Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should Halo Infinite have a song by Hans Zimmer?

OP Zigma X

It's something I've had in mind, I think having a composer like Hans Zimmer on a Halo Infinite song would be a big thing. His work and awards speak for himself: Interstellar, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception and many more.The Halo Infinite soundtrack has been incredible but it would be a hype bomb if 343 Industries and Xbox hire him. What do you think?
Zigma X wrote:
It's something I've had in mind, I think having a composer like Hans Zimmer on a Halo Infinite song would be a big thing. His work and awards speak for himself: Interstellar, The Dark Knight Rises, Inception and many more.The Halo Infinite soundtrack has been incredible but it would be a hype bomb if 343 Industries and Xbox hire him. What do you think?
This. Thus Hans Zimmer is not needed, he creates amazing music yes, but 343 has 3 very talented Composers. So why add Zimmer?
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if a few tracks are already composed, recorded and released then the whole soundtrack is likely finished.
Definitely not, Hans Zimmer's score are mostly repetetive, his themes and motifs are great,
but they're also very similar and not very outstanding IMO.
Apart from that, especielly Coker is doin' a great job, so I don't see any reason
to put a song by him in just to have a name-drop.
Hans Zimmer is good, but as it is, 3 composers for Halo Infinite is quite a few. You don't want too many cooks in the kitchen. There might be too many already lol
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Thank you all for responding, the truth is that my dream was for Marty O'Donnell to return because of the love he has for Halo but I am very happy with the music they are making
Hans Zimmer is good, but as it is, 3 composers for Halo Infinite is quite a few. You don't want too many cooks in the kitchen. There might be too many already lol
Definitely too many cooks in my kitchen, it’s like 5 foot by 16. 2 people in it is crowded!

Jokes aside, having this many composers has had me *slightly* concerned for this reason, despite everything I’ve heard so far being nothing short of truly exceptional. One thing I need to remind myself is that it’s wasn’t just Marty back in the day, a lot of people forget it was Marty AND Michael composing the music. Three though? Like you said, too many cooks.

Stick Hanz Zimmer in there and it’d just be chaos. Plus he’s got his own style (which I personally find rather bland, not saying it’s bad and if that’s your thing that’s cool) and that style just ain’t Halo.
Maybe for future singleplayer add ons since this game is supposed to be a platform for 10 years. But I have a sneaky suspicion that the soundtrack for Halo: Infinite is pretty much finalised.
It would be cool to hear what a Halo inspired Hans Zimmer orchestra would sound like, even if it was just one song, but I doubt he would make any sort of return to video games. Too small a paycheck.

He did do the COD MW2 soundtrack and I think that's wack.
If we're talking about adding big name movie composers my choice would be Danny Elfman. His style wouldn't fit Halo, but at least it'd be interesting and catchy.
Zigma X wrote:
Any property that has an opportunity for a Hans Zimmer collaboration should do it lol

I personally would rather see Alan Silvestri though.
I'd rather have marty back. Or the guy that scored h5.
I can see Hans Zimmer compose the soundtracks for the Halo spin off video games. I would love to see Hans Zimmer doing the soundtracks for the new Halo ODST video game and the Arbiter spin off video game.