Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Since Guilty Spark is still alive...

OP BerzerkLlama

...Would you agree that it would be great for him to make a comeback? 343 keep insisting that they want Halo to return to its roots and bringing back a classic character would be a great way to do that. All they have to do is EXPLAIN (one of 343's weaknesses - for example Didact's motives in Halo 4 and his hatred for humanity) what happened to him through in-game dialogue rather than rely on fans to read the lore.
...Would you agree that it would be great for him to make a comeback? 343 keep insisting that they want Halo to return to its roots and bringing back a classic character would be a great way to do that. All they have to do is EXPLAIN (one of 343's weaknesses - for example Didact's motives in Halo 4 and his hatred for humanity) what happened to him through in-game dialogue rather than rely on fans to read the lore.
wait where did they say hey want halo to go back to its roots
Since when is guilty spark still alive?
there was a story where a unsc ship recovered him and he was barely alive
Yes I want him back.
Dude, change your title. That's kind of a spoiler. I didn't know this and wish I didn't. Put like "Guilty Spark" spoiler alert or something. At least warn people here.
*Spoiler here*
Spoiler:
Show
Dude, change your title. That's kind of a spoiler. I didn't know this and wish I didn't. Put like "Guilty Spark" spoiler alert or something. At least warn people here.
Yeah, second the suggestion for a title change. Lot of people haven’t read the books and all.
That's badass and annoying at the same time. That's the kind of -Yoink- that you're supposed to put in the games. Not the books so we can avoid another h5 situation.
That's badass and annoying at the same time. That's the kind of -Yoink- that you're supposed to put in the games. Not the books so we can avoid another h5 situation.
yea I would recommend some kind of codex for infinite
yea I would recommend some kind of codex for infinite
Or actually implementing cut scenes explaining events unlike Halo 5.
I guess it was more Microsoft.

"Xbox marketing boss Aaron Greenberg has commented further on the title, telling GameSpot that it will return to the franchise's "core roots.""

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-halo-infinite-returns-to-the-franchises-ro/1100-6459829/
Spoiler? The info is several years old. Do I have to put a spoiler when talking about the ending of Halo Reach?
I guess it was more Microsoft.

"Xbox marketing boss Aaron Greenberg has commented further on the title, telling GameSpot that it will return to the franchise's "core roots.""

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2018-halo-infinite-returns-to-the-franchises-ro/1100-6459829/
hmm interesting
Spoiler? The info is several years old. Do I have to put a spoiler when talking about the ending of Halo Reach?
It's different bro, most people who play the video games just play the video games. They don't read the books and stuff. It's just common courtesy.
He shouldn't be. I say leave him out of it and keep him in the books.
I thought they said they weren't going to be using material from the Books in this game? No matter if he does I'd like to see the UNSC Rubicon make a return.
Halo: Infinite needs some kind of terminal of ONI footage that you can watch/read in a similar way to like in Mass Effect 2 on the shadow broker ship (I think I'm thinking of the right bit...).
Hell, if Halo 5 had that kind of thing then they could have summarised what happened in the surrounding books and added a ton more context to everything happening in the game.
That's what was so great about Halo 4 and they almost got it perfect with the terminals. It built a great history without having to read anything about Ancient Humanity and why the Ur-Didact became how he was.
It's just a shame that it didn't show more of both Ancient Humanity and the Forerunners.