the last minute.
I had actually made a post talking about the age ratings. I don't think Halo is that violent to be an M game. I mean, Destiny features blowing aliens heads off, but that is only T. Castle Crasher features dismemberment and tons of blood, but is also only T. Halo is really more of a T game.
Halo Infinite might also be T.
I don't know what the Rating will be, but I really hope that we will see the amount of Blood like we had in CE & 2.
And I really hope that the Flood (which most likely will return in Infinite) will look as creepy / horrifying as back in the day.
The ratings of games really means nothing,
Yes and no. I agree a rating does not guarantee a games quality. However, we associate certain levels of content with ratings. Would DOOM be DOOM with a 12 plus rating ? No, I would be very wary I saw that, we expect certain games to have blood and gore. I've always hated the fact Halo 5 had no or very sparse amounts of blood. I really hope they go all in with blood and gore in Halo Infinite. If the games were like the books Halo would be 18 plus.
I hope its M rated, and also that it goes back to having that eerie kinda scary vibe like Halo CE Library level. Fingers crossed
J HOVA 8 wrote:
I hope its M rated, and also that it goes back to having that eerie kinda scary vibe like Halo CE Library level. Fingers crossed
Me 2
eviltedi wrote:
The ratings of games really means nothing,
Yes and no. I agree a rating does not guarantee a games quality. However, we associate certain levels of content with ratings. Would DOOM be DOOM with a 12 plus rating ? No, I would be very wary I saw that, we expect certain games to have blood and gore. I've always hated the fact Halo 5 had no or very sparse amounts of blood. I really hope they go all in with blood and gore in Halo Infinite. If the games were like the books Halo would be 18 plus.
This is wut I’m trying to say.
I haven't understood the "M Rating = Inherently Better/Cooler/More Valid" logic since I was in Jr. High and it had the appeal of being a "Forbidden Fruit".

As others have said, Betrayals in H5 can happen in non-Warzone modes. Warzone is just super hectic and an unbalanced mess- it makes sense that they'd choose to sculpt it a bit differently than the competitive PvP modes in this regard.

To me, Halo was never about the reasons why the ESRB decided it should be rated M in the 2000's. Cortana being scantily clad is never the reason I was drawn to and enjoyed her character; Being able to punch endless amounts of strangely colored blood out of the corpses of fallen Covenant in CE is never what made me want to play that game. I have always loved Halo because it is my favorite incarnation of "Sci-Fi with Bullets." I was drawn in by a compelling story and universe and some awesome characters, not because it was rated M.

People get so hung up on it around here, but seriously, does anyone believe for a second that our beloved CE and Halo 2 would receive M ratings by today's standards? Halo 3 had enough explicit dialogue via IWHBYD to justify it- however, I feel like this was essentially Bungie shrugging their shoulders and saying "If they're rating us M anyways, we may as well have some fun with it."

Even Halo 4 doesn't really "go for it," with its M rating. I thing the ESRB gets in a rutt of reusing their ratings and justifications for legacy games in a series. Halo was an M franchise, because in '01, it was edgy to have a sexy AI, space zombies, and some blood in a video game. Halo CE didn't come close to deserving the same M rating as the Duke Nukem and even Doom games from the 90's on content.

It's not the end of the world if a game is rated T.
Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
Lol... like 4...

”Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 2 and 3. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???”

There you go. I fixed your phrase.
I haven't understood the "M Rating = Inherently Better/Cooler/More Valid" logic since I was in Jr. High and it had the appeal of being a "Forbidden Fruit".
... well he/she did call 4 a real Halo game... I think the only people who call 4 a good game are the 13 year olds who grew up with it.

(Don’t get me wrong 4 is still a decent game, but it’s funny how he/she used it as a prime example.)
I was halfway through High School when H4 came out and was super disappointed in it at the time.

My feelings in the years since have become increasingly mixed on it (and steadily improving, but still far from genuinely positive). I thought it was very off-tone from the other games (H3 and Reach were my favorites).

I don't get why it would appeal to a Jr. High/High School student on the "M" appeal alone, is what I guess I'm getting at. If anything, to me it seemed less mature in terms of theme and content when compared to Reach.

Now that I think about it, Reach is probably the most deserving of an M rating of the entire series, and even it looks pretty tame when compared to a lot of M rated staples that were it's contemporaries (CoD and Battlefield are more realistically/viscerally violent, GTA is more egregiously inappropriate in pretty much every way, Assassin's Creed is more gung-ho on the murder simulator aspect and suggestive themes).

I'm not sure OP meant this or not, but ultimately if your stated goal is just that you want to play very M rated games because being rated M makes them enjoyable, even the most edgy Halo would hardly be the best choice to fulfill this goal.
At first when looking at Halo CE (on the PC, I was late to the party), its M rating was rather misleading. The blood amount made some sense along with the Flood as a whole, but the "blood and gore" was rather poorly stated, in addition to the "partial nudity" with the AI's, that was just a pathetic excuse. When the flood broke apart in game, the limbs they had wasn't that gruesome on par with other gory elements like Gears of War's blood spraying after you literally sliced someone in half with the chainsaw part of the guns...

Halo 5's Teen rating seemed more justified, because the Flood was no where in it and I personally thought that Halo would have been better off with a Teen rating for all due to its original cartoon-y like visuals and lack of more mature things like actually cussing and blood spitting gore via flood or melee or whatever.

The only proper justification required for Infinite to have a Mature rating is if it has more gruesome violence that shows more blood spraying gore and actually swear words like Gears of War and DOOM 2016.

My opinion...
Halo Infinite should get the ESRB rating that it warrants. Things like the Flood probably have previous games their M-rating (and the Composer giving 4 it’s M-rating). Otherwise, Halo never quite felt like a super mature game. CE’s blood was almost cartoonish and other than that subsequent games seemed more toned down than the previous ones.
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the gameplay and the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
So the definition of a "real halo game" is that it's rated M?

Also, "most people" didn't hate the gameplay. The gameplay was quite good. The story on the other hand WAS quite bad.

Halo has never been a particularly mature title. Many of the previous titles were likely just on the line between Teen and Mature.
ShotAces wrote:
Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
Lol... like 4...

”Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 2 and 3. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???”

There you go. I fixed your phrase.
Oops my bad lol
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the gameplay and the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
So the definition of a "real halo game" is that it's rated M?

Also, "most people" didn't hate the gameplay. The gameplay was quite good. The story on the other hand WAS quite bad.

Halo has never been a particularly mature title. Many of the previous titles were likely just on the line between Teen and Mature.
I meant they didn’t like h5’s story. My bad again
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9