Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should Halo Wars vehicles appear in the FPS games?

OP BeastSprayz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So this topic is more dedicated to should the Halo Wars vehicles (at least some if not all) appear in the mainline FPS Halo games?

I know some fo the air vehicles such as the Nightingale are only created for the RTS purpose, but others seem like they’d fit perfectly into the FPS genre. Notable examples include Sparrowhawks, Vultures, Colossuses, Cyclops’, Wolverines and Jackrabbits. I know this is only the UNSC side but that’s because the Banished may not appear in an FPS title, so I’ll not bring that into the mix.

The main point of this thread is to get feedback from the community as I really haven’t seen this come up before. Do you guys think this should happen, that Halo Wars vehicles should appear in an FPS title, if so, what vehicles would you personally like to see, and if not, then why wouldn’t you want to see Halo Wars vehicles in an FPS title?
I want to play in a Cyclops so bad
Yes, yes they should! People need to be exposed to non traditional fps halo vehicles and get more variety. Also for the lore and firepower that can be added to the games, looking at you vulture and grizzly.

I would love to have a bigger warzone experience where u can have vehicle defence or convoy defence instead or fire fight core and garage defence. Just imagine defending kodiacks and cobras.
100% yes. Give us everything the Halo Universe has in Infinite! Let us play and destroy to our hearts content!
Give me the Hawk, Grizzly tanks, and vampires, then I’ll be a happy camper.
That Hawks and Grizzlies are the top two I want to see, also what are Vampires? Do you mean Vultures?

100% yes. Give us everything the Halo Universe has in Infinite! Let us play and destroy to our hearts content!
More content = greater sandbox

Regice554 wrote:
Yes, yes they should! People need to be exposed to non traditional fps halo vehicles and get more variety. Also for the lore and firepower that can be added to the games, looking at you vulture and grizzly.

I would love to have a bigger warzone experience where u can have vehicle defence or convoy defence instead or fire fight core and garage defence. Just imagine defending kodiacks and cobras.
I love Grizzlies, they have a good place and don’t make Scorpions redundant. As for the convoy idea, that’s definitely unique for a Halo game, and I’d be in board, it’d be like a better version of the FF generator defence in Reach (if it was against AIs which I would hope it is).

Their movements are definitely unique and there are multiple variants too which we could be in the fps game. With HW vehicles, the options are greatly increased.
That Hawks and Grizzlies are the top two I want to see, also what are Vampires? Do you mean Vultures?

More content = greater sandbox

Regice554 wrote:

I love Grizzlies, they have a good place and don’t make Scorpions redundant. As for the convoy idea, that’s definitely unique for a Halo game, and I’d be in board, it’d be like a better version of the FF generator defence in Reach (if it was against AIs which I would hope it is).

Their movements are definitely unique and there are multiple variants too which we could be in the fps game. With HW vehicles, the options are greatly increased.
Vampires are the Covenant anti-air vehicles.
i feel like some do belong while others not so much. the hawk used to be one i always wanted to see up close but we have the wasp now. the cyclops would be cool but i can see it being awkward to use if based purely on melee. the elephant should definitely show up at some point but i don't know how the could do it naturally. obviously there are many others but that's just off the top of my head.
Daresiss wrote:
i feel like some do belong while others not so much. the hawk used to be one i always wanted to see up close but we have the wasp now. the cyclops would be cool but i can see it being awkward to use if based purely on melee. the elephant should definitely show up at some point but i don't know how the could do it naturally. obviously there are many others but that's just off the top of my head.
Well the Hawk and Wasp are two very different vehicles. There’s nothing wrong with adding to the sandbox. The Cyclops could be awkward, but it’ll add diversity to the gameplay and they are armed with weaponry, as well as the different variants of the vehicle. Lastly the Elephant has made a feature in an FPS Halo before (that being Halo 3) but exclusively on the multiplayer map Sandtrap I believe, however it did create a lot of fun on customs. The Elephant was introduced in Halo 3 which came out in 2007, so it came out before HW1 which came out in 2009.

I’d imagine some vehicles would be a bit awkward in an FPS Halo that I haven’t covered above, but I’d like them to be in regardless to add to the replay value of the game.
personally i'd love to have the passenger warthogs from halo 3+ to be implemented into halo wars tbh
personally i'd love to have the passenger warthogs from halo 3+ to be implemented into halo wars tbh
That was the M831 Troop Transport Warthog, and it would be nice to come back, but we are mostly talking about Halo Wars Vehicles here.
ooooo true so u mean like vehicles from halo wars to the fps ones? Like the grizzly for example?
Oh yes please. Would love to see the Kodiak and Wolverine in an FPS Halo
ooooo true so u mean like vehicles from halo wars to the fps ones? Like the grizzly for example?
Yes that is what the title of my post would suggest, don’t know why that needed clarification or why you thought otherwise.

Glad you agree. Although those aren’t my favourites, I still would like them in there. If this general idea gets a lot of support, I don’t see why 343 wouldn’t do it.
Yes that is what the title of my post would suggest, don’t know why that needed clarification or why you thought otherwise.

Glad you agree. Although those aren’t my favourites, I still would like them in there. If this general idea gets a lot of support, I don’t see why 343 wouldn’t do it.
I mean, in Halo 3 and 5, the Covenant have their Anti-Air Wraiths, so why can’t the UNSC get their Anti-Air Wolverine?
Seeing a Vampire would be interesting. I support all the other posts about the Grizzlies, Hawks, etc.
I got the title mixed up lol
Yeah, I really want the warthog to appear in a halo game. That would be great.
I would love for the blisterback to make an appearance. I would be awesome to fly and then deploy in its siege mode to rain death and destruction on your enemies. And I know they’re already in main Halo games, but I’m still holding out hope for driveable Scarabs.
I would love for the blisterback to make an appearance. I would be awesome to fly and then deploy in its siege mode to rain death and destruction on your enemies. And I know they’re already in main Halo games, but I’m still holding out hope for driveable Scarabs.
Well for the Blisterback, that’s a long shot and the game would have to involve Banish, but for the Scarab that should be achievable but whether it’s implemented is another. Personally I would love to commandeer either of these vehicles but it’s up to 343 if they want them to be controllable in a FPS.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3