Skip to main content
THIS POST CONTAINS A BIT OF LORE IN IT! JUST WARNING YOU IF YOU ARE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH THE LORE. (its only a small bit but im trying to keep spoilers away from people who are not caught up)

so according to halo lore, the one and only master chief dies on October 27th, 2560 in the line of duty on the planet meridian. Halo infinite takes place in the year 2560... hrmmm.... I feel like I'm over thinking this. will we be going to meridian at some point? only 343 knows whats going to happen. What do you guys think?

edit: I may have misunderstand it, because its just a theory, but idk...

edit 2: I have a smooth square brain right now... Because I lost track of the lore cause of school reasons lol.

thanks to TheDonCJG for updating me on my halo-stuff knowledge. Please do not reply to this post anymore because I have no idea on how to lock the post so people can't reply anymore.
THIS POST CONTAINS A BIT OF LORE IN IT! JUST WARNING YOU IF YOU ARE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH THE LORE (its only a small bit but im trying to keep spoilers away from people who are not caught up)

so according to halo lore, the one and only master chief dies on October 27th, 2560 in the line of duty on the planet meridian. Halo infinite takes place in the year 2560... hrmmm.... I feel like I'm over thinking this. will we be going to meridian at some point? only 343 knows whats going to happen. What do you guys think?
Got a source for the lore?

Also...considering Infinite is set in Zeta Halo, doesn’t seem like we’re gonna see this happen.
And the fact that Infinite is a soft reboot, why kill of the main character. Can’t see it happening
TheDonCJG wrote:
THIS POST CONTAINS A BIT OF LORE IN IT! JUST WARNING YOU IF YOU ARE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH THE LORE (its only a small bit but im trying to keep spoilers away from people who are not caught up)

Also...considering Infinite is set in Zeta Halo, doesn’t seem like we’re gonna see this happen.
And the fact that Infinite is a soft reboot, why kill of the main character. Can’t see it happening
here is the source i used: https://halopodcast.com/blogs/articles/why-master-chief-will-die-in-halo-infinite
its from 2019 and just a theory tho...
TheDonCJG wrote:

here is the source i used: https://halopodcast.com/blogs/articles/why-master-chief-will-die-in-halo-infinite
I’m gonna say that information is way out of date.
Your source says Infinite will conclude the Reclaimer storyline - that has kind of been scrapped as a story after they announced Infinite would be a soft reboot.

Chief won’t be dying any time soon. As a theory I see where they’re coming from but Xbox dropping Halo just doesn’t seem to be the reality we live in
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

Your source says Infinite will conclude the Reclaimer storyline - that has kind of been scrapped as a story after they announced Infinite would be a soft reboot.

Chief won’t be dying any time soon. As a theory I see where they’re coming from but Xbox dropping Halo just doesn’t seem to be the reality we live in
so i did misunderstand it and i was just being dumb... well thank you for making my brain less of a smooth square halo-wise.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

so i did misunderstand it and i was just being dumb... well thank you for making my brain less of a smooth square halo-wise.
I don’t think it’s a misunderstanding per say, more so that that information wasn’t particularly relevant or accurate compared to newer information since then.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:

I don’t think it’s a misunderstanding per say, more so that that information wasn’t particularly relevant or accurate compared to newer information since then.
i couldn't find a better word to describe it so i just used misunderstanding/misunderstand lol
I believe killing Master Chief was the long term plan when they introduced Spartan Locke, but since 343 failed to make we care for him it's more likely that poor Locke is the one who dies in Infinite.
I believe in Halo 5's marketing the UNSC said Chief died when he went AWOL.
How far does the lore go into the future? I don't read the books but I remember seeing commercials back in the day with 80+ year old marine veterans talking about how Chief saved them. Band of Brothers style.
I believe killing Master Chief was the long term plan when they introduced Spartan Locke, but since 343 failed to make we care for him it's more likely that poor Locke is the one who dies in Infinite.
Yeah, and Mega Construx already leaked that. The one good thing Locke did for the series was ensure 343 doesn't kill Chief off with his negative reception.
Yeah, and Mega Construx already leaked that. The one good thing Locke did for the series was ensure 343 doesn't kill Chief off with his negative reception.
This was clarified a while back in case you missed it:
https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1278789206194581504
Quote:
While we unfortunately had toy leaks earlier this year, products appearing now are all expected and part of the road map. We wouldn’t intentionally spoil key game details so don’t read too much into anything. Not every collectible is a literal tie-in to the game.
this more of a political, non lore take but i feel they'd be too scared to kill off the chief cuz tlou2 existed
this more of a political, non lore take but i feel they'd be too scared to kill off the chief cuz tlou2 existed
Infinite's story would have been long-finished by the time TLOU2 released, so I don't think TLOU2 has anything to do with Infinite's story direction.
I don't think they are going to kill off Master Chief, even if an article states so, they will probably just put him back into the space freezer until the universe needs him again.