Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Reward Competitive Halo 5 Players in Halo Infinite

OP Seraph Instinct

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Now that we know that players in Halo 5 who've attained Level 152 will receive a reward in Halo Infinite, I would like to make a suggestion to reward competitive player's who attained Champ 1 in any playlist with over 3000+ CSR (or) players who maintained their Champ 1 until the end of the season.

Competitive Halo 5 players are players who don't spend time in high XP playlists such as Warzone/Infection/Grifball). So I believe they deserve their own reward since they spent as much playtime or more playtime than a Level 152 but simply couldn't get the appropriate XP to represent that playtime.
Now that we know that players in Halo 5 who've attained Level 152 will receive a reward in Halo Infinite, I would like to make a suggestion to reward competitive player's who attained Champ 1 in any playlist with over 3000+ CSR (or) players who maintained their Champ 1 until the end of the season.

Competitive Halo 5 players are players who don't spend time in high XP playlists such as Warzone/Infection/Grifball). So I believe they deserve their own reward since they spent as much playtime or more playtime than a Level 152 but simply couldn't get the appropriate XP to represent that playtime.
After that they can give a reward to everyone that achieved something tough in the game until everyone gets a trophy. I think they are just rewarding people who have played a ton of Halo on their account, people that truly enjoy the game for what it is. If they add other rewards it will be awesome, but getting a 152 was actually reward enough for me even knowing all I got was a symbol.

After that they can give a reward to everyone that achieved something tough in the game until everyone gets a trophy. I think they are just rewarding people who have played a ton of Halo on their account, people that truly enjoy the game for what it is. If they add other rewards it will be awesome, but getting a 152 was actually reward enough for me even knowing all I got was a symbol.
I'm playing Halo for what it is and not grinding mindlessly as Warzone/Infection/Grifball are not challenging and fun for me as it is for lesser experienced/knowledgeable players(Including level 152's).

I've grinded to get the champion 1 rank multiple times because that's what I enjoy in Halo 5. If I wasn't as good as I am now at the game I would definitely enjoy Warzone over Arena. Or more "fun"/relaxing playlists. But for me, those don't make me have fun just dominating as there's no challenge.

We should have 343 reward everyone.
Being the top player in a playlist definitely seems like a more reward worthy accomplishment than reaching the maximum progression level in the game, so I could definitely get behind this even though there's nothing in it for me.
I’m definitely not the best but I’m pretty “good” I found being comp was just because it was fun not for some reward. Thouuuugh I wouldn’t be against a reward for those who have reached that tier
I'm all for rewards! They don't have to be anything crazy. Like some mentioned, even just an emblem would be cool. I'd love something for simply playing Halo 5 on a regular basis.

Although that totally isn't me it'd be cool to see.

I'm playing Halo for what it is and not grinding mindlessly as Warzone/Infection/Grifball are not challenging and fun for me as it is for lesser experienced/knowledgeable players(Including level 152's).

I've grinded to get the champion 1 rank multiple times because that's what I enjoy in Halo 5. If I wasn't as good as I am now at the game I would definitely enjoy Warzone over Arena. Or more "fun"/relaxing playlists. But for me, those don't make me have fun just dominating as there's no challenge.

So you want this reward for all of your smurf accounts then? 152's would only get it on their main account. I'm not saying I am against the idea of a reward for Champ 1's, just saying it might cause some issues.
<p></p>
In all honesty, the rewards will probably be of little value or benefit anyway. I wouldn't sweat it.
While we are at it lets reward those who bought the most REQ packs........... Lets get real, that's what halo 5 was all about anyway.

Besides these are the days of no child left behind, shouldn't the kids with the most access to mommy's credit card get the biggest reward? H5 already said 343 thinks so.
I say reward players for reaching the highest rank in Halo 3....
Id much prefer earning a reward for a competive accomplishment in MCC....and this coming from someone who hasn’t really touched MCC that much.
Nadesicle wrote:
Awwww, I was only a 49. Lol
Lol I guess it truly is almost 2019 where everyone thinks they deserve a reward. I totally understand that champ 1 is a huge achievement but let's be reasonable guys. For starters every reward I've ever seen in halo since halo 3 has been able to be accomplished by everyone IN THAT GAME. Whether it was getting all DLC achievements or grinding so much xp that you wonder if you could have learned a foreign language in that time spent (reach /halo 5) and champ 1 isn't attainable for majority of players. That should be a reward in itself. The fact of it is there should be more too halo infinite in game rewards and accomplishments than to the previous games. Making all the rewards to a new game only available to those who have played older ones will only annoy most players playing the new game. And what about those switching to pc from xbox..? Let's focus on making halo infinite the best game possible and not turn it into who has the bigger plasma pistol.

So you want this reward for all of your smurf accounts then? 152's would only get it on their main account. I'm not saying I am against the idea of a reward for Champ 1's, just saying it might cause some issues.
<p></p>
I got the Timmy helmet multiple times I don't see the problem

Edit: Smurfs in Halo 5 gain no advantage except in the first 2 games. Every time I make a smurf I get perfections in my first two games, but the third game I match champs. So the system detects my real skill quickly.
Lol I guess it truly is almost 2019 where everyone thinks they deserve a reward. I totally understand that champ 1 is a huge achievement but let's be reasonable guys. For starters every reward I've ever seen in halo since halo 3 has been able to be accomplished by everyone IN THAT GAME. Whether it was getting all DLC achievements or grinding so much xp that you wonder if you could have learned a foreign language in that time spent (reach /halo 5) and champ 1 isn't attainable for majority of players. That should be a reward in itself. The fact of it is there should be more too halo infinite in game rewards and accomplishments than to the previous games. Making all the rewards to a new game only available to those who have played older ones will only annoy most players playing the new game. And what about those switching to pc from xbox..? Let's focus on making halo infinite the best game possible and not turn it into who has the bigger plasma pistol.
Why does it harm you or other players if there was a reward for champ 1? Like what's really bad about it.

Edit: If it's possible, it's possible. You can't say people are not capable. I use to be below average in terms of skill before but the concept of champ ranks especially champ 1 got me intrigued. And champ 1 isn't a reward it's an achievement. Need a mark for it at least with emblems, armor, or anything.

Can everyone get the pig helmet? No only forgers who manage to get their map into matchmaking.

Rewards are encouraging and make you feel that the developer cares about your achievements. Has nothing to do with memes and 2019.
Nadesicle wrote:
The highest rank in Halo 3 was very quick to get, it is equivalent to a Diamond rank in Halo 5. I remember Joshua Menke saying this himself.
Why does it harm you or other players if there was a reward for champ 1? Like what's really bad about it.

Edit: If it's possible, it's possible. You can't say people are not capable. I use to be below average in terms of skill before but the concept of champ ranks especially champ 1 got me intrigued. And champ 1 isn't a reward it's an achievement. Need a mark for it at least with emblems, armor, or anything.

Can everyone get the pig helmet? No only forgers who manage to get their map into matchmaking.

Rewards are encouraging and make you feel that the developer cares about your achievements. Has nothing to do with memes and 2019.
I said that champ 1 isn't attainable by majority of players not impossible. Everyone cant get it as its 1 single rank and its unlike a level 50 were a lot of people can have max rank at the same time and I do agree you should receive a reward for hitting champion level but not for the previous game. Make it a in game reward for halo infinite. My whole point is too make infinite worth playing/grinding more. Rewards should be for accomplishments for THAT game not a new game that a champ 1 could possibly be awful at playing.
Nadesicle wrote:
The highest rank in Halo 3 was very quick to get, it is equivalent to a Diamond rank in Halo 5. I remember Joshua Menke saying this himself.
Woah there. Idk what you're talking about. The highest rank I ever got in Halo 3 was around 44 or 45ish, yet lvl 48 and above would still blow me out of the water most times I matched with them, and 3-5 star lvl 50s? Forget about it. A level 50 in Halo 3 was far more skilled than a Diamond player in Halo 5. Unless you've mistakenly compared the PVT-GEN ranks of Halo 3 to the Bronze-Champ ranks in Halo 5, which are representations of two different things, one is skill and one experience.

Some Diamond players in Halo 5 are so average I have no idea how anyone could think they're the equivalent to a Halo 3 50.
What about a pack for playing Halo 5 around release date?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2