Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Shotgun (Halo CE, Halo Reach style)

OP Whimsical DE

I would love a shotgun similar to the style of the shotgun from Halo CE and Halo Reach, there is a reason that Bungie started Halo and ended there work on Halo with that design. The new one on Halo 5 looks abstract, but it is clunky and ugly in my opinion.
Also remember the ambiance Bungie had on all of there maps, one small example. Especially on Halo ODST the streets of Mombasa and the start of the mission Keyes in the swamp with the classic beam that rises objects. Beautiful, if I made a game from my dreams and they are out of this world in weirdness, the maps would be undescribably beautiful, because of their alienated ambiance.
Yeah I don't like the H4/5 shotgun design as much as the previous games. There's too much going on, keep it simple.
It looks a bit too much like a bar with another bar at an angle. I like the classic design a lot more because it’s unique with my favorite bit being the green sights.
Ye I hope the old design returns, it was more iconic if anything.
The Halo CE shotgun is my favorite design and the Reach design is also good. The H4/5 shotgun looks too tacticool. I prefer something more simplistic
Maybe they can keep both the new and old shotgun in the game. They can make it where the new shotgun has longer range but lower damage and the old shotgun has better damage but shorter range. They can also do this comparison with other weapons that changed throughout the years like the Magnum, Battle Rifle, and Rocket Launcher.
Maybe they can keep both the new and old shotgun in the game. They can make it where the new shotgun has longer range but lower damage and the old shotgun has better damage but shorter range. They can also do this comparison with other weapons that changed throughout the years like the Magnum, Battle Rifle, and Rocket Launcher.
I really hope they don't start doing stuff like that to be honest. It's bad enough that they made a new rocket launcher for no reason at all. I would like them to stop making x different amounts of x weapons and just have one design per weapon. If they want more weapons then just make all new ones I'd say.

@OP I think I prefer the Reach shotgun. Weapon sound effects in general I felt took a real step back in Halo 5 compared to H2A.
Speaking of design alone my favorite shotguns are from HCE classic and Reach, best sound imho was from H2A MP though!

None of them are really all that iconic to me however. If they change design all together in Hi I wouldn't get mad. I just don't want the extremely small first person model from H2 classic or the monster from H4/5 back to be happy!

Worst human weapon design? If you ask me the new rocket and the H4 BR. I also prefer the Reach DMR over the H4 one onward, but I don't hate it either. I'm a fan of the H5 pistol though, at least design wise. ☺

That said we have the HW2 art director now under 343i wings, I'm certain all weapons will look awesome in Hi! 🤘😎
Before knowing what Halo was, I remember owning those mini-figures and the old shotgun looked so cool side way and with the scopes, just cool!
The Halo CE and Reach shotguns are different designs. They're similar, but no closer than they are to the Halo 2 and 3 designs.

Halo CE Shotgun

Reach Shotgun
I would love a shotgun similar to the style of the shotgun from Halo CE and Halo Reach, there is a reason that Bungie started Halo and ended there work on Halo with that design. The new one on Halo 5 looks abstract, but it is clunky and ugly in my opinion.
the CE shotgun and the Reach Shotgun were different designs. so your statement of Bungie starting the series with the reach design is incorrect. Unless you are talking about the CE Anniversary shotgun, but CE Anniversary was made by 343.
the CE shotgun and the Reach Shotgun were different designs. so your statement of Bungie starting the series with the reach design is incorrect. Unless you are talking about the CE Anniversary shotgun, but CE Anniversary was made by 343.
Of course I am referring to the Halo CE anniversary one, which is not significantly different to the original, the only differences are the lack of textures/details, the squared edges and the longer barrel. But since you mentioned this, the old Halo CE model with the textures seen on the weapon in the Mega Bloks sets and on more detailed pictures, not in-game sets, pictured here. Would be also equally awesome.
Halo 2 Anniversary has the best looking shotgun, in my opinion.
The game needs a magazine fed shotgun. 2558 and we're still manually reloading these things.
Of course I am referring to the Halo CE anniversary one, which is not significantly different to the original, the only differences are the lack of textures/details, the squared edges and the longer barrel. But since you mentioned this, the old Halo CE model with the textures seen on the weapon in the Mega Bloks sets and on more detailed pictures, not in-game sets, pictured here. Would be also equally awesome.
you are forgetting that the reach version had a flash light on the side and the fact the shotgun in Reach classified as an M45 and the on in classic CE is a DTM series
To be honest, I liked halo 5s shotguns performance, but I think that reach's art style was the best.

This post has been hidden.

12 round magazine?
12 round magazine.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."