Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should Halo Infinite have new playable species?

OP MurmuringBoot96

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
As most people know in Halo 2, 3 and Reach you can play as Sangheili in multiplayer. Should Halo Infinite have more species for the player to choose how to play in multiplayer? It would be nice if 343 added an option to be able to play as a Promethean Soldier, it gives the game more variety and customization options for the player and their preferred multiplayer species. What other species would be a good addition to be playable as in the game?
Crazy idea: what if Forge this time lets you create single-player levels and we can play as any species we want?
Sounds like a promising idea but I think 343 is more invested in the Spartan Super Soldiers for multiplayer and other non-campaign gameplay. I was initally shocked when they removed the playable sangheilis in Halo 4 but I understood their reasoning and soon lost interest shortly afterwards. Although I'm open to seeing another playable species as it does make the online games feel a little visually diverse.
I wanna see a gears 3 hoarde mode for h6..
Drones are the only thing that makes any sense in a PvP environment.
It has always been playable Spartans and Elites for the longest time. Therefore, the logical next step is, of course, playable...Brutes! Ha ha ha!
...honestly though, I wish they were playable in Halo 3. Those stealth Brutes had such good looking armour!
It has always been playable Spartans and Elites for the longest time. Therefore, the logical next step is, of course, playable...Brutes! Ha ha ha!
...honestly though, I wish they were playable in Halo 3. Those stealth Brutes had such good looking armour!
Brutes with new/old armors for it to be like a Halo Reach customization and same goes with Promethean Soldiers would be nice but I doubt 343 will actually read this and listen to us :(
Crazy idea: what if Forge this time lets you create single-player levels and we can play as any species we want?
That is really good idea, but dreams and wishes are too good to be true :(
Brutes with new/old armors for it to be like a Halo Reach customization and same goes with Promethean Soldiers would be nice but I doubt 343 will actually read this and listen to us :(
343 may actually read this, and they might be listening to you, but if other playable species are not already in development then it is much too late for Infinite.
It is impossible for any game developer to implement what all the players want. Even if they tried, their games would be total trash. If your want Reach level customization for Spartans, Elites, Brutes, and Prometheans, then I don't know how to respond to you. I would want 100+ other things before that.
I’m personally hoping elites return and that they add in brutes. I’m a huge fan of invasion and would love to have them for some more faction vs faction goodness.
Elites, Brutes, and Soldiers would be really cool. They'd have to change how the Soldiers look though, I think they'd be decievingly skinny as they are in H5.
Elites, Brutes, and Soldiers would be really cool. They'd have to change how the Soldiers look though, I think they'd be decievingly skinny as they are in H5.
So long as their floaty bits match standard player hitbox size, Soldiers wouldn't be much of an issue. You'd have to lose the teleport ability, however, for balance.
I could see that being really cool in some sort of asymmetrical gametype(s), similar to Invasion in Reach. (Perhaps a 3-way "Team vs. Team vs. Team" version of Invasion??) I'd say they should just keep normal multiplayer to spartan/elite or spartan-only though. The only reason spartan/elite worked in the past was because they're easy to be made very similarly in terms of model and hit boxes.
MysticKami wrote:
So long as their floaty bits match standard player hitbox size, Soldiers wouldn't be much of an issue. You'd have to lose the teleport ability, however, for balance.
Ah...if armour abilities were present, the teleport thing could have been used as their version of Evade. Perhaps in the off chance that Soldiers are somehow playable in Infinite, there could be a Forerunner playlist where you play as them and can use the ability in place of, say, equipment. I don't know. I am just throwing ideas out there. Although I think we might be getting ahead of ourselves with playable Soldiers, eh? We don't even know yet if we will be able to play as Elites...
It's almost like mods way back in reach allowed you to do that and 343i has literally no excuse besides just not wanting to do it.
Hard pass.
As long as they tweak their phasing mechanic I have no problem with playable Soldiers
As long as they tweak their phasing mechanic I have no problem with playable Soldiers
Also hit box as some others have said
Hard pass. I’d like the playable Sangheili back. Not anything new
I prefer the 2 species limit we have had forever. Adding another species to customize and play as feels like it would dilute how much content we could pack in for Spartans and Elites.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2