Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Sadly, Blue Team will likely not be in the game

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
The trailer was quite good, and was pleasantly surprised to hear that it’s actually the opening sequence of the game. However, this trailer really makes me believe that the rest of Blue Team won’t be the game at all. Now, of course this is just the beginning of the game and we know literally nothing else. However, I get the sneaking suspicion that they won’t show up at any point in the plot. I’ll be really sad if this is the case. What’d you think?
I’ve heard some speculation that they might show up as co-op players. But as for main characters like Halo 5, that’s just too much to handle, especially when Blue Team didn’t really add anything except for a cool moment for big lore fans. They’re pretty much blank slates, so the only time more slates (Spartans) are needed is when there are more players.

I liken Spartans to “slates” because like real military, personality is often downplayed. Their roles are to be units that higher powers move across the battlefield. So Blue Team’s inclusion in Halo 5 was screwed from the start; if they stick to what Spartans are supposed to be (slates), then they’ll be boring characters, but if they make them actual characters it will complicate the storyline unnecessarily and go against the philosophy of a bred for battle soldier. I suppose this is at least part of why Bungie didn’t include them.
Eh, whatever the case, I won’t really care. Considering how bad of characters they are in Halo 5, I don’t know if I would like them. They’re great characters outside the games, though. I also absolutely hated the fireteam mechanics in H5 so I’m glad that might not make a return.
Sadly you may be correct and it does give off the "Chief is the only one" vibe. I hope Blue Team and Osiris get mentioned at least, I think it would be quite weird for them to vanish out of thin air after being in the last game, even if 3 years have passed.
I think they're out, and I agree it's incredibly disappointing since they never got a real chance.

I'm willing to repress their appearance in Halo 5 (and Halo 5 in general) since now it's just business as usual in terms of the games involving only a very small fraction of the EU, for better or worse
If this theory does hold out, it would be a shameful waste of storytelling potential.
The trailer was quite good, and was pleasantly surprised to hear that it’s actually the opening sequence of the game. However, this trailer really makes me believe that the rest of Blue Team won’t be the game at all. Now, of course this is just the beginning of the game and we no literally nothing else. However, I get the sneaking suspicion that they won’t show up at any point in the plot. I’ll be really sad if this is the case. What’d you think?
Plot twist, Blue team and Osiris were all killed in the first ten minutes of the game, just like Jul Mdama, so this can be the Chief's story only.
The trailer was quite good, and was pleasantly surprised to hear that it’s actually the opening sequence of the game. However, this trailer really makes me believe that the rest of Blue Team won’t be the game at all. Now, of course this is just the beginning of the game and we no literally nothing else. However, I get the sneaking suspicion that they won’t show up at any point in the plot. I’ll be really sad if this is the case. What’d you think?
Plot twist, Blue team and Osiris were all killed in the first ten minutes of the game, just like Jul Mdama, so this can be the Chief's story only.
Dear God, please don’t say that, especially in the case of Blue Team.
I hope this isn't the case, or if it is, that their absence make sense. Maybe they're fighting elsewhere. The same could go for Osiris too, although I'll be disappointed if they don't appear at all. Some wouldn't mind that at all, and rather than trying to repair Halo 5's story, would just sweep it under the rug. But that would just be lazy.
Killing the legendary blue team off screen? Now that would be a bit too much crazy, even for 343i who have killed built up character in one of the most earliest cutscenes in following game, killed one of the main protagonists in some book, resurrected a main villain in book and then pretty much changed the lore of the composers within same action and so on.

But killing off a blue team in such a manner? Now that would be just plain self-destructiveness.

Now as for the topic, I dont really think that Chief stranded in space would in any form or shape imply a demise of blue team. It's not the first time they have been separated so im pretty much fine if there is no constant presence of other SPARTANs, there must be lot to do with the situation at hand and troops could be separated dither by plan or by chain of events.

But presence or not im fine either way, though surely even minor presence would be preferable.
I think you're correct in saying they won't be in, because they want the game to be more accessible and including all sorts of pieces of lore isn't "accessible". Also, they were horrible characters in Halo 5 so cutting them isn't too harmful and helps with the reboot they are trying to achieve (i.e., push Halo 5's campaign under the rug, move on, and make a better story).
I'd be a bit disappointed if the Arbiter, Locke and Blue Team had no role in Halo Infinite. It seems awfully wasteful to discard them just to focus on the Chief. I think the best solution would have been to focus primarily on the Chief's story arc, but also have Locke and the Arbiter occasionally fight alongside him as AI or unique player characters during cooperative play (just like Halo 3 and Halo 5 did).
jemscarter wrote:
Eh, whatever the case, I won’t really care. Considering how bad of characters they are in Halo 5, I don’t know if I would like them. They’re great characters outside the games, though. I also absolutely hated the fireteam mechanics in H5 so I’m glad that might not make a return.
Character writing can make the world of difference. Look at how many people are clamoring over Echo-216 (the Pelican pilot). A mere 5 minutes and people are fully accepting of the new character. Halo 5's character writing was a letdown, but that doesn't mean that those characters shouldn't return, because better writing can easily make them more engaging.
With the new slipspace engine, I think there's plenty of characters that won't and don't need to make an appearance in infinite, there's plenty of scope for spinoff titles using many of halos iconic characters.
I'm certain 343i will leverage this engine to tell many halo stories either mainline or spinoff. It's not like infinite is the last ever halo.
I had that feeling after watching the trailer as well , but its still too early to say there was alot we didnt see in the trailer so i'm holding out hope considering the surge of blue team content recently.
I think that while the mainline story will focus on the Chief, primarily, it would be cool to see side stories or DLC expansions that focus on characters like Blue Team, and Osiris. Part of Infinite's title is infinite possibilities, and stories. So it could work outside, or along side the main story.
Killing the legendary blue team off screen? Now that would be a bit too much crazy, even for 343i who have killed built up character in one of the most earliest cutscenes in following game, killed one of the main protagonists in some book, resurrected a main villain in book and then pretty much changed the lore of the composers within same action and so on.

But killing off a blue team in such a manner? Now that would be just plain self-destructiveness.

Now as for the topic, I dont really think that Chief stranded in space would in any form or shape imply a demise of blue team. It's not the first time they have been separated so im pretty much fine if there is no constant presence of other SPARTANs, there must be lot to do with the situation at hand and troops could be separated dither by plan or by chain of events.

But presence or not im fine either way, though surely even minor presence would be preferable.
Yes, too extreme even for 343. But considering what the trailer showed something really impressive happened in Zeta Halo for it to be partially destroyed, maybe Blue Team were fighting and somehow the Guardians used all their power at once, destroying everything and killing Blue Team or Osiris in the process, Chief scaped or was tossed by Cortana. Just speculation , this would be a great impact. A huge lost of potential for the characters, but at the same time a huge gain of potential for Chief to deal with all the destruction Cortana may have caused and how he deals with the loss of his teammates.
Well if Halo is still thinking about being on a long run, they can't get rid of blue time, Laskey, Palmer, Osiris, Arbiter or Halsey. They have to button those story lines up, because SO many people played Halo 5. Halo infinite can have a great story, but if it leaves more questions then answers it will get ripped apart. So 343 has a very difficult job to do, they have to rectify the disaster that was the Halo 5 campaign, while taking the good parts and applying them to Infinite in a logical way.

Assuming that this scene is the opening cinematic (which you know is subject to change), they would have to go back and SHOW (not tell) what happens to all of the other major characters from Halo 5. They have like 11 characters to sort out, so I'm sure some will be given a shorter sentence then others, but they have to show what's happening. Ideally, they would show an attack where Palmer and Osiris (except for Buck) are killed, which would close that story. From there, you only have to focus on blue team, Buck, Laskey and the Arbiter. You can definitely take from ghosts of Onyx and use that to button up Halsey and Blue team, at least for part of the story. Now you only really need to have closure with the Arbiter and Laskey, who can both remain integral parts to the story without dominating anything (Halo 3, Halo 4).

Yes, too extreme even for 343. But considering what the trailer showed something really impressive happened in Zeta Halo for it to be partially destroyed, maybe Blue Team were fighting and somehow the Guardians used all their power at once, destroying everything and killing Blue Team or Osiris in the process, Chief scaped or was tossed by Cortana. Just speculation , this would be a great impact. A huge lost of potential for the characters, but at the same time a huge gain of potential for Chief to deal with all the destruction Cortana may have caused and how he deals with the loss of his teammates.
In the case of Osiris (perhaps with the exception of Buck though who knows about him either?) I wouldn't be that surprised given campaign of the H5g is being pretty much buried with timejump between games leaving pretty much only the major plotpoints in likely case, the Osiris is pretty much the icon of H5g and I think no one wants that memory to tarnish Infinite, unless they have done some amazing character development which could be potentially better to avoid the Jul situation.
Buck is in the line of fire too, 343i has killed off and villified characters from the game where they originally appeared too offscreen which is major mistake in my books so to speak, not literally. His character was changed so much that im not sure if they can, or even try to fix.

But the blue team, which is the legendary Chiefs team from the early lore. I dont think anyone would want the bad publicity that would bring. Obviously characters can die but it would be extremely weird to have them all die at once. Chief has had many campaign missions on their absense so gameplay reasons wouldn't justify such decisions either.

And as for Cortana tossing Chief, it would be just weird to see when last time it tried pretty much everything to capture Chief.

But it's just speculations. I simply think such events would be extremely unlikely & even foolish acts to a degree.
I suspect they might be out there, maybe not at the same time. Remembering Halo 1....at least one was seen, mentioned at the start of the game. It's possible we might see them in passing or over the comms or in coop. Though I'm more curious how they'll explain the co-op since Chief is on his own at the start except for the pilot, all Halo games usually have 4 player coop so there either probably forcing the team again like Halo 5 AI team, filling slots when friends join or let us pick our custom characters but personally I'd rather they drop the AI teams since made H5 too easy since rather AI bots stick to things like marines that I randomly find. I think the best thing to do it is probably the Reach way so everyone starts as the main character then they could later opt in to choose their custom character while removing extra player bots from H5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2