Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should Halo Infinite MP Have Map Voting?

OP FloppyFish05583

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It's funny how I made a thread really similar to this one here a week or so ago, except, that I asked, which system they liked the most and made clear, that I would rather have MCC's System or the Veto System instead of Reach' System and somehow everyone was acting like the Choose-what-to-play-System was the best thing in the world and with that said didn't got the point, WHY I was preferring the first 2 options, telling me things like I don't like to be in the minority, wasting other people's time with forcing them to play what they don't want and yada yada..

Now everyone behave the exact opposite way leading me to believe, that in a normal case the people who reply are the ones who don't go conform with what is said in the original post.. 💁

On Topic: As you may thought, I prefer it the diversity way, having to play everything with maybe a Veto System in Place, but nothing more.. I would rather play a few maps I don't love the way like my favorite ones instead of just playing the same thing over and over again.
DonVinzone wrote:
Fos Kuvol wrote:
Veto was definitely the best system. In Halo 3 you weren't just vetoing the map either, it was the gametype. So even if you got ARs on Guardian, you'd have to choose whether to play a good map, or get BRs on trash. It basically ensured that every map was played in the rotation.
Ehm...H3 turned into BRs on The Pit most of the time if you weren't playing BTB. Definately proof enough for me to say no to a veto/vote system. The way it works in H5 is fine.
Laughs in Snowbound AR's.
ronnie42 wrote:
So I can play the same 2-3 maps...no thanks. I'd rather map voting never return in any future Halo games. If people wanted the same few maps over, over then they should stick to custom games browser for their specific maps/game-types. Veto/voting should never return and there is nothing good about them, like said in other threads good riddance to them because they were the worst part of Halo matchmaking.
Voting like Reach is fine, it gives feedback what players actually want to play. I know it's bad if some maps never come to the light of the day but dev's could see which maps are more preffered than others more easily and thinking afterwards, what they can change.

Best example The Cage from Halo Reach. After 343i take over, there were waaaay more deadzones and - especially for living dead - the players in nearly all lobbies never voted for the cage again.
ronnie42 wrote:
So I can play the same 2-3 maps...no thanks. I'd rather map voting never return in any future Halo games. If people wanted the same few maps over, over then they should stick to custom games browser for their specific maps/game-types. Veto/voting should never return and there is nothing good about them, like said in other threads good riddance to them because they were the worst part of Halo matchmaking.
Voting like Reach is fine, it gives feedback what players actually want to play. I know it's bad if some maps never come to the light of the day but dev's could see which maps are more preffered than others more easily and thinking afterwards, what they can change.

Best example The Cage from Halo Reach. After 343i take over, there were waaaay more deadzones and - especially for living dead - the players in nearly all lobbies never voted for the cage again.
No thanks, I remember Reach, it wasn't a perfect system. I still remember things like Rocketfest getting picked nearly every time and I remember when it was in MCC, a majority of the time all I ever saw was Valhalla so map voting needs to stay away. They can tell which maps people prefer by adding feedback to the matchmaking forums and find proper weight balancing so all the maps/game-types get fair balancing regardless of if certain maps are more 'popular'.
It's funny how I made a thread really similar to this one here a week or so ago, except, that I asked, which system they liked the most and made clear, that I would rather have MCC's System or the Veto System instead of Reach' System and somehow everyone was acting like the Choose-what-to-play-System was the best thing in the world and with that said didn't got the point, WHY I was preferring the first 2 options, telling me things like I don't like to be in the minority, wasting other people's time with forcing them to play what they don't want and yada yada..

Now everyone behave the exact opposite way leading me to believe, that in a normal case the people who reply are the ones who don't go conform with what is said in the original post.. 💁

On Topic: As you may thought, I prefer it the diversity way, having to play everything with maybe a Veto System in Place, but nothing more.. I would rather play a few maps I don't love the way like my favorite ones instead of just playing the same thing over and over again.
Don't mean to be rude, but you barely had two pages of replies in your thread,
that isn't representative in any way.
Apart from that, neither the OP nor you have been the first ones to bring up that topic
in the last ten years since Reach.

Vetoing is bad, voting is bad.
Letting the game itself choose the map make sure the decision was neutral and fair,
and it allows for less popular maps to get in rotation, furthermore,
players won't be able to blame other players to be at fault when a map does or does not pop up often enough.
The only way to allow players some degree of control over their experience, while not simultaneously nullifying 50%+ of all maps, is to allow for a single round of vetos to the first map that loads. If the first map is vetoed, then a second map is randomly chosen which you MUST play.

In every FPS, a few maps become the community favorites and then people whine about why all the other maps aren't more similar to the community favorites.

A voting option would simply devolve into the same 2-3 maps being played in every match because those are the community favorites or they are the maps that people read about online as being the "best maps" and therefore the correct options to choose.
So after playing MCC for a while, I started noticing that some of the cool maps were never used (Highground, for example). What if Infinite had 3 or 5 maps that the players could vote for if they stayed in the matchmaking lobby, or 343 allowed us to vote for a map after the lobby filled, but before the match started? I think this would be a pretty good idea, since it would give some other, less used maps some play time. I would love to play highground in MCC MP, but it never happens. Please give us map voting!!
(Or a revised and fair veto button)
Didn't all the Halo games have map voting, though? The early ones, I mean
Valta6803 wrote:
So after playing MCC for a while, I started noticing that some of the cool maps were never used (Highground, for example). What if Infinite had 3 or 5 maps that the players could vote for if they stayed in the matchmaking lobby, or 343 allowed us to vote for a map after the lobby filled, but before the match started? I think this would be a pretty good idea, since it would give some other, less used maps some play time. I would love to play highground in MCC MP, but it never happens. Please give us map voting!!
(Or a revised and fair veto button)
Didn't all the Halo games have map voting, though? The early ones, I mean
I think reach did... haven't played that disc in a while. I didn't have gold and stuff when 3 came out, so not sure about that one. But even on the master chief collection, I'd still like to see the other maps be played. Highground on 3 is one of my favorites, but it never gets played.
Just bring back the veto system from Halo 3.
As I've said countless times before, voting is the worst for reasons people have already given. The current Halo 5 or the veto system from Halo 3 are the only two systems I like and make sense as far as I'm concerned.
(Or a revised and fair veto button/more map rotation)
hello Spartan look at me I don't like the idea of ​​choosing the maps through the vote because
some will not be played and then one gets tired; but we will see what they will do :)
This, or complete randomness with equal weighting on all maps.
This, or complete randomness with equal weighting on all maps.
Complete randomness is probably best, since it doesn't leave room to exclude some maps people like, but aren't as popular
No.

Voting makes it so you basically only get to play what "the community" likes. If the hivemind has deemed it bad, good luck ever expecting to play the entire game's content.

I personally can't stand when content is effectively removed from a game just because it's not "meta". Like, I paid for this game and I'd like to play all of it, not just the highlight reel.
Map voting needs to return. Everyone else shouldn't have to play unpopular maps you like just because you want to. The majority needs to always win over the minority.
God1383 wrote:
Map voting needs to return. Everyone else shouldn't have to play unpopular maps you like just because you want to. The majority needs to always win over the minority.
Nah that's dumb. There's no map that's so bad that it shouldn't get played. If there is, it would get pulled from the rotation and reworked.
God1383 wrote:
Nah that's dumb. There's no map that's so bad that it shouldn't get played. If there is, it would get pulled from the rotation and reworked.
If we're just bluntly calling people's opinions dumb, than I think your opinion is dumb. Maybe YOU think that there are no maps that aren't worth ever playing, but I think there is. Also, maps that are highly disliked tend not to get reworked, they just get removed from the map rotation. I think map voting does need to be reworked though. For example, you should only be able to vote for a new set of maps once.
I’d rather just the veto. There are certain maps in Halo 5 I never want to play on (I’m looking at you molten) but with voting the same 2-3 maps would just get recycled over and over again. I wouldn’t want that on infinite
But I like Molten. :)

But maps in Infinite should be a lot better. The new Slipspace engine is designed to make life easy for the artists / designers... so not only will maps be faster and easier to produce... but also, I imagine, to make fixes to.

And if Forge lifts it's game as well... it may not matter as there will be 1000's of high quality maps being produced. Hopefully nigh on indistinguishable from developer made ones.
ronnie42 wrote:
Yeah gonna so no to the map voting as well, if they wanna keep playing on the same maps than get a group together and play customs games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3