Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Ruining the halo franchise

OP Enlight 9

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think it looks cool, really excited to see MP and can't wait for it to drop!
I don't think its a failure, they just want to appeal to the younger audiences
Before the demo, I would disagreed with this sentiment. I enjoyed Halo 4 and 5, and would have taken another game similar. But this...? I'm not exaggerating when I say my interest in the game is gone, and buying a Series X has taken a back seat.
Enlight 9 wrote:
Halo has always been known to be outstanding, with Halo 1, 2, 3, and 5 making miraculous debuts.

halo infinite looks like an absolute failure.

who organized the development behind this?

it honestly feels like Halo’s lesser, 2nd cousin once removed..
And 5? I don’t know about that man worst selling halo game to date
theyre trying to keep up with modern sense of gaming. I think they did a tremendous job of hyping up everyone and the world premier looked incredible.
Enlight 9 wrote:
Halo has always been known to be outstanding, with Halo 1, 2, 3, and 5 making miraculous debuts.

In what way was h5 miraculous?
Look bottom line they're has always been some level of hate with each new title even with halo 2 3 and reach all of which are beloved now just give it some time. If anything is the lesser cousin it's the story writing h4-5.
As for development isn't it like Bonnie Ross?
Enlight 9 wrote:

Agreed. From graphics to gameplay, (basespeed ultraslow, therefore idiotic sprint mechanic) this does not look good.
Enlight 9 wrote:

Look bottom line they're has always been some level of hate with each new title even with halo 2 3 and reach all of which are beloved now just give it some time. If anything is the lesser cousin it's the story writing h4-5.
Halo 5 had the largest esports tournament in history boasting a $2.5 million prize pool, setting the stage for esports to prosper.

halo has a reputation of doing things that have never been done before, and doing them well.
Enlight 9 wrote:

Halo 5 is the fastest selling game in the halo franchise history..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/11/04/halo-5-was-the-biggest-launch-in-halo-history/amp/
I haven't been this excited for a Halo game since the last one.

I got a few issues with it, but I welcome change and have no issues with the art style. Gun play looks like it will be fun.
Enlight 9 wrote:
Enlight 9 wrote:

Halo 5 is the fastest selling game in the halo franchise history..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/11/04/halo-5-was-the-biggest-launch-in-halo-history/amp/
This figure is already confirmed to include console sales and even controllers, which the older releases didn't include or sometimes not even had.
H5G had the least sales of the mainline series, selling even less than ODST (at least during the launch window).
Enlight 9 wrote:
Enlight 9 wrote:

Halo 5 had the largest esports tournament in history boasting a $2.5 million prize pool, setting the stage for esports to prosper.

halo has a reputation of doing things that have never been done before, and doing them well.
and who was watching those tournaments?
Enlight 9 wrote:
Enlight 9 wrote:

I don't see how e sports makes it "miraculous" but too each their own I got into halo to play with friends and 5 killed that.
Not sure what your second comment has to do with our conversation but I don't disagree.
Enlight 9 wrote:

I don't think it will be a failure, but there's no necessity to buy at launch.
The other main part of the game will be ready trought an update,after couple of months. This kind of thing I don't enjoy it.
Anyways, I wouldn't mind it if they put the sprint, thrusters and other kind of stuff, unlike other people on this forum.
The game it's just incomplete!
The last main advantage of making the pre-order, if the players want, it's to enjoy the lifetime since launch of the game, because it's incomplete. Some probably will gave up buying the game at launch, others just gave up, and others like me, will wait for the updates to get the full experience of the game.
And the worst of all things: I don't feel I wouldn't be missing anything.
Enlight 9 wrote:
Enlight 9 wrote:

The money attracts those Halo 5 players not the fun of playing Halo 5 itself. Just look at the view counts on youtube for searching "Halo 3 Recon Armor" and tell me if there's anything out there on Halo 5 that does numbers like that.
What are you talking about? The game looks awesome. It's far from a failure.
Enlight 9 wrote:
Enlight 9 wrote:

Microsoft had to sponsor that tournament themselves otherwise no one else would. On top of that I don't know of a single person that watched that tournament.

Classic Halo was big enough that the community ended up building its own tournament league around it and that league ended up being broadcast on TNT and G4. I consider that a much greater accomplishment than a multibillion dollar corporation throwing a couple mill towards a tourney for a game no one likes in a failed attempt to boost sales and players.
Halo 5? Everyone hated halo 5 at launch. It was missing half the stuff, had a horrible story, and all the cosemetics were locked behind req packs. A lot of people still hate halo 5.
Halo 5 and miraculous debut don't belong in the same sentence.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2