Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Should we have heard about a Collector Ed. by now?

OP SDdawg

I know there have been discussions on the topic of a collector's edition, but I don't think anyone is really wondering whether or not 343 should have announced something by now? I know online we have the Best Buy the statue + steelbook bundle, but that appears to be mostly a separate partnership. It's pretty clear that they weren't planning to do one based off of the lack of announcement even back from the July reveal, 3 months before their original launch date.

Now, I still think it's possible that they're holding their cards closer to their chest than ever, considering that this year is the 20th anniversary of halo. They may just end up surprising us with an awesome CE (and maybe a themed XSX, even). However, I guess our closest point of reference to go off of is the CE of Halo 5, which was announced in late December of 2014... nearly nine months before the October 2015 launch. So basically, I think we should either hear from 343 really soon about this or we may not hear of one at all. That's just my speculation, especially when you take the unprecedented delay + covid into account. But hey, maybe I'm wrong! Maybe we'll get some awesome stuff to buy for the 20th anniversary.

What does everyone else think?
I think there is still plenty of time. One thing we have to keep in mind, with the virus delays and everyone working from home, this isnt the usual release schedule. Im sure it won't vary too much from what we would expect, but just something to keep in mind when discussing these things. I still think there is plenty of time for a collectors edition announcement.
They have said that they will use the big industry events (eg. E3) for Infinite.
We will probably get news about this in June (E3). It’s 8/9 months away from launch so it’s not like we should’ve heard about that yet
We will probably get news about this in June (E3). It’s 8/9 months away from launch so it’s not like we should’ve heard about that yet
Well I'm just basing my expectations off of Halo 5's pattern (announcing in Dec. 2014 > releasing Oct. 2015). And yes I know the pandemic throws a wrench into expectations but we have to remember back in July we were only a few months away from release and there was nothing. Hopefully this whole extra year bought them some more time not only for the game, but for ancillary things like Collector's Edition, extra marketing later this year, etc.
While I fully expect there to be a Collector's Edition, I think it may be reduced to what we're used to. This is the first Halo game to launch since Game Pass and physical game orders are hugely down compared to even H5 release.

As I recall Halo Wars 2 also didn't have a major physical Collector's Edition either.
MorseyBaby wrote:
While I fully expect there to be a Collector's Edition, I think it may be reduced to what we're used to. This is the first Halo game to launch since Game Pass and physical game orders are hugely down compared to even H5 release.

As I recall Halo Wars 2 also didn't have a major physical Collector's Edition either.
Yeah the only steel book that I’ve ever seen for HW2 was in Australia from what I can tell. I’d expect to hear about the different editions around mid July-early August.
Idk if I want to buy the collectors edition or wait and hope for a Series X special console edition
Idk if I want to buy the collectors edition or wait and hope for a Series X special console edition
I’ll be getting the series x special edition console. I might really go crazy and get the collectors edition for my son but I get the physical items....then again I’ll just wait a couple of years and snag it at 60% msrp
I’ll be getting the series x special edition console. I might really go crazy and get the collectors edition for my son but I get the physical items....then again I’ll just wait a couple of years and snag it at 60% msrp
I'm more interested in the exclusive digital items personally. Well and the console
If there isn't a Special Series X for one of the editions that would be a huge shame given it being halo's 20th anniversary
Spoonsor wrote:
If there isn't a Special Series X for one of the editions that would be a huge shame given it being halo's 20th anniversary
I really hope the special edition console is a thing, but likewise, given how short supply Series X|S are in general right now I wouldn't count on it. Given that it was meant to be a 2020 release, it may well be that even the year's delay hasn't given them time to properly do it. I'd rather there not be one than it be done slapdash.