Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should death voices return in Halo Infinite?

OP AMA4N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
sniper945 wrote:
Wait... people thought those death sounds were funny?! Lol

I always took them rather serious, they gave me chills especially when I'd here death sounds from halo 1 in halo 3...

Just think about it... MASTER CHIEF IS DEAD! Those screams are from our great hero falling in combat. When I hear them, all I think about is "were screwed".

Unless of course I'm derping around with friends, than I guess it's pretty funny.
depends on what sound they make.
That would be so funny if they did lol hearing your character after he’s been killed is iconic lol
There was nothing funnier than killing an Elite and hearing "AARRUUAAAUURAAA!" or Chief's famous "HWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" from falling off the map.
That would be so funny if they did lol hearing your character after he’s been killed is iconic lol
lol, that would be so funny.
The death screams of Halo 3 have been sorely missed. It really made for some hilarious moment when you got killed in multiplayer. I really hope they add them back but it seems doubtful just because they added a story element to the multiplayer. Unless they decide to really go back to their roots and just have a bunch of random Spartans and elites battling it out on multiplayer maps and not in a simulation game which was way better back then honestly.
The death screams of Halo 3 have been sorely missed. It really made for some hilarious moment when you got killed in multiplayer. I really hope they add them back but it seems doubtful just because they added a story element to the multiplayer. Unless they decide to really go back to their roots and just have a bunch of random Spartans and elites battling it out on multiplayer maps and not in a simulation game which was way better back then honestly.
they focus on Halo 3 in MCC, H3 music was in halo infinite's trailer so it could actually tbh
It's a minor aspect to me but if I got to choose, yes.
I always felt this death screans a bit exaggerated. It is like Luke Skywalker jumping off of the platform when Darth Vader reveals he is his father. It is a "AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH" almost childish. I don't know how to explain it properly.
I don't think much about death voices but kind of funny so I wouldn't mind it coming back
I always felt this death screans a bit exaggerated. It is like Luke Skywalker jumping off of the platform when Darth Vader reveals he is his father. It is a "AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH" almost childish. I don't know how to explain it properly.
You probably already know this, but that scream is the same scream Palpatine made at the end of Return of the Jedi after he got thrown into a pit by Darth Vader. They added that scream in a re-release of Empire Strikes back sometime after Return of the Jedi came out. I don't wanna derail this thread, so i just want to say that only.
The death screams in Halo 2 and 3 were amazing, i never noticed they were removed when Reach came out until people pointed it out.
Bring back the death voices!!!!!
I think they should be returned in full force, but with options tied to them, like a toggle on, toggle off, standard, and maybe a more serious setting too. I say that because as much as I love the ridiculousness of the OG death cries, I'd opt personally for a more serious tone.
Izaya wrote:
I think they should be returned in full force, but with options tied to them, like a toggle on, toggle off, standard, and maybe a more serious setting too. I say that because as much as I love the ridiculousness of the OG death cries, I'd opt personally for a more serious tone.
That's a really good idea. Maybe they could allow you to toggle it based on certain deaths kinda like this:
  • Wacky death sounds after falling off a cliff: On
  • Wacky death sounds after getting splattered: Off
There would be more options to toggle, but this is just a basic demonstration.
You probably already know this, but that scream is the same scream Palpatine made at the end of Return of the Jedi after he got thrown into a pit by Darth Vader. They added that scream in a re-release of Empire Strikes back sometime after Return of the Jedi came out. I don't wanna derail this thread, so i just want to say that only.
Yes, I know that it was added later and that's why it sounds silly in some way.
Yes, I know that it was added later and that's why it sounds silly in some way.
It really is silly, Mark Hamil sounds nothing like Ian McDiarmid so it sounds really funny hearing Luke make that scream.
Spoiler:
Show
Simply give us the toggle option.
It would be cool if these voices return like HAAAWWWWWAAA or AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHH
Yes, they should.
Yeah of course they're funny and add to the realism of a match.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3