Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

RETURN OF THE M RATING?!?! PLS??

OP YoutubeSPARTAN4

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
First off, one question. what pleasure do you receive by knowing that halo infinite will have an M rating. That doesn't change the story or themes. the only reason that the old Halos got M Ratings was because of Gore(mostly Flood). halo 5 had its share of Gore and violence. halo is evolving. Halo CE seems like a kids game compared to todays graphics. but back then they thought that halo CE was very violent and gory. I think that 343 will follow its path and make this teen. even Bunjie creator of Halo in the first place only makes teen games now. sure we would like to see the return of older themes but that should not increase the rating.
BChilly521 wrote:
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
First off, one question. what pleasure do you receive by knowing that halo infinite will have an M rating. That doesn't change the story or themes. the only reason that the old Halos got M Ratings was because of Gore(mostly Flood). halo 5 had its share of Gore and violence. halo is evolving. Halo CE seems like a kids game compared to todays graphics. but back then they thought that halo CE was very violent and gory. I think that 343 will follow its path and make this teen. even Bunjie creator of Halo in the first place only makes teen games now. sure we would like to see the return of older themes but that should not increase the rating.
As long as they can tell a good story, with the real feel of the older halo games, rating doesn't matter. If Halo CE had a T rating today, I would still play it because it still feels a bit darker than Halo 5. When 343 targeted a younger audience, that affected the story to water it down a lot. Because it was so watered down, it was a "soft" T rated game. Very little blood, more kid friendly story telling. If Halo 3 was made today, it would probably get a "hard" T rating, because there was some gore, blood, and darker themes. I would still play it even if it was T. 343 NEEDS to tell THEIR story, not something that they targeted towards younger people.

Imagine Halo 5 having the flood, but they never broke apart when killed. That wouldn't make many fans happy. Humans not bleeding at all was a major downstep from the older games. Aliens bled sometimes, but you can tell they didn't want to work much on that part because they were targeting younger people (the blood was untextured, glitched thru floors, etc)
Also in the beginning of 5, we heard that there was massive destruction on multiple planets, but we never really saw that. There were no mass casualties we saw, nothing that would make us care much about the "destruction," because 343 wanted to water down the grit of the story for younger players. Without that darker theme and being able to see the actual issue/destruction of innocent people, we didn't have a reason to care.

(By soft T, I mean closer to an almost E 10+ game, and hard T is closer to M games but not enough to be M)
BChilly521 wrote:
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
First off, one question. what pleasure do you receive by knowing that halo infinite will have an M rating. That doesn't change the story or themes. the only reason that the old Halos got M Ratings was because of Gore(mostly Flood). halo 5 had its share of Gore and violence. halo is evolving. Halo CE seems like a kids game compared to todays graphics. but back then they thought that halo CE was very violent and gory. I think that 343 will follow its path and make this teen. even Bunjie creator of Halo in the first place only makes teen games now. sure we would like to see the return of older themes but that should not increase the rating.
We need blood, gore, and swearing. I want to play as a living, breathing human killing other living aliens that also bleed when they're shot. I don't like the plastic, unrealistic, mechanical feeling that every Spartan and AI have when you move and shoot them. The creaking and spring-like noises your armor makes when you crouch in Halo 5 sounds like youre playing as a robot and your joints need wd40.
An M rating also deters squeakers, which is a plus in any game, and bad players.
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
And yet halo 5 had a bad story
BChilly521 wrote:
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
First off, one question. what pleasure do you receive by knowing that halo infinite will have an M rating. That doesn't change the story or themes. the only reason that the old Halos got M Ratings was because of Gore(mostly Flood). halo 5 had its share of Gore and violence. halo is evolving. Halo CE seems like a kids game compared to todays graphics. but back then they thought that halo CE was very violent and gory. I think that 343 will follow its path and make this teen. even Bunjie creator of Halo in the first place only makes teen games now. sure we would like to see the return of older themes but that should not increase the rating.
We need blood, gore, and swearing. I want to play as a living, breathing human killing other living aliens that also bleed when they're shot. I don't like the plastic, unrealistic, mechanical feeling that every Spartan and AI have when you move and shoot them. The creaking and spring-like noises your armor makes when you crouch in Halo 5 sounds like youre playing as a robot and your joints need wd40.
An M rating also deters squeakers, which is a plus in any game, and bad players.
Guys look all of these things affect the story. Thx man for backing me up
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
And yet halo 5 had a bad story
...what does that have to do with the m rating?
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
personally i dont know why the age rating matters cus most people dont even notice it and just play it regardless of age
also while full on gore doom style would not fit in halo is agreeable but i think at leas a bit of gibs shot off when you shoot someone or something or with the flood please let them be gibbed and there be blood leaks or something or when somethings being infected it being even more greusome then the halo 3 version cus in halo3 that stuff was greusome to watch and with new graphics it would look awsome
Valta6803 wrote:
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
And yet halo 5 had a bad story
...what does that have to do with the m rating?
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I’m saying things such as gore and small story things for mature audiences that were in the original halos weren’t in halo 5. Halo 4 had these things, yet it was M rated. Halo 5 needs a m rating to allow these things in the story
Valta6803 wrote:
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
And yet halo 5 had a bad story
...what does that have to do with the m rating?
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I’m saying things such as gore and small story things for mature audiences that were in the original halos weren’t in halo 5. Halo 4 had these things, yet it was M rated. Halo 5 needs a m rating to allow these things in the story
What you say is a very good point (I actually agree with you), but still, what I was stating earlier is that the early Halo titles shouldn't have been rated M in the first place. What you see in the them nowadays is what you would expect in a modern T-Teen shooter. Blood, shooting, a few curse words here and there, but no graphic dismemberment and excessive cursing. Halo 4 (and the early Halos) might've had the things you listed, but I don't think it was extreme enough to deserve that M rating. Do you get my drift, or am I explaining this all wrong? Please let me know.

(P.S, when you said "Halo 5 needs a m rating to allow these things in the story", did you mean Halo: Infinite, or did you mean to type 'needed'? I having a little bit of trouble understanding)
Valta6803 wrote:
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
And yet halo 5 had a bad story
...what does that have to do with the m rating?
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I’m saying things such as gore and small story things for mature audiences that were in the original halos weren’t in halo 5. Halo 4 had these things, yet it was M rated. Halo 5 needs a m rating to allow these things in the story
Blood and gore wouldn’t have saved Halo 5’s story.
I'd love to see M return, mainly because I want to see the blood splatters from the Covenant. The florescent-glowy-blue is very satisfying.

The thing I think is weird though is that Halo 5 was the first Halo where you were encouraged to kill enemy marines (Warzone). And the other games, you weren't.
I remember that one of the biggest reasons from a vi-doc from years back was that killing humans in a alien shooter was 'inhuman' hence why it never happened. Yet, they were all M rated.
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
yes I agree 100% and I do miss that "Adult Language", ODST was good at that lol
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
Even then, today if the older Halos came out for the first time they might get a T rating, but there is such a big tone difference between 5 and all the others.
Valta6803 wrote:
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
And yet halo 5 had a bad story
...what does that have to do with the m rating?
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I’m saying things such as gore and small story things for mature audiences that were in the original halos weren’t in halo 5. Halo 4 had these things, yet it was M rated. Halo 5 needs a m rating to allow these things in the story
Blood and gore wouldn’t have saved Halo 5’s story.
Halo 5 story could have been saved if they didn't target younger audiences. That was the only reason it was pretty bad. Watered down story for small kids.
I've seen this somewhere before, but the reason that Halo 5 was teen was purely because of the ESRB and not 343i. 343 stated that they hadn't tried to tailor it toward the teen rating, but instead that it just ended up being that way. Most other Halo games would be rated T, except there is usually one or two events in the campaign that push them over the edge. For example, Halo 4 is essentially rated for the same reasons that Halo 5 was, except for the scene where Tilson is killed, and you see her disintegrate. Because you can see her muscle layer underneath her skin as she disintegrates, the game was pushed into the mature rating.
halo infiinite doesn't need m rating to be enjoyable.
Valta6803 wrote:
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
And yet halo 5 had a bad story
...what does that have to do with the m rating?
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I’m saying things such as gore and small story things for mature audiences that were in the original halos weren’t in halo 5. Halo 4 had these things, yet it was M rated. Halo 5 needs a m rating to allow these things in the story
Blood and gore wouldn’t have saved Halo 5’s story.
Halo 5 story could have been saved if they didn't target younger audiences. That was the only reason it was pretty bad. Watered down story for small kids.
thats not how story telling works.

are suggesting marvel is great? cxause they are monopoly you know.

that not how devolping games work man.
So halo 5 was our first teen rating correct? As we know most people hated the story. (i don't but i'm speaking for most people) But to make matters worse 343i was like well how about we throw in m rating. Doing this removed the ability to betray our own players, which is a small detail that makes the game more realistic. Don't get me wrong I don't wont a full gore game like Gears of War. Just a real halo game like 3 and 4. Give us our m rating back pls!!! For christimas in 2020? Pls???
personally i dont know why the age rating matters cus most people dont even notice it and just play it regardless of age
also while full on gore doom style would not fit in halo is agreeable but i think at leas a bit of gibs shot off when you shoot someone or something or with the flood please let them be gibbed and there be blood leaks or something or when somethings being infected it being even more greusome then the halo 3 version cus in halo3 that stuff was greusome to watch and with new graphics it would look awsome
it doesn't need age rating. kids tehse im sure ones who don't do online only play doom single player.

ask gta 5. kid splay it. doesn't mean kids won't play cyberpunk 2077.

they find a way to convince there parents to play that one.
Valta6803 wrote:
Valta6803 wrote:
I don't think the Halo games should've been rated M in the first place. The violence throughout all the Halo games doesn't change at all, and yet Halo 5 was rated T.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif
And yet halo 5 had a bad story
...what does that have to do with the m rating?
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I’m saying things such as gore and small story things for mature audiences that were in the original halos weren’t in halo 5. Halo 4 had these things, yet it was M rated. Halo 5 needs a m rating to allow these things in the story
Blood and gore wouldn’t have saved Halo 5’s story.
Halo 5 story could have been saved if they didn't target younger audiences. That was the only reason it was pretty bad. Watered down story for small kids.
It was bad because it threw out the plot developments of the last game, assassinated the character of Cortana, and ultimately felt disconnected to the game 343 was trying to sell people. What precisely about the story was geared towards “small kids”?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9