Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Sarah Palmer confirmed to be in Halo Infinite!

OP radmako

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
Hey! A friend just shared this Tweet from Jennifer Hale, Spartan Sarah Palmer’s voice actress, that confirms she’s returning to the role in Halo Infinite! I don’t know about y’all, but I feel like this is most definitely exciting. Her character doesn’t play a super huge part in Halo 4’s main cutscenes, but I think she’s totally great in the Spartan Ops cinematics and in Halo 5. I can’t wait to see how she fits into the story!
I am fine with it. I never hated Palmer. At least she had character.
I totally agree. After I watched the Halo 4 and Halo 5 cutscenes, I was seriously shocked to see that people don’t like her!
radmako wrote:
I totally agree. After I watched the Halo 4 and Halo 5 cutscenes, I was seriously shocked to see that people don’t like her!
I was not. She was pompous and full of herself. Some took her first interaction with the chief as disrespect which put a sour taste in people's mouths. I at first viewed it that way but I was also younger so the reality of it did not really hit me. As spartan ops and h5 went by. I liked her a bit more. I still don't find her interesting, but I do not dislike her either. At least she has a foundation set up in-game they can build off of.
I'm in the large chunk of audience that really didn't dig Palmer's disrespectful (intended or otherwise) rapport with Chief in Halo 4- her character has been battling that bad first impression for me ever since, and its sour taste is still lingering.

She picked up with John like she was as old and as dear a friend as Johnson had been in the original trilogy; only, Johnson and Chief had history hinted at even in those games-- Troy Denning's Master Chief books have done a phenomenal job of fleshing out and detailing that history dating all the way back to their first meeting when John was just a teenager and Avery was a grizzled veteran. Palmer, on the other hand, while having served as an ODST during the H/C War (Matt Forbeck gives us some tantalizing insight into her career as a Helljumper in his "Blood" books) had only been a "peacetime" Spartan and had never met John before when she treated him with such depricating familiarity. She seemed more in-line with Del Rio's assessment that Chief was an aging relic of an old war than Lasky's awe and appreciation of John as humanity's greatest champion. It wasn't a great move to endear her to a lot of the classic audience.

Anyways, while I stand by all of those opinions, I do believe that Palmer, like most of the Reclaimer Saga cast, deserves to have more time and attention for development. I'm not in the camp of "Kill off all the Spartans on Infinity and all of Fireteam Osiris," because I don't think that accomplishes much of anything and in fact just makes Halo 4 and 5 into complete wastes instead of carrying forward redeeming elements from them and polishing them on into the future.

Do I think Palmer should have a big role in Infinite? No. But I do think she has a place and it would be very nice to see some development for her character, especially in a challenging situation like The Banished are seeming to provide on Zeta Halo.
radmako wrote:
Not really that schocking to be honest. Her entire character was just bossing people around for no reason. She talked -Yoink- to the Master Chief the moment she laid eyes on him, even though she came out of nowhere. Unlike sergeant Johnson, Palmer doesn’t have the humour, charisma and the bad--Yoink- that Johnson did.

Oh, and ‘We can still destroy the enemy core’
Everyone I've ever talked to hated this character. Why would they bring her back?
I was not. She was pompous and full of herself. Some took her first interaction with the chief as disrespect which put a sour taste in people's mouths. I at first viewed it that way but I was also younger so the reality of it did not really hit me. As spartan ops and h5 went by. I liked her a bit more. I still don't find her interesting, but I do not dislike her either. At least she has a foundation set up in-game they can build off of.
I personally got the vibe she was just playing around with the Chief when she made the height joke. I think that as a newcomer to the Halo franchise, I wasn’t negatively hit by the remark the same way a longtime fan would’ve been!
CrazeTurk wrote:
Not really that schocking to be honest. Her entire character was just bossing people around for no reason.
Isn’t she a commander? I personally feel like that’s the reason she gives orders.

Everyone I've ever talked to hated this character. Why would they bring her back?
Yeah, the friend who sent it to me is kinda upset she’s returning too. I must be in the uncool club for thinking she’s a pretty solid character. 😅
radmako wrote:
Hey! A friend just shared this Tweet from Jennifer Hale, Spartan Sarah Palmer’s voice actress, that confirms she’s returning to the role in Halo Infinite! I don’t know about y’all, but I feel like this is most definitely exciting. Her character doesn’t play a super huge part in Halo 4’s main cutscenes, but I think she’s totally great in the Spartan Ops cinematics and in Halo 5. I can’t wait to see how she fits into the story!
Yeeeessssss😍I love Commander Palmer!!!She's the Best,you just made my day OP.Halo Infinite is saved!XD
As long as she’s written better than she has been I’m ok with it. I don’t want to hear “egghead” a dozen times.

that said, many people hate her, my self included. She shot Dr. Halsey, would have killed her if she had a better shot. Then she whines like a child that she didn’t get a good shot off. Like I said, I think it comes down to writing, but the treatment of her character in Halo 4, and especially Spartan Ops left a bad taste in many peoples mouths.

the only reason I want Palmer in the game is for her to Die crushed under Echerum’s gravity hammer.
This is good to hear. Now I do wonder about Locke though. Will he return too and will Mike Colter reprise the voice or will Ike Amadi?
As long as she’s written better than she has been I’m ok with it. I don’t want to hear “egghead” a dozen times.
I haven’t seen much from Spartan Ops gameplay, so I’m crazy scared to ask why she says “egghead” a lot. 😅
It's nice, i did not hated her. But I also didn't liked her, she was a bit full of herself, BUT thats a Problem with all Spartan-IVs, the are not "created" like Spartan-II and III's. They are just normal Marines and so on, but into neat Suits basically.

I did like her in Halo 4, being a bit admiring and respectful towards the Chief ("ARREST THAT MAN!")
Not so much in Spartan-Ops and Halo 5 how she treated Halsey...i mean without her, she wouldn't even be a Spartan now, now would she?
She's not any more disrespectful than any former ODST. That said, she acts like literally any ODST that has ever existed in the franchise (namely witty, cocky, and gung-ho) And that makes her a little bland compared to buck, mickey, romeo and dutch, seeing as she came after
An ex-ODST whose only story you've heard from Master Chief is about the "training incident"? Normal that she is a cocky one with him. XD

I like it as a character, and I see potential for it to develop much better. Be it in the video game, in novels, comics, etc. Or at least doing better than Disney with its disparaging Captain Phasma
After Halo 4 and Spartan Ops, I have no love for Palmer. In the latter, she's a complete idiot. In the former, she doesn't really do anything that isn't dull or annoying. She barely does anything in Halo 5, but does have the moment with the Pelican, saving Fireteam Osiris. Her best stuff is actually in the comics, but most don't read those anyway.

that said, many people hate her, my self included. She shot Dr. Halsey, would have killed her if she had a better shot. Then she whines like a child that she didn’t get a good shot off. Like I said, I think it comes down to writing, but the treatment of her character in Halo 4, and especially Spartan Ops left a bad taste in many peoples mouths.

the only reason I want Palmer in the game is for her to Die crushed under Echerum’s gravity hammer.
That was written by Brian Reed,the mastermind behind most pf Halo 4 Spartan Ops and Halo 5 story and dialogue.
We don't know how she is in infinite. She could just be a voice option for multiplayer or firefight or she could actually be in the story, or both... who knows...

I never had a huge issue with her, but she didn't do anything for me either. I was just very indifferent on her.
I never had any particular feelings about Palmer one way or the other. In the main campaign in Halo 4, she doesn’t do much at all. In Spartan Ops she’s mostly just your commander telling you what to do. Coming right after Kat’s constant telling you what to do with an annoyed and condescending voice throughout Reach, she was actually kind of a breath of fresh air, honestly. Hopefully she gets a bit more here in Infinite.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6