Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should the Assault Rifle design change ?

OP buzzsaw135

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Well, we all know the MA5D ICWS from 2554 all the way up into 2558 where Halo 5 left off. Since Halo Infinite will be set in the year 2560, what changes would you like to see for the redesign of the weapon ? And should the design be changed or stay the same ?
Yup! Change it back to that classic CE assault rifle. They seem to be bringing back the old armor, why not even older weapons.
Spoiler:
Show
The Halo 2 Anniversary AR was pretty decent, I think they can work with that.
I'm good with any design 1-4. Even the H5 design without the green part and white stripe. Hated Reach's.
The Halo 2 Anniversary AR was pretty decent, I think they can work with that.
H2A had a bunch of great looking weapons. Especially the sniper.
As long as it continues to resemble the standard Assault Rifle design, I'm happy. I'd be beyond disappointed if they chose to revert to that ugly Reach design.
Seems like I'm the only Reach AR fan around here! ^^'
Anyway, CE still got the best design imho, H2A is a close second place.
I feel like it would ruin the vibe. Tbh, we should go back to the roots.
I actually liked the Halo Reach MA37 design, it felt pretty unique in a way.
I think that the Halo4/5 AR looks fine. Maybe give it a different color scheme, but that's it.
L3ntPuma wrote:
I think that the Halo4/5 AR looks fine. Maybe give it a different color scheme, but that's it.
Both the 4 and 5 designs look different, Halo 4's is black and grey and a bit smaller then other AR's, Halo 5 is somewhat bulkier and has a green and white paintjob.
I pick the Halo 4 AR.
lol not quite I actually loved the reach version, might be my favorite minus maybe 5's.
Since the AR is and always will be my favorite weapon I hope they go with the way it worked in halo 5 being pretty good but not super powerful like h4. As for design I wouldn’t mind if they keep the halo 5 or h2A design.
I am perfectly happy with the latest AR variant.
In terms of appearance, I prefer the classic look of the AR. In Halo Reach it just looked clunky and overdesigned.

In terms of performance, I'd like it to work as it does in Halo 4/5. It should be a viable close-range weapon, not something that loses to the BR/DMR in every single scenario.
NO! The AR is beautiful the way its been in 4/5. We don't need it to change, maybe graphical updates to keep it looking real compared to the updated graphics but thats it.
Look at what happened when they changed the Iconic SPNKR. Look at the Storm Rifle, and compare that to the Plasma Rifle and tell me what direction the design went (worse?) I think the AR is one of Halo's Iconic weapons. Reach was an exception since it was technically in the past.
The real question to be asked is, what will happen to the SPNKR, and will both iterations of the rocket be in Halo Infinite?
hxminid wrote:
NO! The AR is beautiful the way its been in 4/5. We don't need it to change, maybe graphical updates to keep it looking real compared to the updated graphics but thats it.
Look at what happened when they changed the Iconic SPNKR. Look at the Storm Rifle, and compare that to the Plasma Rifle and tell me what direction the design would go (for worse?) I think the AR is one of Halo's Iconic weapons. Reach was an exception since it was technically in the past.
The real question to be asked is, what will happen to the SPNKR, and will both iterations of the rocket be in Halo Infinite?
Halo 4 and 5 have different ARs, am i the only one who notices this or something?
hxminid wrote:
Look at what happened when they changed the Iconic SPNKR. Look at the Storm Rifle, and compare that to the Plasma Rifle and tell me what direction the design would go (for worse?) I think the AR is one of Halo's Iconic weapons. Reach was an exception since it was technically in the past.
Halo 4 and 5 have different ARs, am i the only one who notices this or something?
They are different, but I wouldn't say different enough to count them as two completely separate things. At least thats how I feel.
A REAL difference is the H3 AR and the H5 AR, for example.
hxminid wrote:
hxminid wrote:
They are different, but I wouldn't say different enough to count them as two completely separate things. At least thats how I feel.
A REAL difference is the H3 AR and the H5 AR, for example.
The Halo looks like a more detailed H3 rifle, the H5 rifle has a new paintjob and is abit bulkier. Not to mention the h4 rifle looks more like h3's rifle then halo 5's, so think i its a big difference.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2