Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Returning REQs (Weapon and Vehicles)

OP BeastSprayz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post is me asking you what REQs would you like to see make a return in Infinite (if 343 want to bring a few weapons and vehicles forward). I’m not saying 343 are gonna use REQs in Infinite as I don’t know that, but if they were to select a few of the REQs to bring forward what would you like to see.

The weapons I’d like to see 343 bring forward are as follows; The Answer, Arclight, Selene’s Lance, and the Halo 2 Battle Rifle (or just the BR55 for short).

As for what vehicle variants I’d like to see return, all the Hannibal variants as they’re just so fun to use, all the ONI variants for the same reason, and the Wasp (as a whole as H5 was its first appearance I think).
I don't want to see REQs in any Halo game ever again.
  • They are anti-consumer.
  • They ruin the challenge of unlocking cosmetics.
  • ''Quantity over quality'' philosophy, which results in lazy and uninspired armor sets.
  • Skins make weapons look more like nascars than actual lethal firearms.
No, thank you!
  • ''Quantity over quality'' philosophy, which results in lazy and uninspired armor sets.
No, thank you!
Someone didnt read the topic. Beast said what weapons and vehicles you want to see make a return, though not in the current REQ system...come on man.

Weapon wise I would say all of them tbh. Re colour the UNSC weapons so they are less showy but still distinct, the covenant weapons can keep their colours as its alien. Standard loadouts should return with attachments unlocked through progression not random drops. Not sure how you would gift power weapons and variants though...progession credits tied to both MP and campaign maybe?

Vehicles, definitely get rid of the half a dozen camo variants as individual models and allow players to unlock them, again through campaign and MP and apply it accordingly before they deploy it in game. Proper class variants like Hannibal, ONI, Temple and Ultras can all return, with more additions as well.

Its 2020 I expect more types and better quality, especially if this new xbox is basically an uber PC gaming tower disguised as a console.
No, thank you!
Someone didnt read the topic. Beast said what weapons and vehicles you want to see make a return, though not in the current REQ system...come on man.

Weapon wise I would say all of them tbh. Re colour the UNSC weapons so they are less showy but still distinct, the covenant weapons can keep their colours as its alien. Standard loadouts should return with attachments unlocked through progression not random drops. Not sure how you would gift power weapons and variants though...progession credits tied to both MP and campaign maybe?

Vehicles, definitely get rid of the half a dozen camo variants as individual models and allow players to unlock them, again through campaign and MP and apply it accordingly before they deploy it in game. Proper class variants like Hannibal, ONI, Temple and Ultras can all return, with more additions as well.

Its 2020 I expect more types and better quality, especially if this new xbox is basically an uber PC gaming tower disguised as a console.
Thanks for the well thought-out response. That’s typically rather rare nowadays on here. You’ve kinda convinced me a bit more to your side, but if there were restrictions in place per say, then what I’ve listed previously (above) would be the main things I want to see.
No, thank you!

Thanks for the well thought-out response. That’s typically rather rare nowadays on here. You’ve kinda convinced me a bit more to your side, but if there were restrictions in place per say, then what I’ve listed previously (above) would be the main things I want to see.
So it seems, that's a shame really. I really do think the weapon and vehicle variations are a great idea but I fear we could lose them given the overall bag of hot mess that was halo 5. I hope I am wrong in this case.
Spectre
Revenant
Chopper
Falcon
Memories of reach my -Yoink- that plasma rifle is from halo 2!
Void's Tear and H2 Beam Rifle Delta hands down. Love those gravity effects.

Others would be Didact's Signet, ONI and Hannibal everythings, RAZOR's EDGE.... Blood of Suban's basically the Needle Rifle so either's fine... Selene's Lance is p'amazing....

Honeslty, I'd say "Everything that isn't an "Improved" variant or a Camo skin". The Improved weapons were kinda ho-hum, and the camo skins on the UNSC vehicles just ate up filespace that could have gone towards something interesting. Plus they clogged up the Random Vehicle pool - odds are skewed towards the 'hogs (and not interesting ones like ONI, Vespin, or Sword Needler) because there's only half a dozen per type >_>
Spectre
Revenant
Chopper
Falcon
Memories of reach my -Yoink- that plasma rifle is from halo 2!
Also the reach grenade launcher, arc light, Prophet’s bane. Ever sense Memories I’d Reach Halo 5 update me and my friends have been scouring Reach the the rarely seen Phaeton Helios
Even if there isn't a Req system, I still don't want any of the req weapons to return.

Instead of having a handful of overpowered weapons and vehicles that rarely get used I would rather take a lot of the interesting weapons, tone them down to "normal" levels and just make them the standard weapon. For example I wouldn't mind taking parts of something like the Dying Star and balancing it as the "standard" Light Rifle or applying the player guided rockets of ad victoriam and giving it to another weapon.

There are so many interesting mechanics held hostage by the req weapons and vehicles that I don't want to see them squandered by being limited to campaign easter eggs, Warzone, and action sack.
WerepyreND wrote:
Even if there isn't a Req system, I still don't want any of the req weapons to return.

Instead of having a handful of overpowered weapons and vehicles that rarely get used I would rather take a lot of the interesting weapons, tone them down to "normal" levels and just make them the standard weapon. For example I wouldn't mind taking parts of something like the Dying Star and balancing it as the "standard" Light Rifle or applying the player guided rockets of ad victoriam and giving it to another weapon.

There are so many interesting mechanics held hostage by the req weapons and vehicles that I don't want to see them squandered by being limited to campaign easter eggs, Warzone, and action sack.
I can understand your point, but the standard weapon pool is already so saturated that I can’t see this happening. Is there any REQ vehicles you’d like to see though?
WerepyreND wrote:

I can understand your point, but the standard weapon pool is already so saturated that I can’t see this happening. Is there any REQ vehicles you’d like to see though?
I would agree that the weapon pool is too saturated at the moment, that is the whole idea. Take some of the less interesting parts of the sandbox and breath new life into them by replacing them with more balanced versions of the more exotic req weapons.

As for the req vehicles I'm not a big fan of them either. I don't mind color swaps or Warthog variants that change weapons, but I don't really care for vehicle reqs that are pure upgrades over the standard models. As with the weapons, if they wanted to turn say the Hannibal Mantis into the Anti-Armor variant akin the the Gauss Warthog, I wouldn't mind seeing that, just not as the pure upgrade it exists as in Halo 5. Again though, my priority is a diverse sandbox before having a large sandbox, so bonus vehicle variants beyond the usual Warthogs would be a pretty low priority for me.
I have to say I do not want reqs to return, and 343i have already cofirmred no paid loot crates and the reqs are loot crates. If free reqs do return I walk tbh, I will not support rng packs.
All the Hannibal Vehicles, Selene's Lance, and the Blood of Suban needs to return. I'd also love to see a Sparrowhawk in the game or a Vampire. Some Halo Wars reference vehicle would be cool.
eviltedi wrote:
I have to say I do not want reqs to return, and 343i have already cofirmred no paid loot crates and the reqs are loot crates. If free reqs do return I walk tbh, I will not support rng packs.
When discussing the REQs I made it clear that I was not referring to paid REQs in loot boxes. If you had read earlier posts are my actual post you would see that I made that clear. I am also aware that 343i aren’t going to use loot boxes as a form of game monetisation (mostly due to 5’s backlash).
The idea has merit, but would be tricky to pull off. The main thing with the REQ vehicles and weapons WAS that they were over the top and crazy. Toning that down, so (some) of their mechanics fit the main sandbox will be tricky. Let's take the already suggested Dying Star, Adding that delayed explosive effect to the standard Lightrifle of Halo:Infinite would be cool as all heck, but you'd need to either:

a. Reduce base damage significantly to offset the added delayed explosive damage.
b. Keep the damage as is, but replace the explosion damage with concussive force (i.e sort of merge the Lightrifle and Concussion Rifle).

You also have to be mindful of how this will impact the campaign experience. Imagine being fired upon by a half a dozen mini-Dying Stars on Legendary. And that's just for one weapon.

Again, I think your idea is cool, and the weapon sandbox can always benefit from some mixup. At the very least having the Hunter cannons be a pick up, would be super cool way to add flavor to campaign missions for Infinite.
The idea has merit, but would be tricky to pull off. The main thing with the REQ vehicles and weapons WAS that they were over the top and crazy. Toning that down, so (some) of their mechanics fit the main sandbox will be tricky. Let's take the already suggested Dying Star, Adding that delayed explosive effect to the standard Lightrifle of Halo:Infinite would be cool as all heck, but you'd need to either:

a. Reduce base damage significantly to offset the added delayed explosive damage.
b. Keep the damage as is, but replace the explosion damage with concussive force (i.e sort of merge the Lightrifle and Concussion Rifle).

You also have to be mindful of how this will impact the campaign experience. Imagine being fired upon by a half a dozen mini-Dying Stars on Legendary. And that's just for one weapon.

Again, I think your idea is cool, and the weapon sandbox can always benefit from some mixup. At the very least having the Hunter cannons be a pick up, would be super cool way to add flavor to campaign missions for Infinite.
I think the Hunter canons would quite literally have to be ripped off the dead Hunter worms arm segment, could be a nice little action that would add depth to the game experience. I do see where you’re coming from with how crazy and rampant some of the legendary REQs can be, but if you ignore balancing etc, any you would want to see? I know we can’t ignore that big question, but in a perfect hypothetical scenario, which weapon/vehicles would you want to see return.

I don't think its really all that tricky to pull off unless making a sandbox that has both variety and depth is too much to ask for. I'm not suggesting we just nerf something like the Dying Star and make it the Standard Light Rifle, rather take the most interesting part of it, the sticky explosive, and apply that somewhere in the sandbox in place of a less interesting option.

Not including req weapons or DLC, Halo 5 already had 5 precision weapons, 4 automatic spray weapons, 2 sniper rifles, 2 shotguns, 3 tracking weapons that are all tripping over each other within more or less the same niches. We don't have to settle for such superficial options when we have more exotic req weapons as well as weapons/mechanics from Halo's past to pull from.

All the ingredients are there to make a Halo sandbox that has both depth and variety without going overboard with a bunch of extraneous variants, we just have to make smart choices about which weapons to include with what mechanics :)

I think the Hunter canons would quite literally have to be ripped off the dead Hunter worms arm segment, could be a nice little action that would add depth to the game experience. I do see where you’re coming from with how crazy and rampant some of the legendary REQs can be, but if you ignore balancing etc, any you would want to see? I know we can’t ignore that big question, but in a perfect hypothetical scenario, which weapon/vehicles would you want to see return.
You already mentioned it in the opening post, but I'd love to see the Wasp return. IMO, it's way more fun to use than the Hornet ever was. Ideally, I would want it to be based on the ONI Wasp since the base Wasp is a bit to squishy. I could also see something like the Hannibal Scorpion/Mantis being part of a campaign mission. Let's say the Infinity was farrying one of the prototypes when the Guardians struct and the Chief has to retrieve it. So you hop into that bad boy and then 3 Scarabs drop down. Que epic music.
eviltedi wrote:
When discussing the REQs I made it clear that I was not referring to paid REQs in loot boxes. If you had read earlier posts are my actual post you would see that I made that clear. I am also aware that 343i aren’t going to use loot boxes as a form of game monetisation (mostly due to 5’s backlash).
I did read it. If you read my reply you'll see I have an issue with reqs and rng too. I will not support rng loot crate systems, either paid or free. I don't want Halo Infinite to have any reqs, either returning, new or part of any other loot based system. Adding weapons and vehicles in reqs ruined Halo 5 for me.
everything except "The Answer", "Tartarus' Gavel", "Prophet's Bane", and the Hydra Launcher.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2