Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should Bubble Shield return to Halo Infinite?

OP xXxMemeMaster69

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I was a bit disappointed with the multiplayer aspect of Halo 5: Guardians (I'm talking about BTB CTF and Warzone). It seemed to me that there were too few tactical elements that made me love the classic Bungie trilogy.

The Bubble Shield from Halo 3 is a great example that has worked in gameplay better than Armor Abilities in Reach or 4.

Can we have it back for the great finale?
Sprinting into cover is bad enough. I would like to think having this too, is just too much.
I could see it making a return in the campaign if they are going for a sandbox oriented campaign like bungie did for Halo 3. By the looks of the trailer, Halo Infinite is going back to the vast landscapes that were present In Halo Ce and Halo 3. Which could mean more opportunities to bring back previous mechanics in past games. I would love to see this in Multiplayer only if they can balance out Spartan Abilities or leave them out entirely in a classic playlist.
I was a bit disappointed with the multiplayer aspect of Halo 5: Guardians (I'm talking about BTB CTF and Warzone). It seemed to me that there were too few tactical elements that made me love the classic Bungie trilogy.

The Bubble Shield from Halo 3 is a great example that has worked in gameplay better than Armor Abilities in Reach or 4.

If spartan abilities are gone and equipment comes back then yes I would like it to return
Yes, and for the few who actually want AAs to return, 343 should add them to the equipment list. Halo's multiplayer is meant to work like a leveling system—everybody starts at the bottom with the fundamental mechanics and the goal is to work to the top with map pickups. Not sure why it's moved so far away from that. It's like the new games start the players with all of the best equipment already attached to the Spartans, and the goal is to run to the ridiculously easy to use, designated power weapon to mitigate the lapse of pacing. If everybody's OP, nobody's OP isn't a concept that should've made it outside of Action Sack.

Somewhere down the line the mistake was made that each new game needs a brand new template to keep it fresh. In reality, the template should've stayed the same while weapons, vehicles, equipment, maps and gametypes were altered and added to keep it fresh. All that combined with the evolving technology to make the game look better and play tighter would've been enough to ensure that the series didn't turn into Halo 3.5... but instead we got Reach, Reach V2, and Halo 5.
id prefer it to sprint and armor abilities
Yes, and for the few who actually want AAs to return, 343 should add them to the equipment list. Halo's multiplayer is meant to work like a leveling system—everybody starts at the bottom with the fundamental mechanics and the goal is to work to the top with map pickups. Not sure why it's moved so far away from that. It's like the new games start the players with all of the best equipment already attached to the Spartans, and the goal is to run to the ridiculously easy to use, designated power weapon to mitigate the lapse of pacing. If everybody's OP, nobody's OP isn't a concept that should've made it outside of Action Sack.

Somewhere down the line the mistake was made that each new game needs a brand new template to keep it fresh. In reality, the template should've stayed the same while weapons, vehicles, equipment, maps and gametypes were altered and added to keep it fresh. All that combined with the evolving technology to make the game look better and play tighter would've been enough to ensure that the series didn't turn into Halo 3.5... but instead we got Reach, Reach V2, and Halo 5.
This. I feel like this would be the key to bring back classic gameplay while having AA's at the same time. I miss my jetpacks & bubble shields lol
I honestly miss equipment and will take it over armor abilities any day. Halo's gameplay revolves around guns, grenades, and melee. Armor/Spartan abilities disrupt this perfect triangle. Equipment doesn't because it's a sandbox element; that you pick up and don't spawn with. You have no guarantee that you'll get the equipment and it has a one time use. If you don't use it and you die, well then tough luck. See? Equipment is kind of like power weapons but tools instead of weapons. I hope to see equipment return in a future Halo game.
Sprinting into cover is bad enough. I would like to think having this too, is just too much.
You think the bubble shield is a lot? XD It can be a -Yoink- sometimes for sure, but it's no different from deploying a plasma shield, which the covenant do all the time. Just looks different.

I actually like the bubble shield in Reach, but I like the Halo 3 version more. The one in Halo 3 is prettier and not as big. I like it that way. I wouldn't mind to see the power drain return too.
I wouldn't mind an equipment return for social like BTB or WZ but don't let it near arena.
I'd much rather have the use of a Bubble Shield over sprinting, any day!
Hell yeah, bring back ALL the equipment. Was so much fun and adds a strategic advantage.
I think bubble shield, health regen and basically all of the h3 extra utilities should return.
You think the bubble shield is a lot? XD It can be a -Yoink- sometimes for sure, but it's no different from deploying a plasma shield, which the covenant do all the time. Just looks different.

I actually like the bubble shield in Reach, but I like the Halo 3 version more. The one in Halo 3 is prettier and not as big. I like it that way. I wouldn't mind to see the power drain return too.
I wouldn't mind halo going back to its core gameplay either and dropping all the gimmicks,

I wouldn't mind halo going back to its core gameplay either and dropping all the gimmicks,
Halo 3 was core gameplay but with the gimmicks and it worked flawlessly.
Mr Vacha wrote:

Halo 3 was core gameplay but with the gimmicks and it worked flawlessly.
Guess we can agree to disagree.

Right. Halo doesn't necessarily need gimmicks to succeed. What it had in the beginning was already great!
I was never a big fan of the equipment in Halo 3, but I wouldn't mind it returning as long as it's a pickup instead of a loadout
I'd like to see the drop shield return but better implemented. I'm excited to see what HI has to offer!

I have been thoroughly disappointed that we have never had a permanent capture the flag matchmaking.

80% of the games that I played in Halo 4 were CTF.

I hope and pray it comes back in Halo 6.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2