Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should REQ weapon variants return in Infinite?

OP StuftRock1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I wouldn't mind if WZ came back, but I think the req weapons need to be redone.
I don’t mind having alternative skins for weapons in the game, but I’m not a big fan of overly colourful skins that don’t suit Halo. Maybe something more like the ‘’go for gold’’ skin would work.

Honestly though I’m some ways I feel like just having the option to have your Emblem and/or Player ID on your Gun would be enough to make it a bit more personal to the player without making it too over the top.
I agree, some of the camos (looking at you, pizza) were way over the top and didn't feel like something that should be in Halo. I understand 343's goal with the Spartan 4's was for them to be human and have some real personality, but I think they did a bit too much with these ones. I do really like some of the skins, the sharktooth one was always one of my favorites and still felt like something you'd see on the battlefield.
I agree that some of the skins are a bit ridiculous, but I don’t think any of the req variant paints are even remotely over the top.
I’m not a big fan of it. It brings more microtransactions into the game. If it must then at least no variants of the weapons. Make it simple.
Wow. I love the variants. I would be devastated if there was not a Banshee Ultra, ONI Scorpion, or Temple Wraith.
Was never a big fan. I say bring back weapons that were left out from other games.
Lootboxes (whatever publishers choose to call them) need to get out of gaming. They are manipulative and predatory. And have detrimental effects on game design. They are purely to profit for phsychologucally vulnerable people that monetisation designers call "whales"... their words not min3. Considering games like Infinite will predominantly be paid for via gamepass subscription Microsoft really need to pull their head in with first party microtransactions. Imagine paying for Netflix then needing to pay additional money to access certain content...
I love how on Waypoint, the original post will get no likes while a comment saying "I agree" will get like 6 likes lol. At any rate, I agree.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3