Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

show req/progression system in the beta

OP CrazeTurk

There is a lot of speculation and uncertainty going on right now about Microsoft's recent job listing which implied that Halo Infinite will go down the ''live service'' route. Micro-transactions are obviously involved with this. However, there are plenty of things still unclear about this monetization system as of now. For example, it has been said that there are no ''real money lootboxes'' in the game, but does this mean there are no lootboxes at all? Or just lootboxes that can be bought with in-game currency? Furthermore, we have no idea how this will impact the progression system. Will the cosmetics pool once again be flooded with 30 different visors and 300 different armor sets for the sake of RNG?

The point is, we simply don't know, and we likely won't until the game releases and little to nothing can be done anymore. So if anything, the beta should showcase how progression and micro-transactions are going to work, so the community can provide adequate feedback on them just like with any other component of the game. I don't know if this is even possible, but it's either this or 343 making another pointless animation ''explaining'' the REQ system and how ''uninvasive'' it is.
I feel like a Viddoc would serve better. The beta should express gameplay not menus and tabs.
Spoiler:
Show
Nalla78 wrote:
I feel like a Viddoc would serve better. The beta should express gameplay not menus and tabs.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 5s entire game revolved around the req system. It was the goal of playing and it was awful. There wasnt a progression system except for those randomized loot boxes and there still isnt another one so 343 should probably be displaying this stuff in beta before full release. Let the halo fans give some feedback after playing with it and hopefully they dont ignore us to listen to the handful that blindly praise anything that 343 does.
Unless they show us soon it will be too late to fix anyway. Halo 5 centered around it. If they wait to show us in a beta it will be far to late to change the focus of the entire game.
CrazeTurk wrote:
There is a lot of speculation and uncertainty going on right now about Microsoft's recent job listing which implied that Halo Infinite will go down the ''live service'' route. Micro-transactions are obviously involved with this. However, there are plenty of things still unclear about this monetization system as of now. For example, it has been said that there are no ''real money lootboxes'' in the game, but does this mean there are no lootboxes at all? Or just lootboxes that can be bought with in-game currency? Furthermore, we have no idea how this will impact the progression system. Will the cosmetics pool once again be flooded with 30 different visors and 300 different armor sets for the sake of RNG?

The point is, we simply don't know, and we likely won't until the game releases and little to nothing can be done anymore. So if anything, the beta should showcase how progression and micro-transactions are going to work, so the community can provide adequate feedback on them just like with any other component of the game. I don't know if this is even possible, but it's either this or 343 making another pointless animation ''explaining'' the REQ system and how ''uninvasive'' it is.
Yeah.
Because we can't do anything and nothing is concrete now.
The end.
It will probably show it in some form, I recall it being in Reach beta but I can't remember how they did it in 5 beta.