5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8
ronnie42 wrote:
I've already stated facts,
You linked opinions.

Quote:
at this point I don't see how this conversation can go on any further because nothing of what you've said is coherent and as I've said multiply times now "makes no sense".
Which says to me that you didn't bother reading it.

Quote:
I think I'm done trying
To try, you have to actually put forth some effot. You have not done this.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
yeh I think that's where I draw the line and not going this discuss further with you because we seem to be stuck in a loop.
Halo 5's story was terrible, and if it were up to me, I'd retcon it all in its entirety. "Evil Cortana" and "the created" is quite possibly the worst plot line in the entire saga. Halo Infinite's story would have to be one of the worst stories of all time in order to "cheapen" or "weaken" the story of Halo 5.

The writers for Halo Infinite unfortunately have to work with what Brian Reed left them, which automatically makes creating a strong story an uphill battle. With that said, I would caution against the doom and gloom going on in here in regards to the Halo Infinite's story. Just because there is a particular plot point that you dont agree with, doesnt automatically mean it can't be done with creativity and finesse. Many are jumping the gun here.

Also, this Cortana fragment plotline was telegraphed to us from a mile away, years ago. It was so obvious that this was the direction the story was going to go in, and those who refused to believe it were either in denial because it isnt what they wanted, or they just werent paying attention to the numerous clues given since the beginning of Halo 4.
Halo 5's story was terrible, and if it were up to me, I'd retcon it all in its entirety. "Evil Cortana" and "the created" is quite possibly the worst plot line in the entire saga. Halo Infinite's story would have to be one of the worst stories of all time in order to "cheapen" or "weaken" the story of Halo 5.

The writers for Halo Infinite unfortunately have to work with what Brian Reed left them, which automatically makes creating a strong story an uphill battle. With that said, I would caution against the doom and gloom going on in here in regards to the Halo Infinite's story. Just because there is a particular plot point that you dont agree with, doesnt automatically mean it can't be done with creativity and finesse. Many are jumping the gun here.

Also, this Cortana fragment plotline was telegraphed to us from a mile away, years ago. It was so obvious that this was the direction the story was going to go in, and those who refused to believe it were either in denial because it isnt what they wanted, or they just werent paying attention to the numerous clues given since the beginning of Halo 4.
Exactly, there trying to find the best way to recover the story, make a better arc..hopefully.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's pretty clear we'll never agree on this, most of your reasoning's makes no sense.........I'll say agree to disagree. You're reasoning for 'trying to start' a debate over a basic discussion is confusing.
'Kay... I absolutely refuse to "agree to disagree". You and the videos that I provided are wrong where it's factually shown, and mistaken where it's opinion-based, and I've shown why in three posts due to character limit. Unless you can show where or how my points "make no sense," it'd be best to just keep that to yourself.

I've already stated facts, at this point I don't see how this conversation can go on any further because nothing of what you've said is coherent and as I've said multiply times now "makes no sense".
Anyway regardless of whether we disagree...I think I'm done trying since I feel like I'm going in a loop with trying to explain this to you repeatably about what I feel should be basic to understand, if you don't understand any of this then there's nothing else that can said before. As for 3 pages of 'incoherent' rants...yeh I think that's where I draw the line and not going this discuss further with you because we seem to be stuck in a loop.
You haven't tried. You just keep saying he's incoherent (which he objectively isn't, whether you agree with the actual points or not), and haven't spent a single second actually refuting or addressing anything he has said.

I think it's a mistake to assume they are still following whatever the original plan was for the "Reclaimer Trilogy" - especially as they clearly shifted some gears internally after Halo 5, recognizing that there was a need to course correct.

That's not to say they threw the entire storyboard in the garbage, but more that we don't know what might have survived, and what got dumped.

Sigh... I just hope Infinite makes it clear that they have learned valuable storytelling lessons from Halo 4 and 5. Halo 4 had a better story than 5, but both had problems.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
It's pretty clear we'll never agree on this, most of your reasoning's makes no sense.........I'll say agree to disagree. You're reasoning for 'trying to start' a debate over a basic discussion is confusing.
'Kay... I absolutely refuse to "agree to disagree". You and the videos that I provided are wrong where it's factually shown, and mistaken where it's opinion-based, and I've shown why in three posts due to character limit. Unless you can show where or how my points "make no sense," it'd be best to just keep that to yourself.

I've already stated facts, at this point I don't see how this conversation can go on any further because nothing of what you've said is coherent and as I've said multiply times now "makes no sense".
Anyway regardless of whether we disagree...I think I'm done trying since I feel like I'm going in a loop with trying to explain this to you repeatably about what I feel should be basic to understand, if you don't understand any of this then there's nothing else that can said before. As for 3 pages of 'incoherent' rants...yeh I think that's where I draw the line and not going this discuss further with you because we seem to be stuck in a loop.
You haven't tried. You just keep saying he's incoherent (which he objectively isn't, whether you agree with the actual points or not), and haven't spent a single second actually refuting or addressing anything he has said.
That's not remotely funny so don't drag me into this, as I've said I have no interest in continuing this discussion with this person.
Wow, just.... wow.
Anyone remember the opening scene of halo 5 where Dr. Halsey walks into her lab and takes out what seems to be a new Cortana model's chip. The conversation between her and Locke is in the background,
I just remembered that, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with infinite but the Cortana she ejected seems new. When Halsey walked in you could see a picture of Maranda Keyes, it's after halo 3 but before halo 4 Spartan ops(sheh both arms). It would make sense that she gives chief that chip at the end of halo 5.
Just a theory though.
Ah, it is so refreshing to see the halo community not jump the gun an start the assumption game on the worst possible storytelling outcomes. JK thats exactly what they did and it gives me a headache to read. I will hold all opinions on the story arch and points until I see it all come together and exactly it means. It is one line of dialogue and yet all the doomsayers immediately start grabbing pitchforks. It's honestly quite sad. I do not think it is bad to state ones concerns, but the overall negative/hostile reaction I see in some posts is so sad.
I kinda understand where they're coming from though. The people complaining now are the same that over a year ago were afraid 343i would just give Cortana a redemption arc, tell us evil Cortana is just a fragment and our blue lady is still alive. Back then I laughed it off, but only because I doubt they would ever do something so stupid. After all, if you wanna kill the story of the single player, well, imho this is how you do it! 🙃

Than the secret message was discovered.

It doesn't confirm it, but it definitely points toward a redemption or at least the split Cortana theory. What are we supposed to think? I'm a skeptical to the bones and believe only when I see it, this however does plant a flee in my ear. I'm not hoping for the worse outcome, after the message it wouldn't surprise me either though. 😅
It's not a good thing if "good" Cortana from Halo 4 is still alive,people here were already disappointed that "evil"Cortana was alive in Halo 5,including me.Even if it could be a good story made with the return of her,you just gotta know when enough is enough.
Master Chiefs character is getting worse and worse because of Cortana on/off switch in every game.Is he so obsessed with an A.I.by now that he don't care about humans anymore?For me it seems so,all the time he is just holding Cortana chip and starts acting weird when she is mentioned.
I'm late to the party but lets list some facts. First, the A.I. chip Chief is holding in the e3 trailer, is refereed to as a "Weapon Containment Device." Obviously this is going to be for current "evil" Cortana. The chip is also the next iteration of the CTN model according to the string of numbers following the model name. In Halo 4, Cortana split herself into multiple copies to save Chief and to stop the Diadact. When Chief and her are talking immediately after that, she mentions that "Most of me is down there,,," She is referring to the other copies of herself. Moving on to Halo 5, it is apparent that the more fragmented she becomes, the less stable she acts. This was also slightly hinted at in Halo 3. With all of this in consideration, lets speculate with included justifications. Cortana is more than likely still going through rampancy. Hence, her fragmented self. The chip will be used to contain her so that A) Halsey can fix her. B) Chief can destroy her. Or C) Another Cortana model will be in there, to slightly overwrite her. I like option C. This would eliminate it just being a completely new model. Instead, the memories, the knowledge, and the interpersonal relationship between her chief, wouldn't need rebuilt. While the rampant logic of herself, would be improved. I do not think this would undermine Halo 4 and 5. The reason I've came to this conclusion is that the conflict of the over arching story has always been to protect Cortana. She is refereed to as the savior of the human race. This was made apparent in Reach, when Halsey said, "When Reach falls... and it will, our annihilation is all but certain. Unless, we can glean from this artifact a defense against The Covenant." Another example would be in Halo 3. Sergeant Johnson, right before his death, he emphasized to "Never let her go." He did this to exclaim the importance of her survival. He knew she was a key part of humanity's survival. You didn't save Cortana from the flood for just any old reason. I would argue the death of Cortana, and now rampancy, was the ultimate retcon everyone keeps pointing out. Not that she comes back into the story. Objectively, this move would ultimately be best for the story. I say this because it sticks with the themes of Halo.
Quote:
... Another example would be in Halo 3. Sergeant Johnson, right before his death, he emphasized to "Never let her go." He did this to exclaim the importance of her survival. He knew she was a key part of humanity's survival.
Quote:
My own interpretation of that scene was that after Miranda got Spiker'd, Johnson didn't want his dying thoughts to be of anymore close comrades/friends dying, so he wanted the Chief to give him a final reassurance that he'll keep Cortana (and himself, but hey he's a Spartan) safe.
... Another example would be in Halo 3. Sergeant Johnson, right before his death, he emphasized to "Never let her go." He did this to exclaim the importance of her survival. He knew she was a key part of humanity's survival.
Quote:
My own interpretation of that scene was that after Miranda got Spiker'd, Johnson didn't want his dying thoughts to be of anymore close comrades/friends dying, so he wanted the Chief to give him a final reassurance that he'll keep Cortana (and himself, but hey he's a Spartan) safe.
You may be right. Who knows
I hate pretty much everything about the idea. 343 Industries has handled this whole thing badly in my opinion. They gave her a good exit in Halo 4. She struggled with rampancy but was able to overcome it to save Chief. It was melancholic, but she did get to experience briefly being real. I know some people cringe at that, but I think she more than earned it. But no, 343 just couldn't leave it at that. They had to monkey around with a perfectly good ending. Is using a forum post here on Waypoint really the kind of writing we want? That's where the idea that the Mantle's Approach, or a part of it, went into slipspace. Halo 4 never showed or indicated that and we are just told that in Halo 5, not even so much a journey through the ship's wreckage. Then they made her a villain (talk about old worn-out cliches) and decided LOOT CRATE was the best place to explore the different reasons why she might be off her rocker.

But hey it's okay because we can get rid of that mean Cortana and just copy+paste a new one. Nevermind that kinda craps on all the struggles the real Cortana went on and validates one of her greatest fears of being replaced. We'll just have the new Cortana be all ready to go to regain the old Halo status quo. Course, after running through all the AI-related obstacles you can with Cortana, don't expect much ambition for her replacement.
They've handled it very well. Its not really rampancy it's corrupt files from her encounter with the Gravemind. HiddenExperia does a lot of videos explaining these things.
Quote:
I just want to point out that both Miranda and Johnson are still alive canonicaly. Meaning that they can return.

What if the game has nothing to do with the created. But the flood entirely as Cortana is already infected by the Logic Plague and now has control over countless numbers what would that mean for the Gravemind?
I hate pretty much everything about the idea. 343 Industries has handled this whole thing badly in my opinion. They gave her a good exit in Halo 4. She struggled with rampancy but was able to overcome it to save Chief. It was melancholic, but she did get to experience briefly being real. I know some people cringe at that, but I think she more than earned it. But no, 343 just couldn't leave it at that. They had to monkey around with a perfectly good ending. Is using a forum post here on Waypoint really the kind of writing we want? That's where the idea that the Mantle's Approach, or a part of it, went into slipspace. Halo 4 never showed or indicated that and we are just told that in Halo 5, not even so much a journey through the ship's wreckage. Then they made her a villain (talk about old worn-out cliches) and decided LOOT CRATE was the best place to explore the different reasons why she might be off her rocker.

But hey it's okay because we can get rid of that mean Cortana and just copy+paste a new one. Nevermind that kinda craps on all the struggles the real Cortana went on and validates one of her greatest fears of being replaced. We'll just have the new Cortana be all ready to go to regain the old Halo status quo. Course, after running through all the AI-related obstacles you can with Cortana, don't expect much ambition for her replacement.
They've handled it very well. Its not really rampancy it's corrupt files from her encounter with the Gravemind. HiddenExperia does a lot of videos explaining these things.
Even his videos are only speculation until 343 Industries reveals how this plays out. Even if we went with that view though, using a forum post to lay the groundwork for her return and having her return occur off-screen isn't handling things well.
If that's what Xperia has on his page about this issue, then he's even more off-base than I have grown to think... "Corrupted files" from the Gravemind - the "Logic Plague", in other words - is rampancy. It is a state of rampancy inflicted by the Flood. Though more to the point, Cortana is very well likely at the point where she is going to be going rampant. As she says in Halo 4, she was put into service Eight years ago. AI's deteriorate after seven.

I just want to point out that both Miranda and Johnson are still alive canonicaly. Meaning that they can return.
No, they are not. The canon is a linear progression, and we are past 2552. Both Miranda and Avery are dead.
If that's what Xperia has on his page about this issue, then he's even more off-base than I have grown to think... "Corrupted files" from the Gravemind - the "Logic Plague", in other words - is rampancy. It is a state of rampancy inflicted by the Flood. Though more to the point, Cortana is very well likely at the point where she is going to be going rampant. As she says in Halo 4, she was put into service Eight years ago. AI's deteriorate after seven.

No, they are not. The canon is a linear progression, and we are past 2552. Both Miranda and Avery are dead.
343i would be as good as killing themselves bringing Miranda and Johnson back, especially if they followed the same route they took to bring Cortana back. The sheer outrage would be deafening. Certainly for Johnson, maybe not so much for Miranda.
Is there a shortage in the budget for a quality writing department? Or at the very least, a decent one?
What was so bad about this
It makes Halo 4 and 5 irrelevant. Cortana being shoehorned in and being all back to normal is lazy and uncreative.
Perfect, Halo 4 and 5 should be irrelevant. Having a fragment of Cortana as normal is a perfect way to get back to a story line that doesn't suck.
No, it is lazy at best. If 343 really wants to reboot Halo to the safe spot and kill creativity with it, it is better for them to make at least a little effort to finish the saga satisfactorily. Halo may not get another title if Infinite goes with this route.
No, your opinion is lazy at best. A safe space would be keeping with the current dung heap of a story line. If Halo goes with the story line that is hinted, Halo WILL get more titles, if it doesn't, well, it will likely lose more of the quality fans in favor of the garbage ones.
Lol.
There are no such thing as "quality fans" and "garbage fans". Everybody is a fan, everybody wants Halo to thrive.
I absolutely disagree. There are those who like the direction that H5 took the series, that's not an environment that Halo thrives in.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. ...
  8. 8