OP HaloCrysisKIA88

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8
And yet, here comes a sequel. There came several storylines and character introductions. The only garbage fans are the cancerous ones that divide the community based on their own opinion.
Cortana needs to die, and die for good. I don't want "good" Cortana to return and then Chief and her live happily ever after, at that point, Infinite will just be a nostalgia-fest.

Chief needs to destroy Cortana, maybe right before he destroys her they can have one last moment as friends, but after that, no more Cortana. It's time for John to move on.
Yeah, probably not going to work out like that.
They've handled it very well. Its not really rampancy it's corrupt files from her encounter with the Gravemind. HiddenExperia does a lot of videos explaining these things.
If that's what Xperia has on his page about this issue, then he's even more off-base than I have grown to think... "Corrupted files" from the Gravemind - the "Logic Plague", in other words - is rampancy. It is a state of rampancy inflicted by the Flood. Though more to the point, Cortana is very well likely at the point where she is going to be going rampant. As she says in Halo 4, she was put into service Eight years ago. AI's deteriorate after seven.

I just want to point out that both Miranda and Johnson are still alive canonicaly. Meaning that they can return.
No, they are not. The canon is a linear progression, and we are past 2552. Both Miranda and Avery are dead.
We never saw miranda die she was taken aboard a pelican by Johnson and was only paralyzed by the spiker shots Johnson I can agree on his life more likely met a definite end. But Miranda we never saw where she went in Halo 3.
Loving how this is slowly turning into a post about these 2
We never saw miranda die she was taken aboard a pelican by Johnson and was only paralyzed by the spiker shots Johnson I can agree on his life more likely met a definite end. But Miranda we never saw where she went in Halo 3.
No, we saw her die. Very clearly, and explicitly. This is even more ridiculous than the too-many "Six is still alive" theories.
Then why did Johnson try and save a corpse? A paralyzed body is good as dead without any help. Until it receives it.
For the same reason that any soldier goes back for their comrade when they can. You don't leave anyone behind. No one. Not even the dead.
https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+miranda+keyes+death&tbm=isch&tbs=itp:animated&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&prmd=niv&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwje4rbf3u_jAhUBiZ4KHUxiCBkQ2p8EegQIARAD&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=60yt_P1PjmA0nM
She might have also been in shock from the pain
She. Is. Dead.
She. Is. Dead.
Or is she
: )
Like I just said she may just have been in shock.
Bacon, that's literally not worth addressing any further. She was shot directly in the spine five times, with foot-long spikes. She is an unaugmented, standard human; that will kill. Not only this, but Miranda was honored at the memorial, posthumously (after death) received the Legion of Honor, and was mourned by her mother. She is bloody well dead.
She. Is. Dead.
Or is she
: )
Like I just said she may just have been in shock.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/kat-b320
Quote:
BORN:
JANUARY 30, 2530

DIED:
AUGUST 23, 2552
Bacon, that's literally not worth addressing any further. She was shot directly in the spine five times, with foot-long spikes. She is an unaugmented, standard human; that will kill. Not only this, but Miranda was honored at the memorial, posthumously (after death) received the Legion of Honor, and was mourned by her mother. She is bloody well dead.
This is what I was afraid of when 343i brought Cortana back. Death now means nothing in the Halo universe. People are questioning whether Johnson or Miranda, who we very clearly saw die, are truly dead. There is also speculation about the fate of Noble Six, who is confirmed dead and whom we saw die on Reach. Next there’s gonna be people claiming the Rookie is still alive somehow. See what I mean? Cortana’s return has corrupted the finality of death in Halo. Any character can now return from death, no matter how convoluted the means.
This is what I was afraid of when 343i brought Cortana back. Death now means nothing in the Halo universe. People are questioning whether Johnson or Miranda, who we very clearly saw die, are truly dead. There is also speculation about the fate of Noble Six, who is confirmed dead and whom we saw die on Reach. Next there’s gonna be people claiming the Rookie is still alive somehow. See what I mean? Cortana’s return has corrupted the finality of death in Halo. Any character can now return from death, no matter how convoluted the means.
Calm down man, we know for sure that Miranda and Johnson are gone and so is noble six, I really don't think they're coming back, and for good reason.
The difficult thing for 343 is that they have to work with what halo 5 started: cortana is alive, etc.
IMO the cortana fragment theory is the best, but there is a possibility of it being a new cortana model as seen in the opening cutscene of halo 5, which I'm also OK with as it could be a mendicant bias vs offensive bias situation.
There will always be people who want charachters that died and they liked to come back and there will always be people who try to come up with a way for these charachters to return. and in the case of 343 guilty spark that already happend. disclaimer: i haven't read the books so i don't know any specifics or if it is executed well, but it was still a dead charachter which was brought back for some reason.
that being said: i wouldn't mind about the rookie coming back (his death being retconned), bc i think killing of a main protagonist of a game in a book (or other EU media) is just a bad idea.
also: i don't think it is the same thing bringing back an AI or bringing back a living (now dead) charachter and i agree it would be stupid to bring back keys, johnson, guilty spark, noble six. it would also be stupid to bring in relatives, just to have the name... looking at you miranda keys (and the forced family bond halsey-keys... not everybody has to be related)
for cortana: i didn't like that she was brought back in h5, but with that being the case now, we'll have to see where this goes. (i already wrote this but i'm thinking of a back up file, or just a new version. AI's don't need to be "one of a kind" in my opinion)
This is what I was afraid of when 343i brought Cortana back. Death now means nothing in the Halo universe. People are questioning whether Johnson or Miranda, who we very clearly saw die, are truly dead.
One person is making (I assume not serious) wild theories on those characters. That's hardly a spiral down of "death no longer means anything". I mean frankly, all we had to go off for Cortana's "death" was what appeared to be, and what was written on the Epilogue description. Which, as far as canon goes, is about where it was when Halo: CE said that John-117 was the last Spartan. Which we saw to clearly not be the case.

Not only that, but we have the difference of biological death versus AI "death". It's far more plausible - and easier - for an AI to come "back from the dead" than it is for a biological entity to. All these wild theories about Noble Six, and from bacon Johnson and Miranda, are just that; wild theories. Literally nothing to go off save for Monty Python-esque notions ("She's not shot, she's just sleeping!") Confirmed death still very much means something in the Halo Universe.
Because Johnson's "death" at the end of Halo: CE was something totally different...because it wasn't 343i?
Because Johnson's "death" at the end of Halo: CE was something totally different...because it wasn't 343i?
At least Johnson wasn't going to die no matter what. He could well have been rescued by other UNSC survivors, unless the books explain what happened. Cortana's supposed death could not have been any more perfect. She was at the end of her operational lifespan, her death gave closure to her character arc and opened a whole bunch of potential avenues for the narrative to take besides the...….Created arc. *shudders*
Cortana's supposed death could not have been any more perfect. She was at the end of her operational lifespan, her death gave closure to her character arc and opened a whole bunch of potential avenues for the narrative to take besides the...….Created arc. *shudders*
Was she, though? She's at the end of her assumed lifespan. For AI's that have not been made from living tissue, and with the restraints that Halsey all but ignored. There is also the matter of a memo from Halsey in Halo 4: "The interesting factor here isn't that H-1 disabled the viral termination code I implanted in her matrix. These metrics imply its success wasn't just unlikely, but that even the accepted seven-year life cycle estimates may not apply. Thus far, I've determined that the unique circumstances of her creation have triggered what I can only refer to as a recessive variant in the AI seed. As her architect, I'm currently at a loss as to the origin of this rogue element. Very... curious." Not to mention that this whole "Created arc" is, in a way, the culmination of her story arc at the hands of the Gravemind. Halo 3's ending for that was highly unsatisfying; we find her, she says she's broken, but she's fine? No. I think people are so blinded with dislike for 343 that they're failing to see the parallels between what's happening now and the actions of Mendicant Bias to the Forerunners. Especially now that we apparently have a "good Cortana", this mirrors the creation and deployment of Offensive Bias.
Cortana's supposed death could not have been any more perfect. She was at the end of her operational lifespan, her death gave closure to her character arc and opened a whole bunch of potential avenues for the narrative to take besides the...….Created arc. *shudders*
Was she, though? She's at the end of her assumed lifespan. For AI's that have not been made from living tissue, and with the restraints that Halsey all but ignored. There is also the matter of a memo from Halsey in Halo 4: "The interesting factor here isn't that H-1 disabled the viral termination code I implanted in her matrix. These metrics imply its success wasn't just unlikely, but that even the accepted seven-year life cycle estimates may not apply. Thus far, I've determined that the unique circumstances of her creation have triggered what I can only refer to as a recessive variant in the AI seed. As her architect, I'm currently at a loss as to the origin of this rogue element. Very... curious." Not to mention that this whole "Created arc" is, in a way, the culmination of her story arc at the hands of the Gravemind. Halo 3's ending for that was highly unsatisfying; we find her, she says she's broken, but she's fine? No. I think people are so blinded with dislike for 343 that they're failing to see the parallels between what's happening now and the actions of Mendicant Bias to the Forerunners. Especially now that we apparently have a "good Cortana", this mirrors the creation and deployment of Offensive Bias.
I suppose it's a fair explanation, but I still don't like it. Cortana finding the Domain was just too convenient, and damage control by Frankie didn't help matters. Calling us "young fans" who didn't understand "subtlety or nuance" isn't really on. You had the ad campaign as well, which frankly was way better than the final product. To the point it misled a lot of people. Including me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8