Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

should Blow me away be in infinites sound track?

OP HomebredAbyss27

honestly i love the song when played in the combat of halo 2 so would it be cool to have it in infinite? what are your thoughts?
I’m pretty sure Breaking Benjamin aren’t very keen on Halo anymore.
Considering they had to replace the song in the anniversary mode of Halo 2 in 2014, I very much doubt that it will make a reappearance ever.

Would it be cool though? Yes. Absolutely. That or something similar would be a very cool throwback to Halo 2.
Considering they had to replace the song in the anniversary mode of Halo 2 in 2014, I very much doubt that it will make a reappearance ever.

Would it be cool though? Yes. Absolutely. That or something similar would be a very cool throwback to Halo 2.
II've never really understood what happened there
It would be a really cool easter egg!!
I really want Steve Vai to be brought back. Halo 2: Anniversary's "Genesong" is amazing. I can imagine it now: you as the Chief rally the local marines to push through Banished forces, you climb into a Warthog, then Steve's God-like riffs start.

I never knew about that. Did something bad happen or did they just lose interest? That song slapped hard in Halo 2. I never actually wondered why they never remade it for H2A.
I hope that in Halo infinite the soundtrack to feel amazing as in other Halo, for example in the final mission final of H3 and H4, i loved that part.
Well it would be cool but i highly believe it wont. Ask and you shall receive. 😅
Hell yeah. I love halo 2 theme song

I never knew about that. Did something bad happen or did they just lose interest? That song slapped hard in Halo 2. I never actually wondered why they never remade it for H2A.
They never renewed the rights for their music in H2A and said on stage in 2016 that they didn’t like 343. Sounds like they are just a bit sour about the new direction of the games.

They never renewed the rights for their music in H2A and said on stage in 2016 that they didn’t like 343. Sounds like they are just a bit sour about the new direction of the games.
That's unfortunate. As I kinda missed H2 I never got onto the hype train with them and tbh only really know them because of Halo.

It's less about how Breaking Benjamin feels about 343 and more how they felt about Halo in general.

Not to mention there was a whole copywrite/licensing issue with the former drummer and the rest of the band. Just seems like a whole "too much effort" situation.
BreezyStarfish1 is absolutely right. I'm a big fan of Breaking Benjamin and have followed news about them ever since I was in middle school, and they had a pretty messy breakup and reformation occur in the very early 2010's.

My understanding is that, Ben Burnley's feelings about modern Halo aside (I do think he's soured at least some on the series since 343i took over), the "original" albums and material recorded by Breaking Benjamin's original lineup are in a bit of a funky place with licensing. If I'm not mistaken, one of the largest factors in the split of the band was a reworked cover of "Blow Me Away," with Valora vocals dubbed in alongside Burnley's and added to the band's Greatist Hits album without his express consent. With that in mind, I'm not sure Burnley is keen on re-recording or licensing that song out for use in more media (although I know the band does still occasionally play it live).

It's possible that Breaking Benjamin's new lineup might be interested, if approached, in recording an original song for inclusion in Infinite, but it's getting pretty late for that to happen at this point, and I'm not sure 343i has any interest at all in making that happen either.

The trend of hot bands contributing original singles for inclusion in movie and game OST's got to be downright nuts in the 2000's, and while I have a lot of nostalgia for many of those songs and the media they were featured in, I feel like maybe those days are best left behind.

That's a shame. Would have been awesome if they'd remastered that song for it.
MAHUAZ wrote:
I hope that in Halo infinite the soundtrack to feel amazing as in other Halo, for example in the final mission final of H3 and H4, i loved that part.
From what we've seen so far, I'm pretty sure the soundtrack will fit Infinite. I don't play H2A much, so I can't say I know what song everyone else is talking about, but Halo is known for making great last mission battles/ cutscenes.