Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

rumor on 343 executives

OP HaloCrysisKIA88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
so Brad Sam's posted a rumor saying more executives are leaving 343i keep in mind this is the guy who said game would be split in 2 with campaign out this year and said it would skip xbox one and gameplay would be at e3 in my eyes this dude's credibility is shothttps://segmentnext.com/2019/09/16/rumor-343i-executives-leaving-halo-infinite-development-concerns-rise/
So why are we taking his rumours seriously if his credibility has been undermined? I was not at all bothered by Tim Longo's departure, his contribution to Halo was far from popular. In fact, judging by the consensus on the forums, his additions - squad mechanics, smart link, etc. - weren't so well received. So long as the likes of Chris Lee and Dan Chosich stay where they are, i see no reason to worry.
Depending on who it is could be really bad. Might have another H5 on our hands.
I'm not well versed in the process of game design, as I assume is the case for the majority of people on these forums, but at roughly a year out from release I would assume that many of the key aspects of the game's direction (like the story) have been determined at this point. Assuming rumors from a source the has proven to be unreliable are true, it might not have as big of an effect on the game as you might think. If the development teams have been given their direction and the deadline for release doesn't have an opportunity to change (Project Scarlet release title) then it should be heads down getting the work done.

You could make theorize that executives could be leaving due to disagreements about what Halo Infinite should be, but that also doesn't mean that the people leaving necessarily had the best ideas for the game either. You could just as easily theorize that the executives might have done their part to get the game where it needed to be and are moving on to other projects.
I'm not well versed in the process of game design, as I assume is the case for the majority of people on these forums, but at roughly a year out from release I would assume that many of the key aspects of the game's direction (like the story) have been determined at this point. Assuming rumors from a source the has proven to be unreliable are true, it might not have as big of an effect on the game as you might think. If the development teams have been given their direction and the deadline for release doesn't have an opportunity to change (Project Scarlet release title) then it should be heads down getting the work done.
This is functionally accurate. At this point in Infinite's development storeyline, mechanics, and general "theme" has been determined. The last year of game development is usually just testing, bug fixing, and general QA. This is why many (such as myself) said Longo's departure wasn't actually a big deal for Infinite. The creative direction has been determined by now.

You could make theorize that executives could be leaving due to disagreements about what Halo Infinite should be, but that also doesn't mean that the people leaving necessarily had the best ideas for the game either. You could just as easily theorize that the executives might have done their part to get the game where it needed to be and are moving on to other projects.
I hope you're right and even if the rumors are true, development wouldn't be affected that much but at the end of the day it just depends on who's in charge. I'm actually happy Tim Longo left and that's why I said "depending on who it is". Could be a good thing or bad, it's just the unknown of who might be leaving and why that makes me nervous.
Rumors are rumors. I wouldn't put too much thought into them.
I just don't know what going on with Halo infinite since we lost the creative director.

I hope 343 can see what The coalition did with gears 5 since they did an awesome job with gears 5 and I was quite impressed with it.
AMA4N wrote:
I just don't know what going on with Halo infinite since we lost the creative director.

I hope 343 can see what The coalition did with gears 5 since they did an awesome job with gears 5 and I was quite impressed with it.
The 2 coalition entries and 1 remaster have stayed mostly true to the gears formula, therefore keeping most of the past player base and attracting new ones as well. I'm really impressed with the quality of gears with coalition at the helm.. 343i,,,,,,has big hill to climb.
AMA4N wrote:
Seriously ? Gears 5 has great graphics and a good story, it's also fun on the rare occasion it works. However, the in game store is obscene, the prices are disgusting for a full priced game, it's a grind fest again, we cannot have duplicate characters in horde due to classes, certain characters have loadouts, pings are ranging from 0ms to over 300ms in the same match etc, etc, etc.

Progression remains broken, I have completed the game several times and my progression has been stuck at 86% for two weeks. My collectables are not registering when picked up in many cases, and the list goes on. The game is a broken bug fest for many at this time, they even released a patch on the 17th that didn't work and stopped players updating and being unable to play at all.

I hope 343i do see what a mess the Coalition have made, and avoid it.
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
Seriously ? Gears 5 has great graphics and a good story, it's also fun on the rare occasion it works. However, the in game store is obscene, the prices are disgusting for a full priced game, it's a grind fest again, we cannot have duplicate characters in horde due to classes, certain characters have loadouts, pings are ranging from 0ms to over 300ms in the same match etc, etc, etc.

Progression remains broken, I have completed the game several times and my progression has been stuck at 86% for two weeks. My collectables are not registering when picked up in many cases, and the list goes on. The game is a broken bug fest for many at this time, they even released a patch on the 17th that didn't work and stopped players updating and being unable to play at all.

Mcc still holds the crown ,,,,,,,,,by a comfortable margin
, those ping margins are standard for any overseas players trying to play halo.
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Does not matter who holds the crown. Gears 5 is a broken mess for many at this time and it's an example I would like 343i not to follow. As I said good story, very pretty but broken.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Does not matter who holds the crown. Gears 5 is a broken mess for many at this time and it's an example I would like 343i not to follow. As I said good story, very pretty but broken.
You've got it backward though mate , 343 set the example of dodgy broken releases. It's not like gears 5 won't be supported and fixed . Your concerns really are at the shallow end of the pool when you consider the 343i comparison
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

You've got it backward though mate , 343 set the example of dodgy broken releases. It's not like gears 5 won't be supported and fixed . Your concerns really are at the shallow end of the pool when you consider the 343i comparison
MCC was an outsourced game. So lets compare games that were made in-house. Which one of 343i's in-house titles were broken messes? Not Halo 4. And i don't think Halo 5 was either, although it had a startling lack of content at launch.
Quote:
It's not like gears 5 won't be supported and fixed
Which is something that shouldn't be happening in the first place. If the game is being released to the public, it should be finished. It doesn't matter if 343i or any other company also does this, or the severity that it happens. It shouldn't be happening at all. In other words, "it's going to get supported and fixed" isn't an excuse.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

MCC was an outsourced game. So lets compare games that were made in-house. Which one of 343i's in-house titles were broken messes? Not Halo 4. And i don't think Halo 5 was either, although it had a startling lack of content at launch.
Quote:
It's not like gears 5 won't be supported and fixed
Which is something that shouldn't be happening in the first place. If the game is being released to the public, it should be finished. It doesn't matter if 343i or any other company also does this, or the severity that it happens. It shouldn't be happening at all. In other words, "it's going to get supported and fixed" isn't an excuse.
Interesting logic there champ , 343 if outsourcing are absolved of the mcc launch issues and subsequent 4 years until they fixed it . Ummmmm ok . Under your logic Every dev and publisher should start outsourcing then ,
You are absolutely correct that games shouldn't released broken and buggy at all , but sadly that isn't the current reality of gaming .so it actually does matter if a dev supports and fixes the product after launch .
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Interesting logic there champ , 343 if outsourcing are absolved of the mcc launch issues and subsequent 4 years until they fixed it . Ummmmm ok . Under your logic Every dev and publisher should start outsourcing then
Thats not even remotely close to what i implied. What i was saying was to compare apples to apples, rather than apples to oranges, which i'm sure you're well aware of, but you needed to have your five seconds of sass, i suppose.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

I got nothing backwards. I don't care who is worse, it's time these companies got it right and many games before MCC were a broken mess. Especially where Bungie are concerned, if anyone messed up it was them, they nearly went under because of it too, I could continue to throw dirt at many developers of broken games, but that's not the point.

The point is I do not want 343i following any of TC's ideas, or taking examples from them as Gears 5 is a mess and shameless cash grab, and it being supported and fixed is not acceptable, it should not have been released in its current state. As for executives leaving ? That may or may not have an impact on Halo Infinite, we know too little about the development to make anything other than assumptions.
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

I got nothing backwards. I don't care who is worse, it's time these companies got it right and many games before MCC were a broken mess. Especially where Bungie are concerned, if anyone messed up it was them, they nearly went under because of it too, I could continue to throw dirt at many developers of broken games, but that's not the point.

The point is I do not want 343i following any of TC's ideas, or taking examples from them as Gears 5 is a mess and shameless cash grab, and it being supported and fixed is not acceptable, it should not have been released in its current state. As for executives leaving ? That may or may not have an impact on Halo Infinite, we know too little about the development to make anything other than assumptions.
I haven't played gears nearly as much as you Eviltedi , I haven't had any issues with it thus far but my playtime is still in campaign and a limited playtime mp whereas yours is quite extensive compared to mine . . I did notice ping times are higher but having said that it seems the mcc pings have also risen since ithe gears release , I'm guessing they are using the same servers but again only my thoughts no facts .
I'm not sure what you mean about the bungie games being a broken mess ?
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

yeah true, its on a broken launch but MCC is doing better than we expected and we will be getting flight testing in Halo Infinite, hopefully we don't get a broken launch again.
AMA4N wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

yeah true, its on a broken launch but MCC is doing better than we expected and we will be getting flight testing in Halo Infinite, hopefully we don't get a broken launch again.
Flights should help things a significant amount.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3