Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Should Halo Infinite (Single Player) be delayed?

OP Skylakeone

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Do you really think people are going to buy a next gen console at launch for a free to play game with no campaign?

It won’t be delayed, it HAS to come out with the campaign.
I doubt many will want to bother buying an Xbox Series X for Halo: Infinite after the graphics displayed on that showcase.
Even if it had amazing graphics, i still wouldn’t buy a Series X for one game, if it had been a Next gen exclusive, i would actually be torn, but since i can play it on my Xbox One, and through gamepass, i’ll instead buy a PS5 and if xbox has something good in a couple of years, i’ll buy a Series X.
Don't believe it's been confirmed that you'll be paying 60 bucks for campaign.
Not yet anyway.

I'm honestly surprised the game is not even available for preorder yet with only a few months until possible release.
I'd be surprised if they asked 60 for campaign only, just because that's virtually unheard of in the industry. Pre-orders are probably waiting till XSX release date and pre-orders are up as well. For better or worse Infinite's marketing and release is tied to that console.
Woah there, unheard of in the industry? You mean for Halo games specifically, right? Hundreds of other linear/open world games with no MP component charge $60. If Halo Infinite is as large as 343 are claiming it is, I don’t see why it would be any different.
As far as Halo is the launching game for Series X they can't delay it even if you want it. Also game nowdays comes out unfinished and get pached later (we have to accept that). All I want is exclusiv unlocks from SP for MP.
If the game is anything remotely like what was shown, I say delay everything at least a year. It looked almost last gen.
I get where you're coming from but I don't think they should delay half the game. I'm hoping that for buying the game, it gives you firefight and all the battle passes for free if they're included as well as the campaign. But I do completely understand you.
Skylakeone wrote:
Don't believe it's been confirmed that you'll be paying 60 bucks for campaign.
Not yet anyway.

I'm honestly surprised the game is not even available for preorder yet with only a few months until possible release.
I'd be surprised if they asked 60 for campaign only, just because that's virtually unheard of in the industry. Pre-orders are probably waiting till XSX release date and pre-orders are up as well. For better or worse Infinite's marketing and release is tied to that console.
Woah there, unheard of in the industry? You mean for Halo games specifically, right? Hundreds of other linear/open world games with no MP component charge $60. If Halo Infinite is as large as 343 are claiming it is, I don’t see why it would be any different.
Honestly I didn't think of it that way, that since Infinite's campaign is more open world that it would be big enough to perhaps justify a 60 dollar price tag. If they do charge that much I would hope that there is enough content to justify it.
Do you really think people are going to buy a next gen console at launch for a free to play game with no campaign?

It won’t be delayed, it HAS to come out with the campaign.
This didn’t age well
Believe this thread has run its course. Let's focus all discussion on the delay to the appropriate megathread.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2