Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Single Player RPG-style customization.

OP Jerasunder

I imagine customization for Halo Infinite at the least. If the RPG aspect is to be believed, I can imagine chief pulling off a shoulder pad and swapping it with an improved one, maybe something that optimizes his smart-link to zoom more accurately or further. Maybe there's some leg armor he can improvise that's lighter that allows him to sprint faster, or run out of stamina in a longer amount of time. Maybe there's a forearm pad that allows him to compensate for recoil more, or a helmet variation that allows him to see details in the dark ODST style.

This is what I want.

Also I'd totally love to somehow see some elemental weapon infusion. Corrosive rounds, explosive rounds, cryo-rounds etc...
So like Destiny with the random Armor sets but with bonus perks and a mix with Borderlands with the Elemental Weapons like Slag, Fire, Corrosion, Electricity, Explosive & Cryo?

If 343 decided to make a spin-off Halo RPG single player Halo game, I supposed I’d give it a try since I am a Borderlands nerd
I respect your ideas and find them interesting, but 343 said they were going back to the roots. Now I am not denying it, but it would seem best to make an actual halo game rather than take a risk of a new genre. Additionally, some people thought h5 to be rpg and open world based off the teaser. Just don't expect it to be rpg, just think maybe will or maybe it won't. Don't make expectations like these for style of a game since they can make some a bit biased and disappointed when it is not as it thought. Besides it is just a trailer, don't theorize to far. Like your idea and respect it, have a good day!
Jerasunder wrote:
I imagine customization for Halo Infinite at the least. If the RPG aspect is to be believed, I can imagine chief pulling off a shoulder pad and swapping it with an improved one, maybe something that optimizes his smart-link to zoom more accurately or further. Maybe there's some leg armor he can improvise that's lighter that allows him to sprint faster, or run out of stamina in a longer amount of time. Maybe there's a forearm pad that allows him to compensate for recoil more, or a helmet variation that allows him to see details in the dark ODST style.

This is what I want.

Also I'd totally love to somehow see some elemental weapon infusion. Corrosive rounds, explosive rounds, cryo-rounds etc...
Being a huge fan of Mass Effect and a shameless spammer of the Concussion Round, I support this %100. However, just not in the main Halo campaign. Although having Master Chief become something other than an unchangeable, static, faceless guy who never uses the restroom, I feel like it would receive way too much backlash, and whatever good aspects of it would be masked and ruined by the current gamer rage culture.

However, the idea of a knock off game that involves an RPG style would be awesome. How about ODST 2? You can customize the heck out of your trooper, his/her "class," gender, personality; the whole sha-bang, and since it would not be part of the main Halo campaign, there would be zero legit reason for anyone to whip up a storm about it.

Also, Buck would have to be in it too. They need to take him out of the main campaign and give him a large role like he had in ODST. Buck is too important, funny, and overall great to be given a small and almost meaningless role like he had in Halo 5.

Good post.
I would love a Halo RPG but I don't think that's the route they're gonna go for in H6.
I'd prefer an upgrade system more similar to DOOM; don't go full RPG, but integrate the REQ system in a better way by being able to modify weapons an maybe armor traits that have visual queues.