Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should Breakout return

OP RustCrayfish767

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I liked breakout in halo 5 as its own thing and I would not mind to see it return what about you guys
I loved breakout. The round based gameplay added a new level of intensity to the game. Hopefully it gets its own playlist without extermination.
Breakout would be awesome in Infinite. Just use it on the normal maps instead of the weird blue augmented reality type maps.
If it's like the original version of breakout then absolutely! That was the only mode I really cared about and would continually return to.
I liked it when it launched, Halo was missing that kind of one life round based mode. I didn't like it after the changes but yeah, I'd like to see it return.
Personally, no. To me breakout didn't really play like Halo.
Only if it wound up being like the original Breakout. I could go without touching Breakout 2.0 ever again.
Breakout would have had better legs if it had more directly copied the bomb mode from Counter Strike. I.e., replace the neutral flag in the middle with a neutral bomb in the middle.

It was still one of my favorite modes at launch though. I think the first map refresh that hit it did way more harm than good. The launch breakout maps were amazing, and I didn't like many of the maps they rotated in later except for the clone of The Pit.
I wouldn't mind Breakout returning. Didn't play much of it but when I did with friends, it was quite exciting.
Uuv wrote:
Only if it wound up being like the original Breakout. I could go without touching Breakout 2.0 ever again.
I havent played halo 5 for a hot min. what is 2.0?
I enjoyed breakout on Halo 5's launch. The lower shields, 1 frag, and perfect symmetry maps made the matches feel tactical and fair. I would like them to bring it back as a ranked mode and give players the forge tools to make their own versions. Maybe just change the aesthetic from that blue grid arena to something that looks a little more UNSC.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Uuv wrote:
shotguns and shields
Uuv wrote:
You start with Shotguns and Magnums, have full shields, and radar is enabled. They also made a change revolving around the flag pull, where you no longer grab the flag and push towards the enemy spawn, but rather you grab the flag and make a retreat back to your own spawn.
Should Breakout return? Heck YES...if it is original breakout (1.0), and not the 2.0 version with the shottys. Shottys take away the sweatiness/tactical feel, as people can camp with a good close-quarters weapon they already spawned with. Powerful close quarters weaponsn eed to be something you find on the map, not something you start with.
Should Breakout return? Heck YES...if it is original breakout (1.0), and not the 2.0 version with the shottys. Shottys take away the sweatiness/tactical feel, as people can camp with a good close-quarters weapon they already spawned with. Powerful close quarters weaponsn eed to be something you find on the map, not something you start with.
Yeah, also you trade way to much with shottys, which is just annoying for both people.
Cody15x wrote:
Yeah, also you trade way to much with shottys, which is just annoying for both people.
Yup. Shottys are meant to be encountered unexpectedly in "Oh -Yoink!-" moments. When everyone gets a shotty, its so predictable. Like, oh wow, I'm so surprised that person is camping around the corner (Borat voice: NAWT) lol
Conceptually, I like the Breakpoint idea. But more varied maps are pretty key.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2