Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

RETURN OF THE M RATING?!?! PLS??

OP YoutubeSPARTAN4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
You can betray players in halo 5, just not in war zone, in which case you can only splatter them with a vehicle. You’re also painting with very broad brushstrokes by saying almost everyone disliked halo 5s gameplay. Polling has consistently found more people want to keep sprint in the game, but that point is irrelevant to this post anyway.
Those polls were done on Halo Waypoint, correct? Something tells me that the majority of people who dislike Halo's current direction won't be using a Halo forum. Halo's population and sales have dropped drastically, and it's been an essentially irrelevant franchise (though that's been improving) for years now. Using those polls to justify sprint is either an act of desperation or ignorance.
You can betray players in halo 5, just not in war zone, in which case you can only splatter them with a vehicle. You’re also painting with very broad brushstrokes by saying almost everyone disliked halo 5s gameplay. Polling has consistently found more people want to keep sprint in the game, but that point is irrelevant to this post anyway.
Those polls were done on Halo Waypoint, correct? Something tells me that the majority of people who dislike Halo's current direction won't be using a Halo forum. Halo's population and sales have dropped drastically, and it's been an essentially irrelevant franchise (though that's been improving) for years now. Using those polls to justify sprint is either an act of desperation or ignorance.
That's an interesting and valid point about people who don't like the direction change of halo not being on the forums much. I saw that one of the biggest faces of Halo, Neighbor, said on twitter he was leaving the Halo Infinite development team because he didn't like the direction Infinite was going. As he was one of the biggest faces during halo 3, and was one of the bigger names for MCC competitive last year, that worries me a little that Infinite will be sticking with advanced mechanics. I get that Halo is trying to advance, but I don't think they need to change things just for the sake of change. Look at games like LOL or DOTA, those aren't adding unnecessary things to keep peoples attention, like making games shorter or easier to destroy bases. Just my thoughts though, and I could be proven wrong, and it wouldn't be the 1st or last time lol
At first when looking at Halo CE (on the PC, I was late to the party), its M rating was rather misleading. The blood amount made some sense along with the Flood as a whole, but the "blood and gore" was rather poorly stated, in addition to the "partial nudity" with the AI's, that was just a pathetic excuse. When the flood broke apart in game, the limbs they had wasn't that gruesome on par with other gory elements like Gears of War's blood spraying after you literally sliced someone in half with the chainsaw part of the guns...

Halo 5's Teen rating seemed more justified, because the Flood was no where in it and I personally thought that Halo would have been better off with a Teen rating for all due to its original cartoon-y like visuals and lack of more mature things like actually cussing and blood spitting gore via flood or melee or whatever.

The only proper justification required for Infinite to have a Mature rating is if it has more gruesome violence that shows more blood spraying gore and actually swear words like Gears of War and DOOM 2016.

My opinion...
But I think the m rating gives halo its reputation of a "big kid game" you know?
At first when looking at Halo CE (on the PC, I was late to the party), its M rating was rather misleading. The blood amount made some sense along with the Flood as a whole, but the "blood and gore" was rather poorly stated, in addition to the "partial nudity" with the AI's, that was just a pathetic excuse. When the flood broke apart in game, the limbs they had wasn't that gruesome on par with other gory elements like Gears of War's blood spraying after you literally sliced someone in half with the chainsaw part of the guns...

Halo 5's Teen rating seemed more justified, because the Flood was no where in it and I personally thought that Halo would have been better off with a Teen rating for all due to its original cartoon-y like visuals and lack of more mature things like actually cussing and blood spitting gore via flood or melee or whatever.

The only proper justification required for Infinite to have a Mature rating is if it has more gruesome violence that shows more blood spraying gore and actually swear words like Gears of War and DOOM 2016.

My opinion...
But I think the m rating gives halo its reputation of a "big kid game" you know?
Maybe to you and others along that line of thought (opinions are opinions after all and everyone has their own opinions that requires equal respect and understanding), but I personally thought that reputation was because of its viral multiplayer system, even before Xbox Live broke it big with Halo 2 more than CE's differences to all the other "big guns" at the time, which also inevitably pioneering modern-day in-game harassment abilities.
Quote:
"Quite clearly the online interactions in todays video games can be quite volatile, outright racism, harassment, sexual and otherwise, absolutely foul language to name just a few major issues, and the amount of children that are not only exposed to this environment but engage within it for hours per day is with little doubt concerning." ~ O.M.N. Representative (Arby 'n' the Chief [Season 4 Episode10 - Night of the Evading Dead])
Sadly, the ESRB can't label a game because of THAT, it ain't their job.

But still the reputation as a "big kid game", I personally believe that is because of the multiplayer abilities and not the single player portion itself.
Spoiler:
Show

My opinion...
Maybe to you and others along that line of thought (opinions are opinions after all and everyone has their own opinions that requires equal respect and understanding), but I personally thought that reputation was because of its viral multiplayer system, even before Xbox Live broke it big with Halo 2 more than CE's differences to all the other "big guns" at the time, which also inevitably pioneering modern-day in-game harassment abilities.
Quote:
"Quite clearly the online interactions in todays video games can be quite volatile, outright racism, harassment, sexual and otherwise, absolutely foul language to name just a few major issues, and the amount of children that are not only exposed to this environment but engage within it for hours per day is with little doubt concerning." ~ O.M.N. Representative (Arby 'n' the Chief [Season 4 Episode10 - Night of the Evading Dead])
Sadly, the ESRB can't label a game because of THAT, it ain't their job.

But still the reputation as a "big kid game", I personally believe that is because of the multiplayer abilities and not the single player portion itself.
Spoiler:
Show
Also I don't think halo will be like a horrible natured game like GTA heh...
I would love some gore in Halo but I doubt Infinite will be higher than 16+

The ESRB letters are such nonsence too. T for Teen? Ah so thirTEEN and eighTEEN year olds can play the same game? When does Maturity start? 16? 18? 21?
PEGI makes so much more sense.

The ESRB letters are such nonsence too. T for Teen? Ah so thirTEEN and eighTEEN year olds can play the same game? When does Maturity start? 16? 18? 21?
Just the reputation of the game should stay at M. To give it back to the old days. When you think of teen, u think of these teen kids playing a cheesy galaxy game.

Just the reputation of the game should stay at M. To give it back to the old days. When you think of teen, u think of these teen kids playing a cheesy galaxy game.
A video game's rating is a direct reflection of its content, so if it has an M rating, it has far less restrictions on its content. If a developer is aiming for a T rating, they'll censor their own ideas to achieve it. Wanting Halo to have an M rating again is about more than just how the series is perceived by people.

Do you think 343 Industries would've put the detailed death of Dr. Tillson in Halo 5: Guardians?

Unfortunately its one of many things that can keep our world divided... International bickering/arguing among authorities...

Although I personally think when defining the "maturity" of someone, that's really tricky...
Quote:
"Age is not the full definition of maturity, it is only part of it" ~ Personal Quote
Someone can have the age of an elder but still act like a spoiled 5-year-old fussing over the stupidest things, while someone else can be under 18 years old but has the wisdom and thinking patterns of an ancient...

Stereotypical thinking is simply murder...

Unfortunately its one of many things that can keep our world divided... International bickering/arguing among authorities...

Although I personally think when defining the "maturity" of someone, that's really tricky...
Quote:
"Age is not the full definition of maturity, it is only part of it" ~ Personal Quote
Someone can have the age of an elder but still act like a spoiled 5-year-old fussing over the stupidest things, while someone else can be under 18 years old but has the wisdom and thinking patterns of an ancient...

You like ur quotes!

Quote:

You like ur quotes!
Sometimes, words of wisdom from experience and persistence of various individuals (including ones own self) can inspire more people than a teacher who forcibly face-plants others into books for 5 hours by order of law or something (metaphorically speaking). One can learn more from experience or by others who suffered.
Quote:
"There is no book or teacher to give you the answers, to show you the way. Choose your own way! Do not follow me, or anyone else." ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze
... maybe I should start keeping my mouth shut on this topic, because this is kinda starting to get outta hand... being a motormouth sucks sometimes... sorry...

Quote:

You like ur quotes!
Sometimes, words of wisdom from experience and persistence of various individuals (including ones own self) can inspire more people than a teacher who forcibly face-plants others into books for 5 hours by order of law or something (metaphorically speaking). One can learn more from experience or by others who suffered.
Quote:
"There is no book or teacher to give you the answers, to show you the way. Choose your own way! Do not follow me, or anyone else." ~ Ezio Auditore da Firenze
... maybe I should start keeping my mouth shut on this topic, because this is kinda starting to get outta hand... being a motormouth sucks sometimes... sorry...
LOL ROFL. But I do hope that halo infinite is a mature game. Giving the reputation and what everyone likes about the game.
The rating is irrelevant, 343 isn't the one who puts it on there and if I had to guess I'd assume they're not trying to reach any specific rating. And killing teammates has nothing to do with the rating, I dont think that's ever been a factor for the esrb unless gore or excessive blood was involved.
Also I swear you could kill teammates in h5s campaign unless something was changed because one of my friends put a binary rifle to another friends head and we laughed for like 5 minutes while the body disintegrated straight down with out it falling over or being in some death animation.
yea I agree and they also need to stop using the word "spartan" so much
yea I agree and they also need to stop using the word "spartan" so much
There were 9 Spartans in halo 5 and spartans have been in the spotlight for most of the halo franchise, what did you expect
I think Halo should have Human enemies finally!This would raise the story above what it is with goofy aliens.
And make the game more appealing for those gamers that play Sony exclusives with artistic freedom,not to worry for the damn ratings.
I think Halo should have Human enemies finally!This would raise the story above what it is with goofy aliens.
And make the game more appealing for those gamers that play Sony exclusives with artistic freedom,not to worry for the damn ratings.
Yeah, that would be a nice thing to finally have. In Halo Wars multiplayer/skirmish modes there are a few places that are occupied by Rebels, and in the lore there were human insurrections that still persist after the human covenant war, case in point; the independent colony Meridian in Halo 5 (was once a UNSC colony before glassing). And after all; humans are rather incapable of universal unification, not just in fiction but also in real life.

The appeal factor with artistic freedom, that's ALWAYS a hard thing to perfect. Halo 4 + 5 tried but mostly failed while Wars 2 perfected it, Infinite is close (thus far) but time will tell.

Still like the idea of fighting humans properly (as an Elite or even as a Spartan somewhere)!
Halo CE level of blood should be the standard. I don't understand trying to lower the rating and appeal to kids. Kids play what ever they want.
ooblah10 wrote:
Halo CE level of blood should be the standard. I don't understand trying to lower the rating and appeal to kids. Kids play what ever they want.
What I've been trying to say.
ooblah10 wrote:
Kids want blood too in their video games😊
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3