2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
I hope 343 can see what The coalition did with gears 5 since they did an awesome job with gears 5 and I was quite impressed with it.
Seriously ? Gears 5 has great graphics and a good story, it's also fun on the rare occasion it works. However, the in game store is obscene, the prices are disgusting for a full priced game, it's a grind fest again, we cannot have duplicate characters in horde due to classes, certain characters have loadouts, pings are ranging from 0ms to over 300ms in the same match etc, etc, etc.

Progression remains broken, I have completed the game several times and my progression has been stuck at 86% for two weeks. My collectables are not registering when picked up in many cases, and the list goes on. The game is a broken bug fest for many at this time, they even released a patch on the 17th that didn't work and stopped players updating and being unable to play at all.

I hope 343i do see what a mess the Coalition have made, and avoid it.
Mcc still holds the crown ,,,,,,,,,by a comfortable margin
, those ping margins are standard for any overseas players trying to play halo.
Does not matter who holds the crown. Gears 5 is a broken mess for many at this time and it's an example I would like 343i not to follow. As I said good story, very pretty but broken.
You've got it backward though mate , 343 set the example of dodgy broken releases. It's not like gears 5 won't be supported and fixed . Your concerns really are at the shallow end of the pool when you consider the 343i comparison
I got nothing backwards. I don't care who is worse, it's time these companies got it right and many games before MCC were a broken mess. Especially where Bungie are concerned, if anyone messed up it was them, they nearly went under because of it too, I could continue to throw dirt at many developers of broken games, but that's not the point.

The point is I do not want 343i following any of TC's ideas, or taking examples from them as Gears 5 is a mess and shameless cash grab, and it being supported and fixed is not acceptable, it should not have been released in its current state. As for executives leaving ? That may or may not have an impact on Halo Infinite, we know too little about the development to make anything other than assumptions.
I'm not sure what you mean about the bungie games being a broken mess ?
Bungie have made broken games too, I was simply using it as an example that whataboutery was not the point I was trying to make. As for having played more ? It's still broken regardless of time invested. Anyway, we're off topic again. I think that we should be discussing the impact of executives leaving. As stated, I think we know too little to form an opinion.
I'm not well versed in the process of game design, as I assume is the case for the majority of people on these forums, but at roughly a year out from release I would assume that many of the key aspects of the game's direction (like the story) have been determined at this point. Assuming rumors from a source the has proven to be unreliable are true, it might not have as big of an effect on the game as you might think. If the development teams have been given their direction and the deadline for release doesn't have an opportunity to change (Project Scarlet release title) then it should be heads down getting the work done.
This is functionally accurate. At this point in Infinite's development storeyline, mechanics, and general "theme" has been determined. The last year of game development is usually just testing, bug fixing, and general QA. This is why many (such as myself) said Longo's departure wasn't actually a big deal for Infinite. The creative direction has been determined by now.
I think people underestimate just how long it takes to squash bugs.
It appears to be a weak enough rumour that Sams hasn't even made a news story about it on Thurrott.com.

Even if it's true, "people iz leaving" isn't exactly a lot of useful information to go on, in determining whether it matters. Who? Which department? Where in the reporting hierarchy? Is it Chris Lee, or Bob in the mailroom?

Sure everyone loves Bob, and he makes good Swedish meatballs at the bi-monthly company potlucks, but his departure isn't going to felt in Halo Infinite.
The game seeing this many shifts in it's production leads this far along into it's development cycle is definitely unnerving. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
Legitsky wrote:
The game seeing this many shifts in it's production leads this far along into it's development cycle is definitely unnerving. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
We aren't seeing anything. We know Tim Longo left. Anything else is currently a questionable rumour that no major gaming news outlet seems to have picked up on, and the source of which seemingly hasn't bothered to post to the website he himself works on.

We don't even know if anyone else actually left, let alone whether they were "production leads".
Legitsky wrote:
We aren't seeing anything. We know Tim Longo left. Anything else is currently a questionable rumour that no major gaming news outlet seems to have picked up on, and the source of which seemingly hasn't bothered to post to the website he himself works on.

We don't even know if anyone else actually left, let alone whether they were "production leads".
I think people are making mountains out of mole hills.
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:
I hope 343 can see what The coalition did with gears 5 since they did an awesome job with gears 5 and I was quite impressed with it.
Seriously ? Gears 5 has great graphics and a good story, it's also fun on the rare occasion it works. However, the in game store is obscene, the prices are disgusting for a full priced game, it's a grind fest again, we cannot have duplicate characters in horde due to classes, certain characters have loadouts, pings are ranging from 0ms to over 300ms in the same match etc, etc, etc.

Progression remains broken, I have completed the game several times and my progression has been stuck at 86% for two weeks. My collectables are not registering when picked up in many cases, and the list goes on. The game is a broken bug fest for many at this time, they even released a patch on the 17th that didn't work and stopped players updating and being unable to play at all.

Yep , i certainly see what your saying after spending a lot more time with it . It's like a free to play model in $60 base game . 343 shouldn't go down this road at all, but let's face it they probably will as the coalition and 343 are just really Microsoft owned and run studio devs .
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Yep , i certainly see what your saying after spending a lot more time with it . It's like a free to play model in $60 base game . 343 shouldn't go down this road at all, but let's face it they probably will as the coalition and 343 are just really Microsoft owned and run studio devs .
Excatly my opinion, a full priced AAA title with a free to play model built in. Greed for greed's sake imo. The bold bit I highlighted ? Exactly what I'm afraid of for Halo Infinite.
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

I don't think it's fair to make such assumptions until we see for ourselves.
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Not sure I agree , if you look at both the coalition and 343 as the first party devs created by micro(transaction)soft studios and their histories it's pretty apparent that they are running the same internal micro transaction philosophy . Gears 4 halo 5 same RNG loot box system , both Studios changed tact and both formed a new narrative that said no loot boxes for next title , so gears 5 drops and its new system is essentially a free to play model ( I believe because of gamepass ) I will bet you dollars to donuts that infinite monetisation model will be direct copy of the gears formula . With it 3 monthly tour of duty seasonal progression grind and discustedly overpriced store , Unless microtransactionsoft see it's not profitable or the backlash is substantial enough to force a change .what isn't fair is that this garbage has invaded 2 franchises that used to be great and effectively turned them into store fronts ,.
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Not sure I agree , if you look at both the coalition and 343 as the first party devs created by micro(transaction)soft studios and their histories it's pretty apparent that they are running the same internal micro transaction philosophy . Gears 4 halo 5 same RNG loot box system , both Studios changed tact and both formed a new narrative that said no loot boxes for next title , so gears 5 drops and its new system is essentially a free to play model , I will bet you dollars to donuts that infinite monetisation model will be direct copy of the gears formula . With it 3 monthly tour of duty seasonal grind and overpriced store , Unless microtransactionsoft see it's not profitable or the backlash is substantial enough to force a change .what isn't fair is that this garbage has invaded 2 franchises that used to be great and effectively turned them into store fronts ,.
343i is not The Coalition, and I am confident that they have learned from their mistakes with Halo 5: Guardians. Halo is Microsoft's flagship title, and they will not want to mess this up.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Not sure I agree , if you look at both the coalition and 343 as the first party devs created by micro(transaction)soft studios and their histories it's pretty apparent that they are running the same internal micro transaction philosophy . Gears 4 halo 5 same RNG loot box system , both Studios changed tact and both formed a new narrative that said no loot boxes for next title , so gears 5 drops and its new system is essentially a free to play model , I will bet you dollars to donuts that infinite monetisation model will be direct copy of the gears formula . With it 3 monthly tour of duty seasonal grind and overpriced store , Unless microtransactionsoft see it's not profitable or the backlash is substantial enough to force a change .what isn't fair is that this garbage has invaded 2 franchises that used to be great and effectively turned them into store fronts ,.
343i is not The Coalition, and I am confident that they have learned from their mistakes with Halo 5: Guardians. Halo is Microsoft's flagship title, and they will not want to mess this up.
Same publisher , same circumstances for the studios forming , same internal monetisation schemes , they are basically brothers with the same dad managing them and their financial decisions . It's kind of funny the gears community was saying the same thing about the coalition prior to gears 5 release ( learning from mistakes, Microsoft flagship ip ect ect ) halowars 2 was released 2017 under 343and creative assembly ( microtransactionsoft publisher) obviously the learning hadn't occurred by then because um you guessed it RNG loot boxes . I always find the level of blind faith by gamers in big corporations , ' this time it will be different ' astounding
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

Same publisher , same circumstances for the studios forming , same internal monetisation schemes , they are basically brothers with the same dad managing them and their financial decisions . It's kind of funny the gears community was saying the same thing about the coalition prior to gears 5 release ( learning from mistakes, Microsoft flagship ip ect ect ) halowars 2 was released 2017 under 343and creative assembly ( microtransactionsoft publisher) obviously the learning hadn't occurred by then because um you guessed it RNG loot boxes . I always find the level of blind faith by gamers in big corporations , ' this time it will be different ' astounding
I think Microsoft is losing out on a huge opportunity for the next console generation. If they ran a campaign for the Scarlett and their first party games having no MTX it would outsell all other consoles.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

It's not blind faith. Halo 5 received major backlash due to the fact that players had to be online to play most of the game. If 343i makes the same mistake with Infinite, it's over.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

It's not blind faith. Halo 5 received major backlash due to the fact that players had to be online to play most of the game. If 343i makes the same mistake with Infinite, it's over.
My over riding point is that that the progression and mt system in gears 5 will the blueprint for infinite based on both the Microsoft devs first party prior histories of identical microtransactions . , Im pointing out that it isn't a stretch to think this way , you of course don't have to agree but I think it's pretty clear to me that this will be the case . Cod/activision have proved you an do pretty much anything and it isn't over.
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

If 343i makes the same mistake with Infinite, it's over.
No, it's not over. Always online is fast becoming the norm. I told you before that I cannot remember the last time I played a game offline. There was backlash with Gears 4 about many things, however Gears 5 is worse in many ways. Microsoft are going for games as a service in a big way. X-Cloud is coming and Game Pass is becoming more mainstream for many. I believe Halo Infinite will be on both, and a connection will be required for everything except campaign imo. As for executives leaving ? We still know nothing.
eviltedi wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

No, it's not over. Always online is fast becoming the norm. I told you before that I cannot remember the last time I played a game offline. There was backlash with Gears 4 about many things, however Gears 5 is worse in many ways. Microsoft are going for games as a service in a big way. X-Cloud is coming and Game Pass is becoming more mainstream for many. I believe Halo Infinite will be on both, and a connection will be required for everything except campaign imo. As for executives leaving ? We still know nothing.
If they make Halo Infinite online-only, I will not purchase the game. Players in other countries need to be considered here.
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

If they make Halo Infinite online-only, I will not purchase the game. Players in other countries need to be considered here.
That's up to you. I also agree with games being offline, I've told you that before. However, I see them doing the same with Halo Infinite as they've done with Halo 5. Offline campaign and everything else online, I hope I'm wrong but online is required for everything else and I don't see them making the whole game playable offline. Especially if it's on Game Pass and X-Cloud.
eviltedi wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

That's up to you. I also agree with games being offline, I've told you that before. However, I see them doing the same with Halo Infinite as they've done with Halo 5. Offline campaign and everything else online, I hope I'm wrong but online is required for everything else and I don't see them making the whole game playable offline. Especially if it's on Game Pass and X-Cloud.
They better ensure Infinite can be played offline because once it’s server support goes then it’ll be unplayable. That’d be a terrible future for gaming as a whole.

But if they want to lock multiplayer and future potential story missions online, I guess I’ll just play a game that doesn’t impose draconian restrictions. Like Halo 2.
eviltedi wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
AMA4N wrote:

They better ensure Infinite can be played offline because once it’s server support goes then it’ll be unplayable. That’d be a terrible future for gaming as a whole.

But if they want to lock multiplayer and future potential story missions online, I guess I’ll just play a game that doesn’t impose draconian restrictions. Like Halo 2.
I could not have said it better myself.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3