Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should Halo Wars vehicles appear in the FPS games?

OP BeastSprayz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I’m fine with this.
I want to play in a Cyclops so bad
That would be so cool! Really didn't think of this! I was going towards operating a wolverine or even a locust 😃 but yh for sure should add in at least some of the vehicles from Halo Wars or even Halo Wars 2 🙂
Banished vehicles are attractive
Cool
very much,
Very cool
64 players mode and Halo Wars vehicles.
I wouldn't complain if the Colossus-or a super-Mantis like Jerome's-showed up in Halo Infinite.

(I really want that last one. Badly. Mantis missions were my favorite parts of Halo 4 and 5.)
Maybe not all of them because that may be too chaotic in a FPS game, but I would like to see some of them. Also, 343, can I please drive a Scarab? Please?
So this topic is more dedicated to should the Halo Wars vehicles (at least some if not all) appear in the mainline FPS Halo games?

I know some fo the air vehicles such as the Nightingale are only created for the RTS purpose, but others seem like they’d fit perfectly into the FPS genre. Notable examples include Sparrowhawks, Vultures, Colossuses, Cyclops’, Wolverines and Jackrabbits. I know this is only the UNSC side but that’s because the Banished may not appear in an FPS title, so I’ll not bring that into the mix.

The main point of this thread is to get feedback from the community as I really haven’t seen this come up before. Do you guys think this should happen, that Halo Wars vehicles should appear in an FPS title, if so, what vehicles would you personally like to see, and if not, then why wouldn’t you want to see Halo Wars vehicles in an FPS title?
Yes, I want to launch a mammoth
I don’t see why not. The more the merrier.
Balancing may become a bit of an issue...
That being said, wouldnt mind seeing the Wolverine as a UNSC Anti-Air Wraith equivilent
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
The only way I see these vehicles being added in is if there is a large scale battle mode even bigger then war zone. Also don’t forget about cobras, rhinos, vampires, etc. from the original Halo Wars
The vulture is my fav halo vehicle i would love to drive it in a fps. The grizzly and colossus are also faves of mine but all three of those are....large and op so if the campaign/btb maps are too small they wouldnt work.
I came here thinking there would be posts about Grizzlies and I was definitely not disappointed. Grizzlies for sure. Vultures and Condors are two of my favorite vehicles from Halo, but I don't think they would be well-suited for an FPS title. Recently, I discovered how -Yoink- the Kestrel from Spartan Strike is. Would love to see that make an appearance. To top it off, another Sabre (or a similar spacecraft) mission like the one from Reach would also be welcome.
I dont think all vehicles have a place. But there should be counter balance. The covies have an anti air wrath so the unsc should get wolverines. If they keep the wasp with the counterpart banshee, then add in hawks, they should add in covenant vampires. If the banishes make an appearance then include banished vehicles. Brutes have been outliers with counterbalance almost but throwing them into the mix never hurt anything. But id only include logical vehicles. A night gale wouldnt be appropriate to add in while a hawk would.
I dont think all vehicles have a place. But there should be counter balance. The covies have an anti air wrath so the unsc should get wolverines. If they keep the wasp with the counterpart banshee, then add in hawks, they should add in covenant vampires. If the banishes make an appearance then include banished vehicles. Brutes have been outliers with counterbalance almost but throwing them into the mix never hurt anything. But id only include logical vehicles. A night gale wouldnt be appropriate to add in while a hawk would.
Keep in mind that the Warthog is already equipped with an Anti-Air weapon in the form of the LAAG, which is arguably more effective against Banshees than the AA Wraith is.
Keep in mind that the Warthog is already equipped with an Anti-Air weapon in the form of the LAAG, which is arguably more effective against Banshees than the AA Wraith is.
The LAAG on the worthog isnt used for anti air. Rather anti infantry. I know the purpose is suppose to be air but no one uses it for that role 😂 the halo 5 anti air wraith is a very niche role that is specifically for targeting aircrafts and has a super high tracking and magnetism. Its annoying on the off chance someone spawns on and uses it to take out your air craft. But fits its role fairly nice
The LAAG on the worthog isnt used for anti air. Rather anti infantry. I know the purpose is suppose to be air but no one uses it for that role 😂 the halo 5 anti air wraith is a very niche role that is specifically for targeting aircrafts and has a super high tracking and magnetism. Its annoying on the off chance someone spawns on and uses it to take out your air craft. But fits its role fairly nice
You know what's really great about having a really big universe of stuff like Halo does? And it being set in a world where heavy machine guns and such exist? You can do the same thing we've been doing since Anti Aircraft guns were developed; Using those massive guns on infantry. What players do with the Warthog, despite the LAAG being Anti-Air, isn't exactly special or immersion-breaking, and it certainly doesn't mean that the UNSC should ALSO pull the same trick as the AA Wraith in a game where the AA Wraith, well, exists. Just look at how crappy the Rockethog is at the same thing, compared to even the normal Warthog.

On that note, and I forgot to mention it earlier, there is a far better UNSC Anti-Air Tank than the crappy AA Wraith Equivalent we call a Wolverine; The Sun Devil model of Scorpion, with a quartet of 40mm Autocannons and a faster turret. Which honestly sounds way cooler than missile spam, and also got spammed historically on infantry.

EDIT; Also, people use the AA Wraith on Infantry lots too. It was really good at doing that in Halo 3 campaign too. So yeah. Even the Covenant's AA Vehicle is primarily used against and is really good at slaughtering infantry.

EDIT 2; Seriously, man, I just want to see the Sun Devil in an FPS Halo. That much dakka-spewing sounds amazing.
I want them to bring the Vampire from Halo Wars and the cyclops to Halo Infinite, that would be so nice!
Even if they're not all pilot-able, it could be neat to make some of the Covenant/Banished vehicles boss battles. Chasing a Blisterback or Locust around would be fun.
I want those Mega block vehicles in the game. The VTOL and the Siege bike.
I would love to pilot a Cyclops!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4