Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

RPG ELEMENTS CONFIRMED?

OP Palumpalumpa

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
343 Industries is looking for a senior system designer with "familiarity with RPG and shooter game mechanics"

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/562303/Senior-Systems-Designer

https://www.resetera.com/threads/according-to-job-listings-halo-6-may-have-rpg-elements.88176/

Good or bad? What are your feelings?
I don't know. It really all depends on how the game itself is set up, if it is linear then no. If it is more open/open world than little elements is OK
I don't know. It really all depends on how the game itself is set up, if it is linear then no. If it is more open/open world than little elements is OK
I'm scared
I don't want to see a level 10 elite, a level 50 grunt, a level 1, 2 or 3 Mjolnir with different health, a BR with +2 range or an AR with +3 rate of fire and stuff like that
I don't want to see the weapon stuff really. Maybe it just is a change in enemy equipment and variety in there strengths. Like in MGSV:PP as you progressed and became more skilled, so did the enemies.
I don't want to see the weapon stuff really. Maybe it just is a change in enemy equipment and variety in there strengths. Like in MGSV:PP as you progressed and became more skilled, so did the enemies.
Enemies with different equipement and different strengths have always been delivered in Halo games. Like different elites of different colours with different weapons.
The core problem here is that I want to become stonger becouse more skilled, not becouse I found a weapon with better stats, an armor with more health or becouse of grinding, XP and stuff like that
Maybe they are gonna make the weapon and vehicle strengths and weaknesses more noticable,
-Like plasma weapons get shield dmg bonus but dmg reduction against health
-kinetic bolts and other hardlight projectiles get a damage bonus against health and armor(vehicles, knight and hunter armor etc.)
-armor(vehicles/hunters/knights) get damage reduction against human ballistic weapons, but get weaker against particle beam weaponry and explosives
Things like that. Kind of what mass effect 3 and borderlands have: fire/corrosive against armor shock against shields etc.

I would like to see something like that. So ppl will use less battle rifles against warden eternal(if we will fight him again) and more beam, kinetic or explosive weapons instead
Enemies with different equipement and different strengths have always been delivered in Halo games. Like different elites of different colours with different weapons.
The core problem here is that I want to become stonger becouse more skilled, not becouse I found a weapon with better stats, an armor with more health or becouse of grinding, XP and stuff like that
I know that. But what I guess I worded it weird, but what I meant was that you run into more skilled enemies more frequently.
Maybe they are gonna make the weapon and vehicle strengths and weaknesses more noticable,
-kinetic bolts and other hardlight projectiles get a damage bonus against health and armor(vehicles, knight and hunter armor etc.)
-armor(vehicles/hunters/knights) get damage reduction against human ballistic weapons, but get weaker against particle beam weaponry and explosives
Things like that. Kind of what mass effect 3 and borderlands have: fire/corrosive against armor shock against shields etc.
I would like to see something like that. So ppl will use less battle rifles against warden eternal(if we will fight him again) and more beam, kinetic or explosive weapons instead
I like what he said though. More of an emphasis on somewhat logical things. You shouldn't be able to butt -yoink- a scorpion with small arms fire. I don't know about the statistics and levels on enemies and whatnot, but I like this.
Interesting, this role-playing elements sounds better, thank you
I know that. But what I guess I worded it weird, but what I meant was that you run into more skilled enemies more frequently.
I like what he said though. More of an emphasis on somewhat logical things. You shouldn't be able to butt -yoink- a scorpion with small arms fire. I don't know about the statistics and levels on enemies and whatnot, but I like this.
Yeah vehicles could be made like h2a, where small arms fire(in this case human ballistic weapons) don't do ANY damage to (heavy)vehicles
I kinda like that, my only concern in that regard is I don't want to see damage numbers, criticals or "ineffective" flying around on screen so at least they should give us the chance to disable visual stats
You know, I enjoyed Destiny for what it was but I played it for two weeks and then put it down. If Halo 6 goes down this road I will feel very apprehensive.
I heard it’s just the Campaign

But in my opinion I really don’t have a good feeling about a Halo game that behaves similar to Destiny or Borderlands RPG elements (Hyped For Borderlands 3 but)
Frank O'Connor recently tweeted "exploration will be rewarded". How important exploration is in Halo: Infinite is not known and what level of "rewards" is also unknown. I mean, exploring in the past halo's rewards us with skulls and terminals but really not that much else. I feel like HI will have some time of open world elements to it.
I think H6 will be similar to Destiny. it I just hope they don't force me to play PPE.
LuKr4SH wrote:
I think H6 will be similar to Destiny. it I just hope they don't force me to play PPE.
I hope it won't. I kinda liked Destiny but it isn't what I'm looking for when I play an Halo game. And force us to be always online would be a terribile choise.
maxammo365 wrote:
Frank O'Connor recently tweeted "exploration will be rewarded". How important exploration is in Halo: Infinite is not known and what level of "rewards" is also unknown. I mean, exploring in the past halo's rewards us with skulls and terminals but really not that much else. I feel like HI will have some time of open world elements to it.
I don't know if Halo Infinite will be an open world game but I hope it will have a very big environment. Exploration could be rewarded also with power ups like active camo and overshield or better weapons like a rocket louncher as in the past. However I guess there is something more
maxammo365 wrote:
I don't know if Halo Infinite will be an open world game but I hope it will have a very big environment. Exploration could be rewarded also with power ups like active camo and overshield or better weapons like a rocket louncher as in the past. However i guess there is something more
Yeah, that's what I mean. In the campaign, exploring usually pays off in those areas you mentioned. It could be more rewarding in HI if they make it more open.
I kinda like that, my only concern in that regard is I don't want to see damage numbers, criticals or "ineffective" flying around on screen so at least they should give us the chance to disable visual stats
Well plasma weapons already do more shield dmg so im not worrying too much about it
maxammo365 wrote:
I don't know if Halo Infinite will be an open world game but I hope it will have a very big environment. Exploration could be rewarded also with power ups like active camo and overshield or better weapons like a rocket louncher as in the past. However i guess there is something more
In halo 5 exploration got rewarded by with reqs as well, loathsome thing(scattershot), didacts signet, twin jewels, white scar
Also vehicles like ultra ghosts etc
I heard it’s just the Campaign

But in my opinion I really don’t have a good feeling about a Halo game that behaves similar to Destiny or Borderlands RPG elements (Hyped For Borderlands 3 but)
Yeah, honestly halo needs o, well, BE HALO, stick to the basics, stick to tried and true. They can't save their sinking franchise by constantly abandoning their older fanbases in search of new ones.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3