Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

S7 Sniper feeling

OP II mek II

Anyone else feel like this weapon needs changed. Way too clunky. Shot pacing is way too slow. The aiming with it feels botched or maybe it scopes in too far? Something just isn’t right and it’s no longer a “power weapon” more of a hindrance. (And no I’m not talking about the reduced aim assist). Let’s get some discussion going. Hopefully they’ll adjust it.
II mek II wrote:
Anyone else feel like this weapon needs changed. Way too clunky. Shot pacing is way too slow. The aiming with it feels botched or maybe it scopes in too far? Something just isn’t right and it’s no longer a “power weapon” more of a hindrance. (And no I’m not talking about the reduced aim assist). Let’s get some discussion going. Hopefully they’ll adjust it.
I was thinking this yesterday. The Skewer feels more like the sniper than the sniper does, which is really odd.
II mek II wrote:
Definitely agree! But I can see the sniper being a power weapon in competitive play/MLG way team has the sniper kinda have some advantage you see what I mean. But now like what we’re playing on the flight no I don’t see the sniper being a power weapon at all… but I do feel like it needs some work but that’s what we’re here for to play Test and report haha!
I just ranted about this yesterday. You can hear the echo on lifefire before the bullet ever leaves the gun i swear!
I agree. To me, it also feels rather sluggish while zoomed in! Also the new flashing scope while zoomed in annoys me. For me, it isn't relevant whether to see if my opponent is zoomed in or not. Furthermore, it prevents me from seeing their actual helmet, making it more difficult to headshot.
Sammy Neko wrote:
II mek II wrote:
I was thinking this yesterday. The Skewer feels more like the sniper than the sniper does, which is really odd.
I actually haven't been able to use the sniper well at all, which is strange enough for me, but do better with the skewer, which is designed to take down vehicles (this feature I do like - tanks have always been to difficult to destroy, but we'll have to wait for BTB to see just how well it works, or if they're too easy to take down) rather than mainly headshots.